What job do you do?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
CPA. Accountant type in federal service. I rarely need lights on the job. But, I sometimes arrive before dawn or leave after dark.

Mostly, I just appreciate anything of quality and am utilitarian. In other words, I'm anal and want the "Perfect" tool for the job, even if the job is rarely performed.

In other words: Good evening everybody. My name is Jeff, and I've been a flashaholic since I was 10:eek:

TKO

Enlightened
Police Officer - every shift I carry the following:

On duty belt a Streamlight TLR-1 for the Glock, 2 X AW18650 under a P91 and an anemic LED on the Taser (does that count:eek:?).

Big duty light is a modded SL-35X running a ring potted (thanks js) WA1164 over 8 x 1/2 D's.

AR-15 light consists of a Malkoff M60 over 3 primaries.

Streamlight Cuff mate

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
My Job?
-To bring enough light for myself and everyone who I expect to be there who I can assume will have forgotten their flashlight in the corner of some storage box or junk drawer at home-

Actually, since a certain percentage of my income comes from selling flashlight related things, I can just say I'm in the flashlight business. Or, if I want to really be honest, I could admit that I'm a pizza deliver driver :) Actually, flashlights do come in very handy for that job.

Eric

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
My job does not require me to have a flashlight but I tell my wife it requires many!!!!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Mechanical engineer, for the Cisco Systems CRS-16. I frequently find myself inspecting and poking in/around TELCO rack equipment in the labs.

fredlumox

Newly Enlightened
Police Officer
Pelican 7060 - Insight Technology M3X - Zebralight H30 - Streamlight Cuff Mate - NiteCore D10

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the roofing business and errr uhh, you can never count on that sun to be burning forever:poof:

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently a College Student but I work full time for now at a Specialty Sporting goods store. I always have an E-Series SureFire on me; if not two. Its either a E2DL (Used to be an E2D until the LED version came out) or E1B. Sometimes I have extra space in my pants so I carry a Gladius or a Z2 with Malkoff M60. My first ever EDC was a P1D Q5 CE.

roguesw

Enlightened
English teacher, the job doesnt require lights but its come in handy more than a few times. And I try to cycle my lights so they get used. My current favorite is the Pr-T SSC on 2x123 Ti McGizmo.

dano101

Enlightened
Business and Industry Liason for my provincial government. I often visit rig sites etc as part of my job at night and it scores me points having a brighter light than any of the rig and/or service crews.

ElGreco

Newly Enlightened
College student in technical theatre and part time stagehand. Most of the time I am working either in the dark or a poorly lit area. I circulate an EDC sized light with a low setting (especially during performances), and something beefy (like a high output lamp in the G3 or the M60) for certain very dark open spaces that tend to eat up your lumens.

unique

Enlightened
Hahaha, I see a lot of people just like to carry that many lights because its a hobby, or because they really need at least 2 -3 lights in some cases.
Well I carry 2 lights in the car and one on my keys :oops:

sappyg

Enlightened
i am a home builder and i use my light constantly to inspect sheetrock, cabinets, attics, you name it. you should see the look on my contractors face when i whip out a light. most of them figure that, if i don't find it or see it , then they got away with it. or at least they use to.

Last edited:

rala

Newly Enlightened
Full-time Security Supervisor for a hospital, part-time plain clothes loss control agent, on-call private security and bouncer. Yes I do need my lights.

Desertrat

Newly Enlightened
I am a radar technician, but where I work, power goes out about 2 times a month and it is good to have a light on your person to make your way out of the building until power is restored.

nightshade

Enlightened
Commercial and industrial generator electrician. I see the worst cases of "prevented" maintenance and abuse one can imagine. Spot, flood, throw, runtime- I need them all. If I had a nickel for every darkened stairwell I've ascended... :sweat:

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Audio visual technician. At work I always belt carry a P1D R100 which gets used many times a day. Great for delving into equipment, cupboards or finding my way around a dark hall. An L1T v2 lives in my desk drawer as a back up. Any other lights I have with me are my usual EDC (P1DCE Q5 keychain, P2D R100 and 120P in backpack) and don't get dragged around on the job.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Sellf employed - women's clothing - never enough light in the dressing room.
Dorcy 3 million candle power spot, Osram 64447 incand, 5 Q5 Elephant 2, Ultrafire C2 P7 mod, fenix LODCE reb 100.
I'm always ready when asked - so far, no one has asked:mecry: