What do you say?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Some people like to have a lot of shoes, some people like to collect stamps, some like to trick out their cars, I have a lot of flashlights. Plus it gets dark when the lights go out."

I also have a background in a few things that require flashlghts, so depending on the situation I can further the conversation on such a topic.

For the rare plain old strangers who just as out of the blue, I also go with the
"Why?", "Why not?" train of logic.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because for all my intelligence and innate ability, i havent yet learned how to see in darkness

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually say "because I'm going to be outside later on when it's dark". I've only ever been asked at work. My friends know I'm a gadget freak and that I like to take walks at night, so they don't question it.

My parents know it's a hobby and that I like to collect them too, so they don't question it either.

lengendcpf

Enlightened
okay, lets say we are out for coffee. whats your story?:poke:

I will tell him, about the advancements of leds, the differences in the material in the construction of flashlights body, coating. Then using those LSD nimhs instead of those normal rechargeables. Which charger to use? A lot of of details about how to be able to carry just 1 flashlight in the pocket.

Basically I think this would put them off..:nana:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just say, "I may need to bury a body in the basement later, and it's dark down there."
devil-smiley-029.gif
devil-smiley-029.gif
devil-smiley-029.gif

Works every time...