What LED is missing?

Double Cooly....some of the P60 drop ins require two cells
+1 on the concept a larger Cooly. I would like to see a 3x 26650. Also, the extension concept you mentioned as an alternative would be nice as well to allow multiple extension to be used on the original Cooly to allow for however many batteries the user would like.
YES! More cooly extensions, please.
picture.php

An ULTRA minimal aluminum single 18650 p60 host.
Like as minimal& lightweight as possible - maybe even just a twisty tailcap & have a clicky option.
Charge more for less like Porsche ;)

No ridges & minimal or no gnurling.

I'd hit it ;)
I also like this idea too. I modded a light like this and keep it in my lunch box.
picture.php

A big head/reflector for the MT-G2 would be popular IMO. One that screws onto C or M size hosts.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
4000-5000 lumens with a 1000 meter range... most seem to be 4-5k lumens but only a 600 meter range, or a lot less lumens but a super tight spot for 800+ meters. Maybe running on 18650s, in parralel to increase run time.

Not quite a flashlight, but a spotlight/floodlight, 12 volt, with or without a battery pack, same kilometer range with even more lumens. With a separate battery pack, or corded use, it couldbe made with a very nice heat sink design in the body for long running.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a new LED light with a mechanical revolving dimmer ring like Fenix TA30. Distinct steps and easy readable mode. Rough knurling for good grip. XM-L2 neutral emitter. Head with enough heat dissipation for the light to run at the highest mode without need of step-down. Runned by 2x18650s and the light would have an inbuilt voltage cut-off for safe use without the cells going too low. Like TA30 it could be 3 modes but 50, 300 and 900lm. Something like that. Pretty simple, reliable and practical.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
A high output, compact LED flashlight that could survive an EMP pulse/attack would be swell.

Paranoid much????

If things get that bad, last thing I am going to worry about is a torch....I'd be more worried about Getting the heck outta here...

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
And I would also like to see more 219 lights, and also smooth, minimal 18650 host, I'd polish it up good! Mm shiny!

Jay T

Enlightened
How about a multi P60 host?

Something like a Megalennium, 3x18650 in parallel with a tipple P60 socket head.

A CrAzY user could install 3xXMLs, 2xXMLs+an XPG, 2xXPGs+an XML or even mix and match tints.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^Or run 2x18350 3P & run 3MTG2 modules ;)

I still vote for slimmest possible p60 host w twisty.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a battery vampire that could run off of either a depleted 1xCR123a, or 1xAA, in a dual-diameter, "stepped" interior. Would it be possible to have a spring on the interior bottom for the negative AA contact, and a negative contact on the larger-diameter interior "ledge" for the CR123a? A neutral/warm led would be nice, as would a simple twist-on, twist-off.

It would be nice, Fivemega, to see what you could do with a more durable version of the current 9v "Pak-lite", or "Palight". I know that you want to stick with radial, symmetric machining. How about a conical aluminum build that simply snaps on to the top tightly. Two modes, moonlight and usable-dim. Once it was snapped on, it would always be on. Keeping it in moonlight mode would let it run a long time. No lens needed, but the led is somewhat protected by being at the bottom of the integral machined reflector. Eight thin radial cuts through the top/sides of the reflector itself would allow a person to spot it in complete darkness in moonlight mode. Anodized, with raw aluminum reflector. Again, a neutral/warm led tint would be nice, if possible.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
There are virtually no decent quality (IMO) multimode 1xAAA lights with a forward clicky - most are twisties with a few low-end reverse-clickies thrown into the mix.

A good-quality but small forward-clicky switch is certainly possible, as Streamlight put out a viable product with the Microstream (unfortunately, it was and still is relatively low output, single mode, etc).

A key CPF development was being able to put the Fenix LD01 (twisty) head onto the (forward-clicky) Microstream body, filling this niche. (<- good reading there)

Instead of reinventing the wheel by attempting to make another AAA-body light & sourcing a forward-clicky switch that is small enough:
  • Purchase a few dozen Streamlight Microstream 1xAAA lights for ~$15 each
  • Use a lathe to rapidly part off (& dispose of) each low output (& single mode) LED head (which unfortunately is now fixed / integrated with the SL MS C4 body)
  • Thread the now-opened head end of the body w/ rear clicky switch to be able to accept one of the many current-production high-output multimode LED heads (such as the Fenix LD02 and probably a number of others)

I suspect that there is a reasonably standard thread spec for the many 1xAAA LED heads, as the Preon heads were thread-compatible with the Fenix LD01 threads back in the day.

If the Fenix LD02 multimode heads are thread-compatible with the new Surefire Titan-A heads, we would have multiple high-output multimode head LEGO options for this new multi-purpose AAA forward-clicky body.
We should also have more upgrade options in the future as new 1xAAA products from Fenix, Surefire, etc, are released.

I would most certainly buy a few of these customized forward-clicky bodies and start LEGO-ing. Being able to cycle through output modes with this clicky (a reverse-clicky isn't as capable IMO) would be a significant functional upgrade to the very nice 1xAAA twisty lights that are currently on the market.

--------------------

Edit: And since everyone loves pics, my (Fenix LD01 / SL Microstream) EDC light for the past 3.5 years:
(Getting long in the tooth & a little obsolete; rubber tailswitch boot finally showing substantial wear; but still my favorite EDC. :D)
IMG_7961.jpg

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...eat-up-light&p=4472648&viewfull=1#post4472648

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are virtually no decent quality (IMO) multimode 1xAAA lights with a forward clicky - most are twisties with a few low-end reverse-clickies thrown into the mix....

Univex AAA is the only one that comes to mind ... and is long since discontinued.

And, of course, the LF2XT :eek:

archimedes

Flashaholic
"LF2XT"

I saw where Selfbuilt is wanting to sell his.

Price $310 :drool:

Yeah, the crazy part is the original release price ... ~ $60 :ohgeez: :banghead: :crazy:

Hmmm, I think there might be a market for a high quality, multi-mode, forward-clicky, multi-chemistry, AAA-sized torch, after all :thinking:

Last edited:

Ladd

Enlightened
Quoting post #36, Fivemega said:

How about titanium 18350, 18500 or 18650 ???

A E-compatible 18350 tube in titanium would be terrific!

Amelia

Enlightened
I just want a single die quad emitter XML (R,G,B,NW) light that would let me mix the colors and adjust the output level of each to make any color/brightness I want. I'm amazed nobody has done this yet! :(

Latest posts