What's your favorite thing about incandescent lights?

rje58

Enlightened
Is this what is known as a "back-handed compliment" ?

I like the way that incandescent light...

I love the color rendition...

I like the ease with which you can focus incandescent light sources...

It makes the boy in us all giggle. LEDs just don't do that.

All that being said with manufacturers now beginning to dip their feet into the neutral and warm LED waters, I'm probably done with incandescent lights.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Is this what is known as a "back-handed compliment" ?

Nope, not at all.

Tribute to the past, and acknowledgment that I have all I need and will be moving towards warm LEDs in the future.

As I said, I don't see them making any new breakthrough in incandescent lighting that will cause me to need purchase another new one. Warm leds, however, are an area in constant development at the moment.

Rexlion

Enlightened
The thing I like best about incans is, there's no law that mandates my using them. :devil:

Conte

Enlightened
I think back to one of my first impression of LED light.
I had one of those new fangled 3W luxeon dealies, shortly after they came out.

Being a tech geek, and flashaholic, I jumped on it cause it was suppose to be the next big thing. And I was right impressed till I noticed something . . .

I could shine this new bright flashlight at a box across the room and have trouble reading the label on it.
But then I could bust out a plain old 2D krypton burning all of 1 candlepower ofF a pair of half dead alk primaries and be able to read that same box perfectly. That kind of put a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't invested much into them since.

Really, this is just a +1 to the quality of light described many times already in this thread. They are essentially a miniature fire, in turn emitting every possible frequency of visible light, so our eyes are naturally alot more sensitive to them.

Last edited: