What flashlight you have in hand before you get into CPF?

lilaussie18

Newly Enlightened
Always have to have the Surefire E2E executive elite with LED conversion or typically my surefire TLR 1 HL when im out and about. Cant beat the clarity and reach the two lights have

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can genuinely say that I was addicted to torches way before I found CPF.

I had already been buying from Pocketlights.com (Sadly, now gone) and had quite a collection including Surefire , CMG/Gerber, Maglite, LED LENSER, and UK Divelights. I may have even found Lighthound.com! I think it was the proprietor of Pocketlights who linked me to this place after I bought my ARC +4 - so I hold him solely responsible for the multitude of purchases since! (D. Kochan???)

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modernflame, lol.
It Was reasonable, when there weren't better options!
I used to compare it to if I were paying a Djinn or other supernatural creature an hourly rate for rental of supernatural abilities... instant light in the darkness 12$ an hour, instant communication over ling distances, 9$ an hour or .15 per message, lol.

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
I had a couple Maglights before I found CPF. I actually came here looking for laser pointers way back then, and only slowly was drawn in by the flashlights that looked like light sabers!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a brilliantly interesting thread, capturing that moment from being unenlightened to enlightenment. For me, it was a Cyba-lite Luxeon I 3x C-cell light. I was looking for something smaller, and came across CPF, which led me to an LED Lenser (Coast) David 15.F From then on, it as a slippery trail to Fenix, Lummi, Surefire, Zebralight, McGizmo and now George Kemenes.

oldrifleman

Newly Enlightened
Before I found this sight I had a half dozen Surefires, some small maglights and a Fenix. I also had more money in the bank:D. I have been a light fanatic for years, just my definition of what a good light is has changed.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years before CPF, my best lights were from Underwater Kinetics and the Streamlight Scorpion. Then about one year before CPF I discovered the Bright Guy website, and the slippery slope into SureFire et al began.

Blackout89

Newly Enlightened
-Ultratac K18 2017 (keychain light)
-Fenix UC35 v1.0 (EDC) - Just ordered the UC35 v2.0 last night
-2AA Mini Maglite LED conversion
-Anker LC40

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Stinger (original)
Surefire 9P
Surefire 9N
AA Mini Maglite
3 C cell Streamlight (this thing was probably 20 or more years old when I got it).
A couple of those 9 volt PAL lights.
Some single and double AA LED lights that were about as bright as a lit match. Just enough to dig through a backpack in the dark with eyes that were adjusted to the night.
A 10,000 candlepower Pelican 2 C cell light. I don't remember the model though.
Maybe a Maglite rechargeable, not sure if that was before or after I found David's awesome site.

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
I have always had a fascination with flashlight since I was cub scout but right before I got here I had a few mini mags, a Rayovac 2 Innovas 1 that used 2 cr123 and 1 that used 2 aa, 2 Brinkmann Maxfire, 1 used 2 cr123 and the other was rechargeable and las but not least an Eagletac p20A2 which was the one that brought me here. of all them the Rayovac died, everything else I still keep with a few ([emoji3]) dozen more.