What light to buy?

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I have the river Rock AA model and the JetBeam Jet1 MKII.x and both are fine lights. I can vouch for the RR being a decent but less than stellar brightness. My JetBeam is my most precious and well machined piece I own. I doubt you would not be pleased with the JetBeam. My JetBeam is almost like a piece of jewelry it is machined so finely. It's hard to describe. It's a fine precision piece of work.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy Lighting!:party:

Last edited:

ThatGuyBri

Newly Enlightened
The task force 2C is a thrower (small high intensity spot, less side spill). It might not be the best light for indoor use.

The 1xAA flashlights (Fenix L1T, Jetbeam CL-E) don't run long on the highest settings with alkaline. They need NiMH rechargeables. If you go this route, plan on getting rechargeables.

toolpig1

Enlightened
For the few times that I've posted, I always seem to be raving about the Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon 4AA. Don't get the model with the 7 leds, the Luxeon version can seriously throw the light a considerable distance. It comes in division 1 (explosive environments) or the cheaper division 2 (what you would order). The light might be slightly bulky for carry in your toolbelt, so consider the Streamlight Jr (new model with C4, Cree). It's not much bigger than a minimag and is really bright for what you plan to use it for. Here's a link:
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_Jr_LED_Flashlight.php

I just read the post above mine, the Streamlight Jr C4 blows the Inova Bolt 2AA out of the water for less money. The minimag led's aren't in the same league as either the Inova or Streamlight.

Last edited: