what is your most solid, or quality feeling light?

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Morelight and Napalm --

Thank you both for your Links about that Seiko watch.

:goodjob::thanks:

Am quite puzzled why it is Made in China !

:huh2:

Okay, back on topic . . . .

My Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 flashlight
has served me Flawlessly over the past (nearly) 3 years.

Even dropped it once -- onto Stones !
:banghead:

However, it never even *blinked* !

Still feels as Solid and Substantial as when i took it outta' the box.

:thumbsup:

A real heavy-duty beauty !

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of all the lights I've ever owned, the SureFire M2 is the most solid feeling flashlight I have ever owned. The HDS EDC and SureFire M6 would be close seconds.

Richub

Enlightened
Of all my Fenixes, the TK11, TK12, TK15, TK21 and TK35 all have the same rock solid feeling to them. The LD40 comes in second.

I never owned a Surefire, or held one in my hand, but the comments here get me curious... ;)

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my Peak Logan brass and just about any Surefire light feels great... As far as Chinese lights go, I've never handled one as nice as a Skilhunt Defier X3.... Which I should be carrying in my store very soon if anyone is interested...

uknewbie

Banned
Most solid feeling light I have owned?

Elektrolumens EDC-XML (Stainless Steel)
Elektrolumens Firesword

Both weapons.

uknewbie

Banned
I never owned a Surefire, or held one in my hand, but the comments here get me curious... ;)

Only one I have handled is a Surefire 6P, and it felt like a bog standard aluminium light, nothing special at all.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only one I have handled is a Surefire 6P, and it felt like a bog standard aluminium light, nothing special at all.

Other than the type II anodizing, the 6P is one of the most rock solid, bomb proof, reliable lights in existence. The quality of the threading, the simplicity and reliability of the tailcap, and the quality of the aluminum is second to none. If the type II ano bothers you then a C2 or any other similar surefire has the same attributes as the 6P only a tougher type III ano. If the build of the 6P didn't feel special to you, I have to ask what possibly would?

That's the problem a lot of the time. People ask, what's so special about surefire's? Where's the hard data showing that they are better than so and so's brand? Well, once you hold one, you instantly get a much better understanding.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire C2-HA
When i first pick em up, i didnt expect it to be solid as i used to use cheap-thin bodied light
Took off the TC, and the body is solid-thick, inside the battery tube, the wall is polished (due to factory boring process?)
The HA layer is so smooth, nice coloured, Engraving is detailed
### notch on the TC gives quite a large friction, the light can be twisted with one hand(by using thumbs)
Ive never owned such a elegant light before

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If my solid, you mean hefty - it'd be my Mac's 3300L. With a pair of 32650's on board, it's a 650g (1lb 7oz) solid rock. :devil:

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
I am reviewing a Dark Sucks light right now and I am not sure anything has quite the same heft and feel.

Of the lights I own, I'd have to say my Aeon would qualify if it weren't so tiny to begin with.

uknewbie

Banned
Other than the type II anodizing, the 6P is one of the most rock solid, bomb proof, reliable lights in existence. The quality of the threading, the simplicity and reliability of the tailcap, and the quality of the aluminum is second to none. If the type II ano bothers you then a C2 or any other similar surefire has the same attributes as the 6P only a tougher type III ano. If the build of the 6P didn't feel special to you, I have to ask what possibly would?

That's the problem a lot of the time. People ask, what's so special about surefire's? Where's the hard data showing that they are better than so and so's brand? Well, once you hold one, you instantly get a much better understanding.

I have given examples. Elektrolumens EDC. HA-III, blasted finish too, super thick body, more than twice that of most SF and others, solid copper core. Heavier, sturdier, no switch to fail.

The Thrunight Catapult is another, higher grade alu (7075), thicker walls, stainless ring on the head, long threads.

Actual, listed facts, not just vague statements about being "bomb proof".

And, no, you do not "instantly get a much better understanding" I have handled one, felt like nothing special, was nothing special.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have given examples. Elektrolumens EDC. HA-III, blasted finish too, super thick body, more than twice that of most SF and others, solid copper core. Heavier, sturdier, no switch to fail.

The Thrunight Catapult is another, higher grade alu (7075), thicker walls, stainless ring on the head, long threads.

And, no, you do not "instantly get a much better understanding" I have handled one, felt like nothing special, was nothing special.

Each to their own. The 6P's reputation speaks for itself, this model of light has probably been in more hostile environments than any other light in existence, and has survived. It was, and some would say still is, the standard upon which all others are compaired. Read up on the history of the 6P, it is quite special and hardly "vague".

Regarding my comment on understanding the quality of a light better once you hold it, I say that for two reasons

1. One can read all the hard data they want about what a lights made of, the aluminum grade, the ano specs, the "long threads", but it isn't until you actually have experience with that product in your hands that you can get a much better understanding and appreciation of what the quality is

2. There are plenty of people out there that will tell you all day long about how this brand here and this brand here is just as good or even better than the surefire, yet in reality they never held one in their life, or in your case, only held one particular model.

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirageman custom ti fatty and TNC Ti 1x123 p60 host light and Elzetta (All are solid and feel as tho you could use them for hammers if you were so inclined).

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

My brother was doing mechanical design engineering work for BAE Systems' JLTV for 5-6 years. He was doing a lot of Pro-E CAD design for the vehicles suspension system. BAE at the time was HEAVILY taking into account field data, and recovered materials form various IED attacks in the sand box + hundreds of pieces of photographic data / evidence from soldiers and their first hand accounts. He relayed to me SEVERAL stories of Surefire lights (weapon mounted and hand held) surviving some of the most destructive IED attacks. Pictures of attack sites, debris fields with Surefire lights beat up but recovered in working order.

He doesn't even own a Surefire (he has a couple dozen Fenix lights and Mags)... So even as a non-fan of the brand, he acknowledged the durability of the product.

Your written text... "vague statements about being bomb-proof" is a statement that could not be farther from the truth. More than any other brand Surefire HAS SHOWN to be bomb-proof... in real world IED attacks. Its just not widely known to the average mall minja, the military considers it classified information.

Last edited:

pweber

Newly Enlightened
Funny enough, I have to agree with the guy who said his Maglite was the best. Even though my 2Cs are dust collectors now, I still feel like they are the most well balanced flashlight for my hand. As far as LEDs go, I'm very happy with my Eagletac P20A2 and T20C2. I'm always keeping my eye out for a modern LED that looks and feels like my good-old Maglite 2C.

uknewbie

Banned
At no point have I even suggested Surefire are not reliable, I am sure they probably are.

So are many others.

I can't help but notice, being from outside the US, how much associating your product with military use helps it enormously.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why did this thread have to become yet another Pro/Anti surefire argument? :duh2: