What LED is missing?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
my dog has harness made of rgb leds and controller, has preset colors, in addition to ability to adjust each one, plus different pattern\color flashing..

as far as flashlights go, there are few color flashlights, but i do not think it can do as much with colors, as rgb controller could,

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heat sink kits for the Surefire M6 similar to the ones made by Led Zeppelin. But configured for modern LED's such as XP-L, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
More affordable 1x AAA lights that come in NW off the factory.

So that you aren't stuck with CW 1x AAA lights, or forced to shell out lots of $ for exotic / custom lights in that format. :(

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega,
Have you ever considered 2xAA and 3xAA E-series compatible bodies w/integral tailswitch assemblies, similar to your sold-out 2xAA & 3xAA D26 bodies? People could use them with various Malkoff E-compatible bezels such as the Malkoff E1T or M31 in a VME bezel or a SF E1E/E1L bezel with a 2xAA body, or the Malkoff 361 series or the SF E2L (KX2) with a 3xAA body.

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see a body made in such a way that the extensions are hidden. Maybe the groves would line up in such a way to hide the line between the main tube and the extensions. We could have a p60 or E series lights that could run off any battery and not look like a Franken light.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a multi P60 host?
Something like a Megalennium, 3x18650 in parallel with a tipple P60 socket head.
I had something like this in my mind but total cost was extremely high.

Have you ever considered 2xAA and 3xAA E-series compatible bodies w/integral tailswitch assemblies, similar to your sold-out 2xAA & 3xAA D26 bodies?
Pair of AA cells wrapped on some paper will fit in 2x18500 body but pair of 18500 won't fit in 2AA body.
Single 18650 is about 68mm long and diameter of 19mm with capacity of 3500mAh
3AAs are about 150mm long and diameter of 15mm with capacity of 2000mAh

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a new LED light with a mechanical revolving dimmer ring like Fenix TA30. Distinct steps and easy readable mode. Rough knurling for good grip. XM-L2 neutral emitter. Head with enough heat dissipation for the light to run at the highest mode without need of step-down. Runned by 2x18650s and the light would have an inbuilt voltage cut-off for safe use without the cells going too low. Like TA30 it could be 3 modes but 50, 300 and 900lm. Something like that. Pretty simple, reliable and practical.

I still long for a light with mechanical revolving dimmer and 3 modes but when I think about it a single 18650 would be even more useful. XP-L neutral emitter and 10, 150 and 500lm. Even 500lm would be flat regulated and that I think will be possible for maybe 1,5-2hours or so. But after that it would drop to 10lm for some hour to avoid the user to be completely left in the dark. Other features: Tailstandable and some kind of low battery warning.
Apart from that I would like a 2AA model in the same design and UI. Let say 5, 100 and 300lm.
Fenix: do you read this? Release an updated TA series please! :popcorn:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small as possible side by side 2X 18650 with SERIES option p60 host :)

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this would be like Fenix TK35 that takes D26 (P60) type of module. Right?

What everybody else think about this?

Yah but you'd make it look way cooler and with standard mechanical clickie switches and o-rings etc :)

And p60/d26 compatible. Cells in series for the newer 6v emitters would be super cool

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "p60 headlamp lego kit" would get my attention. Using your existing p60 light(s) and build it into a headlamp. A compact holder for the drop in with on off button and a headband. Wire goes to a c or e series "dummy" with a cap we can screw into the regular c and e series hosts. This way we have a lego p60 headlamp using our tubes as external batterypacks. Can use a tiny e series cr123 twisty tube on the back of the head, or a 2x18650 c series in the pocket and control it from the clicky on the head. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A "p60 headlamp lego kit" would get my attention. Using your existing p60 light(s) and build it into a headlamp. A compact holder for the drop in with on off button and a headband. Wire goes to a c or e series "dummy" with a cap we can screw into the regular c and e series hosts. This way we have a lego p60 headlamp using our tubes as external batterypacks. Can use a tiny e series cr123 twisty tube on the back of the head, or a 2x18650 c series in the pocket and control it from the clicky on the head. :)

I'd buy one.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this would be like Fenix TK35 that takes D26 (P60) type of module. Right?

What everybody else think about this?
That would be an interestin option, the series 18650 cells make it possible to use i.e. the high power 30W Oveready dropins. With this stylish body an also stylish head that is able to cool down the dropin would be perfect. I assume noone would like to use a normal Surefire Head or Cooly, oder Beefy or whatever head on this special body. Also a nice looking head on this body would be great.

ven

Flashaholic
What LED flashlight(s) can be made but nobody makes them?
What would you like to own which is not existed but doable with today's technology?
What body size? Head size? Form factor? Battery chemistry? Battery configuration? Number of cells? Brightness? Run time?
What host would you like to own to use with P60 type modules?
Let's be realistic and concentrate to LED only.

Please check incandescent
here

I think a 21700 host would be pretty cool that is p60 compatible, maybe a body option that would fit the surefire head/tail to. Feeding a high output p60 on
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...review-of-Samsung-INR21700-30T-3000mAh-(Gray)

Then a body that could run 2x 21700 cells in, imagine feeding an xhp50.2...............should yield some amazing results, especially helped with on of your 5mega bezels:D

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
What LED flashlight(s) can be made but nobody makes them?
What would you like to own which is not existed but doable with today's technology?
What body size? Head size? Form factor? Battery chemistry? Battery configuration? Number of cells? Brightness? Run time?
What host would you like to own to use with P60 type modules?
Let's be realistic and concentrate to LED only.

Please check incandescent
here

I would love to purchase a straight cylindrical (head diameter same as body diameter) multi-cell multi-emitter light in the SX25L3/SR Mini/TM06 size classification. But with a lot more lumens than what is currently offered. A lot lot more more lumens.

How about something with the same form factor, body diameter and head diameter as the TM06, same four cells, four reflector wells.

50 mm head and body diameter, with four cells and four XHP50 or four XHP35. The light may be longer, to accommodate thicker heat sink and deeper reflector wells.

7,000 lumens would be nice.

Oh, and don't forget lower modes available for those few occasions when I don't want to unleash the power of the cells as quickly and brightly as possible. :)

I have hope that someone can make such an item. Something to look forward to in life.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still craving an ultra compact side by side WITH SERIAL option 2x18650 host.
Shaped like an LD50 but with a single "C" type bezel or Coolie type.

The serial option would make it great for those XHP modules without the length.

And an aluminum compact flat shape would be way less bulky and heavy than the FM 2p18650 p60 mag host.