When did you order your HDS?

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I like the idea of receiving an order number. It wouldn't have to change when batch custom orders are processed but it would give a better indication of when to expect our lights when people report receiving their lights with order number, date and specifics about their light. It isn't perfect but since their aren't emails notifying us when our orders are shipped with tracking numbers, this would be a relatively simple thing to add, allowing us to have more information when to expect our orders. Being in the dark isn't a good thing for flashaholics. :)

Imon

Enlightened
Like AnAppleSnail said, if Henry doesn't have the parts ready, he can't finish your light.
I ordered my light early Jan. 2012 and there were people who received their light before I did who ordered later than I did. Try not to fret too much about the wait, the wait is probably longer than you think it will be.

burntoshine

Enlightened
I was using order dates to judge my place in line. And it was quite aggravating to see people who ordered 15+ days after me getting their lights.

Perhaps Henry doesn't keep much of the uncommon parts in stock, but in my mind it shouldn't matter what you order. It seems to me that there was a lot of time to get all the parts together. I do understand that some people cancel their orders, but that shouldn't make a huge difference. If you keep an eye on inventory of parts, you should always have what you need.

Of course, I don't have any knowledge in how HDS does its business. Just thinking here.

Edi

Newly Enlightened
Like AnAppleSnail said, if Henry doesn't have the parts ready, he can't finish your light.
I ordered my light early Jan. 2012 and there were people who received their light before I did who ordered later than I did. Try not to fret too much about the wait, the wait is probably longer than you think it will be.

His problem was with the flashlight bodies.... Which are all the same. Not having the other parts in stock when they're available is another issue

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then don't order one until the delivery times are shorter. :shrug:

Thats easy to say! Whats that cliche, "easier said than done"... From what I have read about this for nearly a year, delivery times have been supposed to get shorter all along. Its been moved back repeatedly.

I think the point that Malfozzy was trying to make is that businesses arent supposed to do this. Regardless of the final quality of the product, part of running a good business is not allowing this kind of thing to happen. If it was 6-8 months ago, I'd probably still be excusing it as unavoidable or whatever, but now its been well over a year, and people have been waiting(with amazing patience BTW) for a long time without really ever getting a consistent or accurate time frame for the end. Go back 6-8-10-14 pages here, read whats been going on, and you'll see.

My strategy has always been exactly what you stated to Malfozzy, to wait til delivery times are shorter, but your guess is as good as mine as to when that will be.....

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats easy to say! Whats that cliche, "easier said than done"... From what I have read about this for nearly a year, delivery times have been supposed to get shorter all along. Its been moved back repeatedly.

I think the point that Malfozzy was trying to make is that businesses arent supposed to do this. Regardless of the final quality of the product, part of running a good business is not allowing this kind of thing to happen. If it was 6-8 months ago, I'd probably still be excusing it as unavoidable or whatever, but now its been well over a year, and people have been waiting(with amazing patience BTW) for a long time without really ever getting a consistent or accurate time frame for the end. Go back 6-8-10-14 pages here, read whats been going on, and you'll see.

My strategy has always been exactly what you stated to Malfozzy, to wait til delivery times are shorter, but your guess is as good as mine as to when that will be.....
For the record, I've been critical of Henry concerning this myself, so I'm not defending him when I say, "Then don't order one until the delivery times are shorter." My point is simply that people are free to vote with their wallets, as the saying goes. Someone asks, "Is it really worth it to wait that long for a light you've paid for with no regular updates from the company?" Apparently, for some, it is.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
There was a request on the HDS Systems thread (EDC #16) to start one for posting when you ordered your HDS light, and when you receive(d) it.
I didn't see a new thread, so I'm starting it here.

Just wanted to point out the purpose of this thread, appears to be a thread for those​ who have ordered their HDS lights, and when they were received. I quoted the first post in this thread by the OP.

Bill

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Just wanted to point out the purpose of this thread, appears to be a thread for those​ who have ordered their HDS lights, and when they were received. I quoted the first post in this thread by the OP.

Bill

Thank you, Bill.

Just wanted to point out that this doesn't mean there shouldn't be any discourse on the ordering of HDS lights, or that we don't want to hear how the wait is going. Just, sometimes, it's necessary to bring a thread trajectory back in line a little bit, lest it get completely derailed.

Day 398. Rapidly approaching the 400 club, and still no solid word whether I'm in the current batch or the next. Now, off to bed.

Edi

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, Bill.

Just wanted to point out that this doesn't mean there shouldn't be any discourse on the ordering of HDS lights, or that we don't want to hear how the wait is going. Just, sometimes, it's necessary to bring a thread trajectory back in line a little bit, lest it get completely derailed.

Day 398. Rapidly approaching the 400 club, and still no solid word whether I'm in the current batch or the next. Now, off to bed.

im not even at 250 and I had some hope of getting it by end of feb.

Snareman

Enlightened
I've been waiting for a clip for the Rotary since January 2012. :mecry: Can I play in this thread? Henry is now saying hopefully by this summer sometime. Of course last January he said a few months too...

dillyspam

Newly Enlightened
for some reason, my previous post was not posted.

I did cancel my 200 day old order, the good news is that within MINUTES henry refunded my 200 day deposit.

I figure JUNE will be a re-order date...maybe...

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm at 195 days since my Clicky 200 order.

At that point, I thought I'd order this one, and order a high CRI rotary after a clip had been designed. I'm glad I didn't order both.

The reputation of the lights (and other light purchases) is making the wait quite tolerable.

Grizz

diesel79

Enlightened
Did production come to a halt again? I broke down and placed another order in January (2013) hoping to have it by May for a trip.

Last edited:

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, 400 days for people? Well, I had about decided to finally upgrade my Ultimate 60 and Novatac 120 until I saw this. I want to know a few things here: 1) The machine shop deal...why don't other companies have this bad of issue. Henry cannot be the lone fish here. 2) How is it people are comfortable with somebody holding their money for 400+ days with nothing in return - that's like a free loan!! Most of these lights will be out of date by the time they are received.

I like Henry's lights (having effectively 2 of the 'early' ones), but his business model is reprehensible at best. There's no way that in the entire USA there isn't a single machine shop that can do the work - especially if it's on a mass produced basis. With CNC tooling this should not be that hard. Period.

Is the supply starting to get better, or is HDS going to go the way of the Dodo? Again, HDS lights are awesome; but I don't think I'd be willing to part with the $$ with no guarantee of any timely delivery. For those that can wait, more power to you. I sincerely hope Henry gets it together.