What LED flashlight is sitting on your nightstand?

ven

Flashaholic
IMG_20171128_215945.jpg

Added a FirstLight Tomahawk LE perp retina popper to the table.

I trained with the UI for a while before adding it to the 2am lineup. It has a kinda joystick thumb control set up that can do a few different things based on which portion of your thumb is pressing which button.

:cool: You just cant miss a light in the middle of the night:D
Although different lights, our nightstands look similar right now. Once i get the Madisons guinea pig off me, i will take a pic! :laughing: (minding it)

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
I am surprised so many people seem to use such high power lights for nightstand lights. Especially ones that don't have a moonlight or at least a low low mode. For me, there is nothing worse then a bright cool white light in the middle of the night. I might as well just call off the rest of the nights sleep.

Depends on how you plan to use it.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Had a Coast LED Lenser V2 for 12 years on the night stand. Put a protac 1L-1AA in its place this year. Nice upgrade after a few years....

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Fenix MC10 Anglelight. Yes, it has parasitic drain, and I will probably get it upgraded with a warmer led someday, but on low, it is a nice 1XAA "indirect light source" light for the bedside stand when the power goes out. I do like the uncharacteristic blue battery tube sheath. The other, "bump in the night" light is going to be rarely used, but it's incan, and bright.

dhunley1

Enlightened
Malkoff MDC 1AA Nichia 219B V2 and whatever light I carried that day, which is usually my MDC neutral 16650.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Thrunite TN4A...

Pictured is the HI version. There is always a regular version in the nightstand drawer also. I've since added Victorinox split rings to all of the lanyard attachment points to preserve the lanyard attachments material.

Last edited:

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Acebeam K60. The wife loves this light and she believes the 1 lumen moonlight mode is perfect.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Acebeam K60. The wife loves this light and she believes the 1 lumen moonlight mode is perfect.

...Your wife does know that running that thing on full blast will make the dawn look like a 1 Lumen moonlight mode by comparison, right?
She does have a point though. A powerful light kept running on a low-power mode - makes for an absolute age between charges, and yet it's powerful enough to light the entire garden should the need arise.

I'm more conservative, and got a Jetbeam EC-R16 in the nightstand drawer. Though with my precious Fenix TK76 on the wall right outside my room.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
...Your wife does know that running that thing on full blast will make the dawn look like a 1 Lumen moonlight mode by comparison, right?
She does have a point though. A powerful light kept running on a low-power mode - makes for an absolute age between charges, and yet it's powerful enough to light the entire garden should the need arise.

I'm more conservative, and got a Jetbeam EC-R16 in the nightstand drawer. Though with my precious Fenix TK76 on the wall right outside my room.

It's amazing to me the the runtimes we can obtain with the minimum required lumens being used. I abuse my batteries and run turbo or just under whenever doing a activity that I could probably get away with only a hundred or more. Instead I use 5000lm

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
Right now there are 5 lights on my bed table.

Fenix TK45 A bit dated but I like this light enough I would like to get a back up if I found a good price.
Fenix TK75
Fenix TK47UE
Prometheus Alpha Ready Made
FourSevens Ti Mini ML

On my dresser 10 feet away the rest of my lights, the smaller AA and AAA are in a couple drawer units with the larger lights on top.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Right now there are 5 lights on my bed table.

Fenix TK45 A bit dated but I like this light enough I would like to get a back up if I found a good price.

The TK45 is a great medium-sized light. I got two of them myself, both loaded with Eneloop AA's, and recently upgraded to Eneloop Pro's in one of them.
They were my "travel lights" for a long time (until I dug into the world of 18650's), precisely of their AA power source.

AA batteries are available "everywhere", no matter how much of a barely habitable wilderness you find yourself in.
And the TK45 got great versatility in its light modes - good spacing, good power.

...And on a personal note, I just love the "gatling-gun" design of the TK45.

Last edited:

aih

Newly Enlightened
Presently I have an inexpensive small flashlight on the windowsill beside the bed all the time, but also an Olight S1R on charge in the bedroom at night. Starting tonight (if delivered today) I will have an Olight mini on the windowsill or the desk beside the bed at night.

Latest posts