What lights your fire?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really enjoy seeing a pic of the Blazer in action, flame on. I looked it up and it appears to be a serious torch capable of melting some metals.

oregon

I've molten the core out of zinc pennies before. Takes a while. Not the hottest not the biggest heat transfer wise, but the most reliable

I'll get a pic later on =]

oregon

Enlightened

Jeritall

Enlightened
I've actually lit the "strike anywhere" matches on my jeans by holding the match close to the business end and dragging it along the pants covering my upper leg. You need to quickly shift your grip when it ignites and somehow keep from breaking off the tip.

Thanks for the pic.

oregon

WARNING!!! Never try this while wearing tight jeans and f------, (passing gas)!!!

oregon

Enlightened
P1000713.jpg

P1000711-1.jpg

My lovely wife blew up our last pressure cooker which was chock full of hot beets at the time. Fortunately, she had stepped out of the kitchen at just the right time and wasn't injured. It looked like a slaughter house with red mush everywhere.

She has a sense of humor about it so I gave her this butane lighter disguised as a tiny pressure cooker. She doesn't want the real thing anymore.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened
I use tracer rounds to light my cigarettes.

This post begs for a photograph.

A modern day Buffalo Bill. I would pay to see this done. You might consider getting your act together and taking it on the road.

oregon

Jeritall

Enlightened
P1000724.jpg

I actually burnt my finger tip while taking this photo for you. Fiddling with camera and a flaming pig's *** at the same time has its risks. But, thanks for the warning.

oregon

Actually, your finger tip is better than somethings you could burn!

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought this from Big-Lots for $3 (also came with a "regular flame" utility lighter). People usually don't expect "Jet Flame" lighters in an Aim N' Flame style form factor. At least the long stem prevents you from burning your fingers when you light a grill or turkey fryer.

LighterPack.jpg

LighterHand.jpg

LighterFlame.jpg

I just had to do this with it :devil::

MeltedPenny.jpg

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a flaming pig collection! That is too cool! It never ceases to amaze me how CPF can make you say "who knew?".

oregon

Enlightened
Just bought this from Big-Lots for $3 (also came with a "regular flame" utility lighter). People usually don't expect "Jet Flame" lighters in an Aim N' Flame style form factor. At least the long stem prevents you from burning your fingers when you light a grill or turkey fryer.
I just had to do this with it :devil::

I like it. A jet torch with reach. Score! Yuandrew 1 Lincoln 0.

Make a path. Big Lots here I come.

Thank you kindly for the terrific pics. Great quality photos and you really show off the business end of the jet.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened
Wow, a flaming pig collection! That is too cool! It never ceases to amaze me how CPF can make you say "who knew?".

It is the year of the pig in China so I had to capture the period and celebrate with the gift of fire: lighters!

I'm juiced in with with some vendors since I sell the capsule and bottle lighters, I get free samples upon request, but I actually bot the pig lighters. Pretty good quality for butane.

The cleverness and volume of the Chinese lighter manufacturers (there are at least 500 separate lighter manufacturers in Wenzhou making about 70% of the worlds lighters) amazes me. They are reproducing the collectible Japanese classics of years gone bye plus creating interesting lighters of their own. And, at bargain prices. This can't last. Time to load in I say.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

Small world. I just bot 2 paks of super glue, each pak has 3 tubes, at the dollar store. I was going to use it to stick stuff together but now, after seeing this video...

Thanks for the new information. Love it.

I made a mantle piece, for above the fireplace, out of a big thick board. Stained the wood with actual berries and sealed it with linseed oil. I threw the stinking rags, used to apply the linseed oil to the wood, out back onto the cement porch. The next day I found them partially burnt. The words, "dispose of properly" have meaning for me now.

oregon

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could be so unlucky as to burn the tip of your nose.
Funny you should say that. Years ago a friend had a new watermelon-scented candle he was proudly showing off. I couldn't smell anything different about it, so I held it really close and sniffed deeply. The flame went up my left nostril and I could finally smell something - burnt nasal hair. Sorry, no photos.

I use a triflame jet lighter to light things. It's quite effective.
https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2009

oregon

Enlightened
Funny you should say that. Years ago a friend had a new watermelon-scented candle he was proudly showing off. I couldn't smell anything different about it, so I held it really close and sniffed deeply. The flame went up my left nostril and I could finally smell something - burnt nasal hair. Sorry, no photos.

I use a triflame jet lighter to light things. It's quite effective.
https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2009

I am telling you that is first hand experience with candle power. My nose hurts just from your description (once I stopped laughing, sorry).

You will never have to proove your bravery in any other way after snorting flame up your nose.

Thank you for sharing an embarassing moment.

Triflame. No half measures for you. Does your flame look like the one in the link to Kai's site? Kind of purplish?

oregon

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will never have to proove your bravery in any other way after snorting flame up your nose.
There probably was a bit of a waxy smell, now that I think about it, but I have no idea how to prove my bravery - I've run screaming from a bat-filled cave. (There was at least one bat.)

Does your flame look like the one in the link to Kai's site? Kind of purplish?
I think it's just Kai's photo. It actually looks pale blue, having nothing to tinge the flame. Better photos at http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1368 (although the lighter is more expensive). I have to agree with one of the reviewers there - "Buy it if you're a pyromaniac."