What's your car flashlight?

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each car has a Maxfire LX with BOG module. ~2 hours to 50% runtime on primary 123As. Also a Versabrite with SMJLED for clipping to sleeve, hat or pocket. Runtime is ~35 hours to 50% on lithiums, which is about double that of the PR version with boost circuit.

Yes, I have no incans in the cars.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Brinkman Maxfire in door pocket, fauxton in ashtray. I can mouth either one, so never got around to a headlight. Also have EDC in pocket (L2P w/ CR123 body). If laptop is with me, there is usually something in the case.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
TonkinWarrior said:
I once "lost" my original Surefire 6P in the trunk of a car FOR 5 YEARS! That sucker got baked and frozen annually. Countless times. And when I found it, it lit up just fine (Duracell 123s). So, while a lot of those expensive 123-driven LED lights would be painful to lose to theft, I've just decided to hedge my bets with BOTH types (alk & lithium) in my car. Ain't that the CPF credo?

Great story TonkinWarrior.

I've been toying with the idea of adding one of the Streamlight TwinTask lithium battery lights to my car, for cold resistance and long term battery stability. Nice rugged little lights for $20 to $25. Won't break me up if it gets stolen out of the car.

Your account of the lost and found 6P has convinced me that it's a good idea.

NightHiker

Newly Enlightened
Right now i have an Advancemart Ghost in the glove box for reading maps and my PT EOS in the trunk along with my hiking gear, cause ive been storing it there. I think i might get a cheap headlamp to sit there permanantly and maybe a slightly brighter handheld as well.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxfire LX in the glove compartment, Fenix P1 in the keys, Q3 on the jeans "little pocket"

lightplay22

Enlightened
I keep a streamlight twin task 2L in family cars and a G2 in work van. Always have HDS and A2 with me and will bring an ultra stinger and stinger on occasion. On any special occasion I have a bag with PT eos, scorpion, E1, batteries, etc that I grab going out the door of our house. Also keep another eos in work van at all times.

vic303

Enlightened
A Petzl Zoom headlamp resides in the van. Plus whatever I have on my person, which is at least a Photon II and a Fenix L1P.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
A Brightstar 2D that I got from work. I replaced the stock PR bulb with a Mag White Star KPR bulb... much whiter but not really brighter....

Yeah I know... at least I'm carrying a flashlight in my vehicle! My most expensive flashlight is my new Mini Mag LED 2xAA.

Illum

Flashaholic
Jr Lux in the glove box
Super I watt hidden if the cigarette dust bin [with grill removed and no i dont smoke]
Scorpion, XO3, and A2 on me at all times, 1 stylus in the door pocket [map reading, finding small stuff etc], G2 in console with T1

um...Plumbers candles in the trunk...[i dunno who put them there but as long as they dont melt their in there:grin2:]

dig-it

Newly Enlightened
Not much space in the glove compartment, P1 stays in there. Arc P on my key set, QIII and L1P that stays in my toolbag.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Inova 24/7 + 2 batts. I dont leave expensive lights anymore because my car has been broken into before. I dont want to turn a kleptomaniac in a flashaholic, :)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Minimag 2AA knock-offs with SMJLEDs running on L91 Lithiums (one in glovebox, one in trunk). And a couple of photon-clone keychain lights (plus whatever I'm carrying at the time).

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A M*gcharger60 on the center hump.

A 3C M*gled, a 3AA M*gled, a Maxfire w/P60 and a Minim*g w/Lambda LUXIII and a NiteIze headstrap. which could take either AA M*g.

Plus of course my P1 and an older Inova Keychain LED on my keys.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova T3 for streetsign or address spotting (lack of spill perfect for shining out the windows), Nuwai ALX2611 for 3 hours of good wide beam, Inova X5 with Blue LEDs for impersonating a police car (works better than you'd think).
All kept in center console.

turbodog

Flashaholic
hds in the glove box

firefly on my keyring... and since I always leave my keys in the truck I would call that a vehicle light

Yes, the keys are in there all the time, in the ignition. And it's unlocked to boot. I plan on getting a 'steal me' sign next week.