What is your Friday night beer of the night?

dulridge

Enlightened
Re: Favorite beers?

All beer definately isn't the same, I don't know how he got that idea. Some folks can handle Buttwiper and some can't. I like it okay, Michelob is good too.

I know cats who produce better stuff than US industrial "beer". But then you really want to try Zambian Nchanga beer - it is basically brewed with the effluent from a huge cement works and causes liver cancer.

Good stuff :(

On the other hand it takes a lot less of it than the other national brew (Mosi O'Tunya) to make you fall over and in a nation with a life expectancy of 33 years, who cares?

For the really tough, there's always chibuku which is brewed in oil drums which may or may not have been cleaned out before use, is the colour of milky tea, smells strongly of acetone and is the best laxative known to humankind. And is really, really cheap.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Six Grain Ale from Stone Cellar Brewery in Appleton, WI.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened

I must say that I prefer european beer over us beer! atleast over the ones i have tasted, I think they are to close to water.. :)

My absolute favorite beer is the Danish beer Tuborg Green! vol alc 4,6%. It must be ice cold! Mmmm....

That and Carlsberg is the fav ones. I drink the beer im served, but if I can choose that is the ones I pick! Ohh and San Miguel is nice too!

I dont wanna name all the brands of beer i like, you would only think im an alcoholic... :party:

Im only a flash-aholic for now... :)

-walle-

Newly Enlightened

Carlsberg pilsner and ceres royal export are my favorites, when it comes to resonably priced beers.

For something a little special i like one from a microbrewery called the devils brew, especially their mistic ale is good.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't drink, but if I did, good, bad, or indifferent, it would have to be Corona.
I carried a pager 24x7x365 for over 15 years and when I saw the ad where the guy skipped the pager across the water I became a convert.

janwe

Newly Enlightened
Can't believe nobody mentioned "Holsten Pilsener" beer from my
place of birth Hamburg. ;)

I prefer it. It has I guess a stronger bitter beer taste.
Generally I find people more likely to drink Becks beer in this part of Germany.

Prost!
:buddies:

---

The poster of this message must admit that the fun begin in Germany with the
age of 16. In most other parts of the world with 18 or 21 years of age. :grin2:

Be careful and drink responsible!

janwe

Newly Enlightened
Oh of course I forgot about Duckstein beer.

It has a taste of Beechwood where it was matured.
Like some sort of whiskey manufacturing.

So it's fairly expensive, you find it often in restaurant's.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I'm the one who started this thread and I haven't had a beer in a month as my nerves and panic attacks have been kicking me around. No coffee either, not sure which one I miss more!

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
Yuengling Porter tonite, though my can't-decide-on-anything so I'll get this beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Summertime in the backyard is all about Blue Moon and Hoegarten though.

Every Christmas eve though, for 13 years running, it's been a pint-six Taddy Porter. Best (cold-weather) beer in the world. Come on, argue with me. I dare ya.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Chimay Bleu. Probably my favorite beer of all, but some of the danish micro breweries turn out really good stuff too.

o0o

Enlightened

What are your favorite beers?

These are mine...

Light: Great White beer(Lost Coast Brewery)

Dark: Downtown Brown ale (Lost Coast Brewery)

http://www.lostcoast.com/

I also like Red-tail ale for a more traditional ale...

http://www.mendobrew.com/

I tried another great brew from Lost Coast Brewery.

Their 8-ball stout is also excellent.

http://www.lostcoast.com/index.html

Full body... I taste notes of chocolate, cola (coke or pepsi taste), coffee, and malts. Its black in color (a little darker than Downtown Brown), and definitely more powerful than Downtown Brown.

I also like their Alley Cat beer... its a more traditional amber ale... although its a distance fourth place for me):

This is my top 5:
Downtown Brown
Great White
8-ball stout
Alley Cat
Red-tail Ale

The one beer I cannot bring myself to like from Lost Coast Brewery is their "Indica" IPA. It's so highly hopped that bitterness is the dominant flavor, which isn't my preferred style of beer.

Wicho

Enlightened
My faves for regular drinking are:

Pacifico
Stone Pale Ale
Stone Ruination
Arrogant ******* Ale

For when I feel like splurging:

Alesmith's:
Horny Devil
Wee Heavy
Nautical Nut Brown

FYI - Stone Brewery and Alesmith are both San Diego, CA Breweries.