What's latest version/firmware/model for Maha C9000?

Gazoo

Enlightened
It is a memory problem and does not effect the battery. It only happens in cycle mode, only in slot 1, and only what is recorded in memory for cycle 1. For example, I cycled two older 1650ma battery 2 times in slots 1 and 4. In memory it recorded 1414 for the first cycle, and ended up displaying 1468 after the second cycle was completed. I know it was displaying something other than 1414 after it went into rest mode ( didn't write it down), after the first discharge cycle. This did not happen in slot 4. Slot 4 recorded 1560 in memory, but is still charging so I don't have the end result yet.

I am going to do the same test using a set of older GP2300ma cells as soon as slot 4 completes charging, and pay more attention this time now that I know exactly what to look for. I also have a new set of Sanyo 2700ma batteries I will try it with. I am curious if it is only happening between a certain range of reported capacity, like between 1000ma and 2000ma.

Last edited:

Gazoo

Enlightened
I was able to duplicate the bug exactly as Lex Luther did. On the first discharge, the actual capacity reading was 1573ma, and the recorded capacity was 1515ma. However the final capacity shown was 1582ma. This is only happening in slot 1. Sorry I don't have a decent camera or I would take a picture.

Now I am going to do the test again using my new Sanyo 2700ma batteries. I will report back when it finishes.

Gazoo

Enlightened
Well it happened again with the Sanyo 2700ma batteries. I forgot to write down what the capacity was after the initial discharge. But the recorded capacity was 2525. This was only in slot 1. Definitely a bug, but not one worth the hassle of a replacement. I am still very happy with the charger, and I don't plan on using cycle mode. Most of the batteries I am using are eneloops. The final capacity of the Sanyo 2700ma batteries follow:

Slot 1: 2573
Slot 2: 2576
Slot 3: 2477
Slot 4: 2506

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was quite a bit earlier than that.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1891712&postcount=142

I don't believe the problem was with AAA cells. Can you try it with AA's?
Actually it was with an AAA that I found the problem. I've since found it happens for any cell when the slot 1, first cycle capacity is written to memory when the second cycle starts.

Gazoo

Enlightened
:oops:Thanks for clearing that up. I have read so many threads and posts regarding this charger. But now that you have refreshed my memory I do recall reading your post.

edc3

Enlightened
I'm itching to buy one of these chargers but I want to be sure that I understand the "bug" correctly. The only problem is with the recorded capacity after the first cycle. Is that correct? When both cycles are finished, the capacity given is accurate?
If that's the only problem I'll be okay with not waiting for the next version unless it's due out very soon.

Gazoo

Enlightened
Yes, that is correct, and that bug appears to have been fixed in later versions. Read lampthis's post above. Even if you get a charger that has the bug, it is not a big deal.

edc3

Enlightened
Thank you, Gazoo! I needed that bit of reassurance before pulling the trigger.

:sold:

Lyvyoo

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
I have two questions:
1. Is possible to update yourself at home the firmware of Maha C9000, like a dvd player for exemple? If no, is really bad because Maha update frequently the firmware of this device!
2. What is the method to read the version of the firmware?
Thx guys!

Last edited:

jsphang

Newly Enlightened
Hi! Lyvyoo,

1. It is impossible for us to update firmware ourself at home. There is no input (e.g. USB, connector, etc...) for this device.

2. The firmware version is printed at the back of MH-C9000. As far as I can remember about the sequence of the firmware (from this forum) is:-
i) 0FAB02
ii) 0G0B01
iii) 0G0C01
iv) 0G0D01
v) 0G0E01
vi) 0G0E02 (This is the version I received 2 weeks ago, but not sure whether it is the latest).

NiOOH

Enlightened
Can anyone identify what the differences with each model/version # are?

It seems like the only change was done from 0F... to 0G... So far, all the 0G... chargers seem identical.

Lyvyoo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for reply, but where you find this info about the latest firmware? For example I want to see what is new on 0G0E02 since 0G0E01... Is something secret?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like the only change was done from 0F... to 0G... So far, all the 0G... chargers seem identical.
A couple of CPFers have mentioned that the most recent has the cycle memory write error problem fixed. About time. (See this post if you haven't heard of the problem.)

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for reply, but where you find this info about the latest firmware? For example I want to see what is new on 0G0E02 since 0G0E01... Is something secret?
I would have thought that was the least likely two batches to be different to each other. My guess is the 02 just means the second run of exactly the same product, firmware, hardware and all.

TPA

Enlightened
Just received my C9000 from Thomas Distributing yesterday (9/17) & it has 0G0D01 stamped on it.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just reading over material on the Maha C9000, and I wonder if there's any relevance in the fact that I ordered a one on September 15, 2007 from Thomas Distributing (received it a few days later, maybe Sept. 20) and the number on the back is 0G0B01.

Think I got a unit freshly dusted off from the back of the shelf? Or are they probably just randomly mixed?