What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a Peak Eiger SS (Neutral White) and a El Capitan (Neutral White).
Been wanting to order more Peak lights but never get around to it, now that their website is user-friendlier, resistance is futile.

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
LD41 because of the reviews and anticipation from pre-release press. I like the UI and the expected great build quality from Fenix. Already have a PA40 so now I have very similar lights. Time will tell which one I'll instinctively reach for more often.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snagged a Thrunite Ti Firefly from lightjunction.com last night.

The price was perfect ($21 shipped.),and it'll make a nice backup light.(don't intend to make it a EDC light,as I already own a titanium Preon 2.)

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman T60CS. I've had 50+ lights, and I've had throwers up to 121,000 Lux. I've found that 27,000-28,000 lux is the amount of throw I like best, with any extra lumen going to a larger hot-spot. 27,000 is great to about 225 meters in my testing. Need binoculars for anything farther than that anyway. I love the hot-spot size of a Surefire D26 reflector with an 800 Lumen, 2.8 Amp, Cree XM-L, that makes about 9000 lux in throw. So now along comes this light with triple 800 lumen, 9000 lux heads giving a total of 27,000 lux!!! AWSOME!! I can't wait for it to arrive. Will this be my perfect light?? I hope so. Only took 50 or so to get there. ?

Update: It is Awesome as I thought. A bit heavy in the hand, but what do you expect with 3 18650's to get the endurance with 3 LED's, and the necessary Heat-sink mass. They claim 2100 Lumen, but Selfbuilt's test showed 2400. Basically this light is identical in throw/output to a Nailbender XM-L drop-in for a Surefire, times 3. I have found the D26 with an XML to be the ultimate 100 Meter light. Now combine that spot size with the 27,000 lux of a thrower.....So I think at last I have the perfect 4 light collection.... T60CS, Surefire C2 XML, Zebralight H31, and a 121,000 lux Aspheric for throw.

Last edited:

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo Haiku XM-L 2xAA pak. I wanted to try a high end light after some disappointment lately from the middle of the road chinese lights. Besides, who in their right mind wouldn't want a Haiku!:D

Edited to say: I amend my statement, I refuse to buy any more chinese made flashlights.

Last edited:

Jerrycobra

Newly Enlightened
shiningbeam blaze, i wanted a smaller light that would be easier to carry around compared to the bc40, plus it was on clearance for 30bucks shipped, i look forward to edc the light, even though its large for edc

gsr

Enlightened
I bought another Surefire E1B, because I have cone to the conclusion that it is a fantastic combination of size, power, and flexibility for EDC.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Thrunite TN30 because I wanted a super-bright light that I can use for lighting up larger outdoor areas, etc. Problem is, I've had it since Saturday, so I've had 3 night to check it out, but its just too bright to mess with at night on the cul de sac we live on. We have too many trees close together in back, so I cant get a good idea how good it throws there, and it front, there are houses all around, so I dont want to hit the side of anyone's house with 2700 Lumens after dark, because they all have windows on the sides of their homes, and it would probably p*ss someone off.

So I will have to take a drive out to the country to the check it out properly. I cant do it here.

luciferous

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite Scorpion V2 with turbo head. At the time of release it seemed to be the one of the best performing 18650s around. been very happy with it

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a Sunwayman T40CS U2 version and a Rofis TR51. I wanted some new toys for the next CPF meet at Tulleys farm. I mean some highly scientific illumination equipment.

junkyardrules

Newly Enlightened
I just took delivery of a Fenix LD41 after my streamlight 4AA yellow polymer light finally died after 8 years of faithful service. Not sure I'm sold on the metal body yet...

Renko

Newly Enlightened
A Romisen RC T602. I wanted to try a light using an 18650 cell that was inexpensive and pretty bright. Well it hit the mark on both counts. Up to now my brightest thrower is a Maglight 3D with a Malkoff drop in.
Somewhat new to this hobby but lots of fun :thumbsup:

MarceloAbath

Newly Enlightened
Fenix ​​E21 - price and quality, I enjoyed the flashlight! I thought even better than my NiteCore D20!

Jetbeam BA10 - this is still on the way! has not arrived yet ...

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while, but I placed an order for another V10r XM-L T6. However, this one is also for a good friend! I'm hoping the online store will be able to verify the tint prior to shipping!

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought another Surefire E1B, because I have cone to the conclusion that it is a fantastic combination of size, power, and flexibility for EDC.

I can only agree. I dubbed mine the greatest EDC of all time. Mine looked like absolute crap before it was finally lost (by a girlfriend). It was so beat up it looks pitiful. But it worked as if it was brand new.

My last purchase was a Surefire M4 and M6LT. The M4 is getting an LED tower soon.

Don't really have to explain why on those two :) but the M6 was bought primarily for when I'm trail riding at night. Getting stuck in the mud in the middle of no where sucks when you have no light.