Weapon light discussion, (loosely) related topics welcome

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Wondering if it's possible to put a 9mm Hi-Point carbine barrel on a 10mm model?

why bother..

9mm Dillon in a 16" barrel would be very interesting,
would be incredible ballistics in that lenght barrel

1702320794769.png

10mm Auto on right__________________________________________________________________________^

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was always under impression sigs were top of the line pistols. never owned one, never even touched one

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
i was always under impression sigs were top of the line pistols. never owned one, never even touched one
Their classic stuff one thousand percent is. I have a p226 and even with the California "safety" modifications, it's still fantastic. The p320 is amidst litigation for allegedly uncommanded dischargesā€¦ so jury is out on that one.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The p320 is amidst litigation for allegedly uncommanded dischargesā€¦ so jury is out on that one.

Sig got a group of experts in the room and they left with a striker fire pistol without a drop safety and without a firing pin block.
Sig claims it's safe. Trust the experts, they say. lol

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are quality. Really everything out now is quality.
But since Sig Germany folded and resurrected as Sig USA they put out a pistol then they have to put out a few generations with changes to get it right. However....Sig is forward thinking and has done a wonderful job of moving the industry forward.
Their MPX, although on it's "3rd generation" and called the MPX PCC, is revolutionary.

Reliability and revolutionary sometimes doesn't go hand in hand. But they'll get the kinks worked out. Only Glock is perfect

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry, tangent. Just announced. I'm curious because of the price. I heard the wml version of this is legit for the 365 platform. They also have an 18350 variant for those who like shorter handhelds.

View attachment 54099
Brilliant! The clip reaches all the way up to the top of the tailcap switch. How are you supposed to grab the light out of your pocket in a stressful situation with only 1/16th of the tailcap sticking up above the pocket seam? You want low-profile? Black paints, black tailcap switch, black clip mounted low so you actually have something to grab onto and pull out of your pocket if you need your light NOW! Literally no one is going to notice your clip-carried flashlight in your pants.

The raised points on the tailcap switch is the cherry on top. Have fun slamming the pad of your thumb down onto those. Especially during repeated training/practice low-light sessions at the range.

Better option:
Nitecore P10iX

(Proprietary rechargeable battery. Just buy an extra one for it. Clip is a bit weak, but at least you have options how low or high you want to mount it on the body. Bezel-up and Bezel down are realistic options too. So is no clip at all, and carried in the excellent provided holster. Monster levels of flood. Ideal for use with a handgun. You want some Throw as well? Buy a different light.)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I add a wrist strap to lights clipped to my pocket for easy grab. It droops to my side for stabbing two fingers through the loop. Can go one of two ways, either swung in a circular motion for centrifugal device or deployed as a flashlight. Takes practice but it works.

It's an idea I gained from PK's Icon Rogue, often called "the potato peeler". It came with a neck length lanyard for that very purpose.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brilliant! The clip reaches all the way up to the top of the tailcap switch. How are you supposed to grab the light out of your pocket in a stressful situation with only 1/16th of the tailcap sticking up above the pocket seam?

This is why I test my EDC gear in real-world-high-stress-dangerous-for-life scenarios at least 3x a week.

tango44

Enlightened
Olight, TLR7A, nightstick, and other Chinese products are toys.
The only lights that will stand duty use are Surefire and Modlite, the resta are toys!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Olight, TLR7A, nightstick, and other Chinese products are toys.
The only lights that will stand duty use are Surefire and Modlite, the resta are toys!
Tell us how you really feel.
But seriously, if you think they're toys, think again. I've got about two dozen SureFires and numerous Streamlight models. I've got lights from the better Chinese brands too. For serious work, I pick the right tool for the right job. Hand-held Search light, Sorry; not reaching for my M6 from SureFire. Reaching for my M64 from Jetbeam. A light so good that you literally don't even need the Turbo setting to get excellent results from it. Only light I own that I can say that. Need a floody massive wall of light? My Nitecore P10iX is getting the nod over my SureFire L4.

In terms of durability, there's a video of an independent review floating around on YouTube of a P10iX getting dropped off the roof of a man's house and easily surviving. Only one story, but still. Some lights don't survive a drop off of a dinning room table. (But of course YT's idiotically broken Search function won't bring up that video I watched two days ago.)