What job do you do?

87james

Newly Enlightened
Re: What do you do for a living?

that's cool! I guess you've already got a perfect gun light for your gun! have you make some laser lights as well?

87james

Newly Enlightened
Re: Already asked? What do you do for a living?

seems so mysterious job you are doing, :confused: oh my, I've got a spy here! aha

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: What do you do for a living?

Hmmm, I do a lot of things that overlap...but my primary duties involve performance of forensic investigations. I also do disaster response for the Red Cross.

I've always loved lights though.....I just had no idea that there was a community like this one. I feel like I'm home when I'm here. :wave:

correspondent

Newly Enlightened
I've been a broadcast journalist for close to twenty years now. I used to anchor the primetime newscast in my home county for 15 years. Now i'm a freelance correspondent for a couple of news organizations.

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
Deck Officer Unlimited Tonnage. Graduate of California Maritime Academy.
My last ship, 32,000 tons, holds itself over the well with (6) 5,000 hp electric thrusters powered by (7) 4.6 MW gen sets. Hotel and drilling loads around 1 MW, fighting currents and wind, up to 30 MW. I can burn 1,000 gallons of diesel per hour just to hold position. My ship (rig)...
noblemorning.jpg

Yours truly
MVC-729F.jpg

My "office"
MVC-730F.jpg

One of those gen-sets
MVC-442F.jpg

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hell? Does EVERYONE have a better paying job than I do?

Hey, I'll take one of those gensets for when I have a power failure in my house (or when the whole town's out)

:)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
True dat but I'm sure you make more but that's irrelevant as it was more of a joke anyway. Seems lots of people here have pretty cool
and good jobs.
I still want one of those gensets.
I take it you can't take one of those with you when going home, right?

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
Heck, if I wasn't the marine Captain, I wouldn't even be able to take those pictures. The drilling companies do not want any means of recording media on board (should an incident occur, they want to control the spin) and you are searched before boarding the helicopter. Those are old digital pictures, taken by the first Sony camera that used 1.44mb floppies for storage, owned by the company and stored in the rig's safe.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, can you blame them? :)

So, that's a no go on the genset then?

I once had (well, still have) this huge bag (duffel bag kinda) that we were going to use to smuggle
a buddy's lil' sister into a movie that she wasn't old enough for.

We didn't do it but she would have fit :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whats your job ?

See? My point exactly!
EVERYONE's got a better title than I do.

Long time Greenie, wazzup?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I never mentioned what it paid, who knows, you could make more than me, but as we all know, money doesn't buy you happiness, it just lets you pull your boat into a slip next to "Happiness".

True. But that slip next to "Happiness" is known as "Contentment."

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

See? My point exactly!
EVERYONE's got a better title than I do.

If it makes you feel better, the average Pharmacy Technician has to deal with customers coming in who have oftentimes let their anti-psychotic refills lapse. Last pill was 3 days ago. Now you get to deal with a potentially violent psychopath on a short fuse who should be locked away from society. But he's standing in front of you, and he wants his meds NOW!

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened

If it makes you feel better, the average Pharmacy Technician has to deal with customers coming in who have oftentimes let their anti-psychotic refills lapse. Last pill was 3 days ago. Now you get to deal with a potentially violent psychopath on a short fuse who should be locked away from society. But he's standing in front of you, and he wants his meds NOW!

That is when you don your Bozo Clown suit and really push him over the edge.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

That is when you don your Bozo Clown suit and really push him over the edge.

No need to even go that far. He's already dangling over the edge. Sometimes a simple "Hello, how can I help you today," will be enough for him to fall over.

vickers214

Enlightened

A disillusioned uk police officer, a petro-chemical insulator and sheet metal worker by trade
Pp