What does a well worn Titanium EDC light look like?

saabgoblin

Enlightened
There was someone over in the customs section that was selling a bunch of McGizmo's nicely displayed in velvet or felt lined boxes that were beautifully worn.

Zendude

Enlightened
Been on my keychain for about 8 months. The grade is softer than others pictured here, hence the deep nick on the bezel.

0000025.jpg

5 minutes later.....

000b0030.jpg

I love these lights!:grin2:

P.S. I think Carrot has anger issues.

1anrm

Enlightened
Been on my keychain for about 8 months. The grade is softer than others pictured here, hence the deep nick on the bezel.

0000025.jpg

5 minutes later.....

000b0030.jpg

I love these lights!:grin2:

P.S. I think Carrot has anger issues.

How is the keyring attachment on the mini holding up?
thanks

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Here's my Quark Ti AA, #213. It's been dropped onto the road/etc many times and has undergone many scratch-inducing events. Pretty scratched up at this point, but all the damage is very superficial and could be polished out if I wanted to (I don't).

img3111t.jpg

img3108d.jpg

img3107u.jpg

img3105g.jpg

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread and cool pics! :thumbsup:

The light that survived the wreck illustrates one of the main advantages of having a light made of Titanium...I think it's incredible how well it turned out after some time, serious elbow grease (no doubt) and polish. Try that with an HA aluminum light!

I hope to see many more pics of worn Ti lights, they've GOT to be out there! :poke:

I'll have to try to take some pics of my Ti Quark 123...it doesn't have much damage...a few small nicks in the bezel, and what reminds me of spider webbing on the smooth surfaces from mainly pocket wear. I'm not even sure it would show up in a pic. :thinking:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could take a picture of my Lummi NS; I've babied it, but the previous owner carried it. It's not beat to death, but the nickel silver probably takes marks easier than Ti.

It still looks like a million bucks though, even if it only cost me 30.

apurva

Newly Enlightened
Great thread! Now how about some comparisons between Titanium and Stainless Steel lights?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know has anyone ever stonewashed a McGizmo? I wonder if it would work? I'd love to stonewash my Haiku if it was possible and been done with good results.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Who can do the high quality of stonewashing to rival Hinderer's Knives? Stonewashing, done in a manner of Hinderer's, always feels nice and shows very little wear. My Hinderer stonewashed kubaton has been carried for several years, yet looks brand new.

I want to revive this again to see of any stonewashing updates. I just hate to have anyone but Don disassemble the light for the process. Does anyone else feel this way? Or, is it a non issue? I ask because these are unique pieces, custom made, by one of the most, if not the single most, prolific makers of flashlights to date.

Thanks,

NR

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
My polished Ti Preon 2 is pretty scratched up. The matte finish on the newer lights seems to hold up a lot better.

scout24

Flashaholic
Not bad at all. Two years of almost every day carry and use, it's tough to get the scratches and scuffs to show in the pics. Most of the "factory" machine marks are all but gone, at least compared to my babied Sundrop... I'm a mechanic by trade, and this gets USED. No holding back... Dropped, tossed on my tool box, I gave up trying to keep it pristine long ago. A tool of the highest quality, right there alongside the others I make my living with. Thanks, Don!

P1020047.jpg

P1020048.jpg

P1020049.jpg

Last edited:

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Titanium EDC light how they hold up

How does your titanium EDC light hold up? And major wear? Pics welcome!

Thread Merge

Last edited by a moderator:

nbp

Flashaholic
Unless you are intentionally smashing it into things, Ti lights hold up insanely well. Even after months or years, you will likely not have much wear on it that you can't get rid of with some superfine steel wool. I'll try for you but I doubt I can even get my camera to pick up the wear on my McGizmos after a year of EDC together in my pocket.