Weirdest thing you've done with your flashlight?

eygen

Newly Enlightened
I use the anodized parts of my flashlights to file my nails. Actually not bad.

Jsut like in the other thread, I put lights on modified nerf guns. (technically this is a cheap paintball gun that is godly at shooting foam darts)

I do that all the time :D

Wallace L

Newly Enlightened
I use a couple of my incans' beams to deaden venomous spiders that make their way indoors - I am unable like to use poisons and there is no residual squash mark....

Sunglasses or oxy goggles recommended wearing for this task.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once used my 6D Mag with a 1D extension to "discourage" a prankster classmate of mine from dissassembling my tent (with me in it) on a school camping trip. As soon as I stepped out of the tent with it, he pounded my tent's stakes back in the ground in record time!:twak:

I had a similar experience at a beach camp with my church youth group. I was sharing a tent with one of the youth group leaders one night and someone thought it would be funny to take the tent down on us while we were asleep. This woke up the youth group leader who was sleeping on a cot and he went outside and put the tent back up. Since I was on the floor, I slept through the whole thing. The next day, the leader went to a nearby store and bought a habanero pepper and brought it back to camp. The next morning after that, the guy that took down our tent woke up extremely thirsty with a habanero in his mouth. He learned his lesson and it was a painful one.

OCD

Enlightened
I used the knurling on my Stainless Maratac AAA to fix a chipped fingernail just to see if it would.:thinking:

It worked but I wouldn't want to have to give my self a manicare with it.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats a USL, not an M6, there is a significant difference between the two:shrug:

Yeah, I was fibbin' on cooking the egg with an M6...just thought it was funny, kinda like using it to "signal the mother ship". i was aitin' for some-one to call me out on it! But seems like most people believed it...LOL! Although, you might be able to cook one using the MN21...of course the batteries would be dead by the time the egg was done...LOL!

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Plenty of times :devil:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236132

I'll have to find the pic's of the 6-V lanterns I painted as well...
how do i spray paint my light without covering the brand name
this is my light
CIMG1189.jpg
edmwer2010
thanks

nbp

Flashaholic
this is my light
edmwer2010
thanks

Why would you want to do that? The paint is going to wear off relatively quickly in spots and it's going to look terrible. :thinking: What's wrong with the lovely ano it came with? It's tougher and looks better. :shrug:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is my light
CIMG1189.jpg
edmwer2010
thanks

Yeah, I've only ever painted my plastic/nitrolon ones...painting an anodized light is a whole nother story...you would more than likely have to bake it on...but if you really want a custom camo light, get a used G2 on the MP for $25'ish and have at it...if the paint job turns out good, you can get a decent head/drop-in for it. I would never paint an anodized light...just my thoughts....

As far as the lettering, on mine it was raised, so I just painted the same scheme as the rest of the light...when I was done, I went over the raised lettering with a paint pen...

Tuikku

Enlightened
A short information to other: it's only hundreds of meters between Haparanda in Sweden and Torneå in Finland, they are separated by a narrow river and coupled together by a bridge.
I guess that the establishment of IKEA in Haparanda is unique; usually IKEA department stores are placed in or close to quite large cities, but Haparanda is a small city with only around 10000 inhabitants.

Regards, Patric

I might also add, that Ikea and Haparanda draw people from Finland say at least from ~100miles to do some shopping in Sweden.

Always a nice place to visit, no hassle at border :cool:

Favorite items are usually Ikea furniture, usually good price/quality ratio (saved tons of money in curtain rods for whole house!).
Others are car winter/summer tires from KM-dack. Snus & cigarettepaper (not so heavily taxed in Sweden). Energy drinks like Battery, some sodas, some special coffees. Soft alcohol drinks like 2,2% cider (makes perfect combo with cheap Estonian liquor :D )

BUT

According to thread:

A few weeks ago I was going to showel up some snow around my post box.
Some kids were behind a pile of snow back there and were pointing with laser pointer randomly cars and people passing by. They tried to hide behing the pile from me, i climbed over it and told them to put the pointer away. Ofcourse they didn´t. The went say 50+meters away and continued pointing me showeling and people walking their dogs.
I took my cheap`o Romisen RC-C6, put in in full throw, ontop of my postbox and pointed to kids "hiding" on field in snow. Actually not very nice thing from me either :(

They pointed with that laser for a while but obviously could not see so well where to point at. They left me alone quite fast.

So, as a kid repeller...