what is your most solid, or quality feeling light?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
The Malkoff Wildcat V2, with the whole heads electronics and reflectors "epoxied" in place, now that's solid!

614478037_photobucket_32895_.jpg

614478037_photobucket_32897_.jpg

Barbarian

Enlightened
Can't go wrong with a McGizmo or HDS light, but let's not forget TorchLAB's lights. They are heavy duty to say the least.

cm_mtb

Enlightened
My E2e, but I haven't handled any other lights from US builders like HDS, McGizmo, or Malkoff

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
TNC P60/D26 Titanium 18650 Host.
2fa55019.jpg

2dc64f40.jpg

Nothing but quality and built like a tank.

Last edited:

CheepSteal

Enlightened
SF Z2 with M61W. One mode, on and off. Oveready milspec oring kit with a battery bumper just in case. SS flat bezel. Hoping to get my high transmission acrylic lens which I will cushion with rubber on both sides. You know, just in case...:whistle:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything Surefire, or Malkoff, Solarforce lights feel very solid...my Wolf Eyes Sniper is a tank of a light. Peak lights also get my vote. I like the feel of 4Sevens lights as well.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never held one but I'm pretty sure the Surefire M6 is about as solid and high quality of a light as your going to get.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
My surefire 9P is the most solid feeling.
And the Neutral Muyshondt TI Aeon is the most quality feeling (great machining, everything is nicely chamfered, itfeels like a solid bit of TI)

Ishango

Enlightened
My HDS Clicky is my most solid flashlight. My JETBeam E3S (stainless steel) also feels pretty indestructable, but it's in a different class.

Since the TS asked about the other Fenix lights. I own quite a few Fenix lights by now and I've used them a lot in my EDC rotation. Most of them are of very good quality and I've yet to experience a failure in any of them. Even when a Fenix light gets dropped sometimes it has never failed me, so all in all I think it's good quality. It's just that it's in a different class than HDS and Surefire lights.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
For a small light my Maratac AAA copper feels very solid and well built (it helps that Cu is heavy). I also like the feel of my Maratac AA (unpolished) SS.

happystuffing

Newly Enlightened
Still has to be my SureFire 6P that I got over 10 years ago. Burned out bulbs in the time but I have a new drop-in (led conversion) and it works just as well.

The threding on SureFire lights have always been spoton as well. I mean they are perfect.

Fenix lights feel kinda light for their weight to me. At least that is the vibe I get from mine. Threading on Fenix lights are pretty good too, but again, SureFire threads feel more solid.

notrefined

Enlightened
Malkoff MD-3 by a nose, over surefire E2e (with Z52), Peak el cap stainless, peak eiger brass, mag C, surefire M6, surefire G3, sidewinder compact- in that order. purely subjective, of course, and highly susceptible to all sorts of bias according to what I know about the construction, material, cost, etc., but I did try to limit it to feel :D