What was the ONE light that got you hooked...

VIET PRIDE BULLIES

Newly Enlightened
Trust fire X8 for me. Actually I had couple cheap lights zoomable flood to throw Police x2000 but that was all I know about led at the time until my friend introduced me to this world.

bansuri

Enlightened
For LED lights it was the Zebralight H50. Here's my first post on CPF:

"This forum convinced me to get the H50 when it came out, and now the 501.
Had to finally register to let you all know how grateful I am for the time you put into reviews and pics and everything else. You folks are great!"

Between the review from the user who was doing medical work in South America and all of the other posters' comments I had to have one. Sold my original to get a neutral version, still have the H50, H51, H501, etc..
My milestone on handhelds was getting up the nerve to buy an Ra Twisty. Wait,... this thread made me realize that I always come back to Zebralight and Ra/HDS... those 2 brands make up the bulk of my lights.

For lights in general it would have to be the 'ol Maglite 2xAA Minimag. I was in my teens when that wonderful light came out (~30 years ago), and it was a great lighting solution for the time. I've had many.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
_MG_2305.jpg

Still on my keychain after six years.

ericjohn

Enlightened
Let's go back to Christmas of 1988. I was about to turn two years old that following January. My aunt and uncle gave me one of those Playschool lanterns that had the red/green lens filters. Those were back in the days when they made quality (mostly not Chinese) made toys for children. There were other flashlights too. There is one I posted on here a while back of me sitting on my paw paw's lap staring into his Eveready Commander Lantern. November 1987 was written on the back of it. My parents also had some kind of yellow and white 6 volt lantern with a white knob you would turn to switch it on/off. Has anyone had or seen such a light? I saw one once again about 3 years ago in a hardware store but it wasn't for sale (only for store use near the cash register.) No idea what the brand was. My mom and dad also had a Bright Star 575, that was known as "the black flashlight" which they kept in the utility room. Flashlights are burned in my mind and have been since infancy.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
SureFire G2, back around 2003. I still have it, equiped with a McClicky and KX4. McClickys won't fit into the early tail caps, so I had to replace it a LOTC. This means that the body is the only original part, but it has a lot of sentimental value. My wife uses it as her nightstand light.

stallion2

Enlightened
Surefire G2 incan started it but the Olight M20 pushed me over the deep end. now i'm looking for that light that'll put a stop to the maddness.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first true EDC, a LRI Photon Micro-light II.
photoniism.jpg

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore original EX10. I bought it from UniquieTi along with 2 AW RCR123's and the very last Ti bezel ring Russ had. I kinda miss that little light.

P1000583.jpg

Phototropin

Newly Enlightened
My addiction is fairly recent, so I'd have to say the SWM V10R Ti, which was my first decent light. I realised I had a problem while trying to explain to a colleague the importance of having a light with a low low mode, and proudly showing him my V10R Ti, which was met with blank stares. Then they asked me the price lol. Took a bit of googling to show them that $140 is actually pretty damn cheap compared to some other similarly sized lights. "But it's just a torch!".

But I can proudly say that my enthusiasm influenced at least one of them, he has just purchased his 3rd light in 2 weeks. He he he :)

russde

Newly Enlightened
Absolutely remember what started this. Maglite 2AA's, cool colors, pretty bright (remember this is pre-led) and they came with cool holsters for your belt.
Later...LED drop ins? Seriously? Awesome! Better run time, still cool colors, what more could we ask? Funny that the same LED drop ins are still on the shelf.

Cheers,
Russel

Getnlwr

Newly Enlightened
My First was a Surefire 6P. I remember seeing them in the gun shop, and the guy pulling one out, and then telling me the price. I about choked. Then he turned it on.

I had to have one.

And it's only gotten worse.