What's your favorite Luxeon-based flashlight?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam MKII w/ 123 tube. I don't know why but this is one of my favorites.

SemiMan

Banned
One of my favourites is my Inova X0. It is the one I keep in my car. The beam is nice and it is bullet proof. I know it is going to turn onwhen I need it.

Still like my Nuwai Q-III, especially since I recently upgraded to a neutral white K2 S-Bin. It is bright enough for almost all needs and still has one of the most useful beam patterns for general usage.

Oh, I like my custom aspheric based on a K2 V bin as well. Not the most efficient thing, but it throws like no other LED light I have and I need to pull out one of my million candle power lanterns to beat it.

Semiman

stldnder

Newly Enlightened
I would have to say it's a toss-up between my Surefire L5 and L4. I love them both, even though they serve different purposes.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still EDC my JIL Intelli with TW0H.
But my favorite is my Milky L1 So useful with the 15 degree optic in it or the McR18 it came with.
And my around the house light is an Inova T1.

Gwaihir

Newly Enlightened
Surefire L1. I think it's a perfect night stand light. 1 lumen is enouth for navigating in dark room, it has excellent runtime (I can leave it shining all night and don't bother about batteries), and excellent switch. I have Fenix P2D, but at home I prefer to use L1 - it's switch is more comfortable and ease to use (but for EDC I use Fenix P2D, it's smaller and brighter - perfect EDC IMHO).

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've upgraded most of my Lux lights to SSCs now, at least the ones I can.

Of the ones that have remained Luxs, either due to inability to mod or other reasons, my favorites are my 2-stage Jetbeam Jet1 MKI running on 14500s and my Q3s. The Q3, for some reason, just has a great design, shape, and feel with good machining quality to match, for the price I paid. I've thought about putting in a SSC P4, but still like it so much with the TWOHs I have in them that I don't feel the need. Weird.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still like my L1T with CR123 tube. I like it because it is simple like my PD. Both levels suit my needs and it's very compact. I have no problems using any UI's that I have come across but sometimes its nice to just to KISS.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the Cree and Seoul hype nowadays, I'm sure our Luxeon-based LED lights are feeling left out. What were some of your favorite Luxeon-based lights that may have placed aside for newer and "better" ones with the new LED technology? Do you still use them?

River Rock 1 Watt 1xAA. Closely followed by the Dorcy 6xAAA K2.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could only have 1 luxeon based light today and I couldn't sell it, it would have to be
  1. HDS EDC U60 XRGT
  2. Surefire U2 is a close 2nd
  3. McLux HD45 w/WW0T is right in there too
I got to tell ya, I enjoyed my lights more with the luxeon LED's for some reason. Now, they aren't as thrilling... kind of weird huh?

-Goatee

EV_007

Enlightened
U2!

My alternate is the Kroma.

U2_KROMA_up.jpg

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai 5W - The Lux V provides a powerful flood of light unlike anything else in my arsenal.

If I had a Surefire U2, I would probably vote for that too. :)