When did you order your HDS?

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
HI CRI Clicky 120

January 3, 2012

I kind of forgot I ordered it until seeing this thread. Oh well the wait continues.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Hi CRI Rotary ordered 2/1/2012.

I'm very close to canceling my order. I would love to have one of these but it's beginning
to look like the machine shop problems aren't easily solved.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi CRI Rotary ordered 2/1/2012.

I'm very close to canceling my order. I would love to have one of these but it's beginning
to look like the machine shop problems aren't easily solved.
That's what I have been struggling with. I told myself the last time that if Henry can't deliver this time round, I am going to cancel my order. I hesitated emailing him because I am not sure what I would do, but I did emailed him anyway. Now that the bad news is out I am again unsure if I should cancel my order.

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
I have been emailing Henry for the past few weeks. I've received from him multiple times confirmation that if I order it now, I will have my light in six weeks plus some travel time since I am outside the USA. Fine, I told myself, so I put in an order for a 200 lumen HDS tactical clicky.

So I put in an order worth $240 early this morning. I'll wait my six weeks and see how we go.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand, Clicky part production is up to speed. It's the Rotary parts that are currently in limbo.

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
From what I understand, Clicky part production is up to speed. It's the Rotary parts that are currently in limbo.

That's great news! I've been drooling over an HDS for since Christmas of '11 and I finally freed up some funds just today so the first thing I ordered was one :) Here's hoping smooth sailing for everyone in this thread.. Most of the people still waiting seem to be rotary and/or Hi CRI customers.

nbp

Flashaholic
Say you cancel your order. What would you buy with the money? Something equivalent? There isn't anything like it. I'd just hold out if I were in that boat.

At least you can't spend the money on anything dumb in the meantime. ;)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say you cancel your order. What would you buy with the money? Something equivalent? There isn't anything like it. I'd just hold out if I were in that boat.

I am thinking... Another McGizmo Haiku 6V High CRI. It will be two pieces of high CRI Rotary that I may be canceling. Still not enough for a McGizmo Haiku 6V but still something. :D

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Custom HDS High CRI Clicky ordered 2/1/2012 but changed my order to Custom Rotary High CRI 27/2/2012.

I've also started thinking about canceling my order. If I had a DEFINITE ETA I wouldn't cancel even if it was still 3 months, but an e-mail reply every couple of months "stating a few weeks yet" is starting to sound rather unbelievable. I'm very disappointed to write this as I have loved all my HDS lights and currently still love my 170GDP Acme and use it daily. There are no other lights that can replace the HDS, but there are other lights that are also interesting, especially some new Surefires. I'll make up my mind about whether to cancel soon...........

Last edited:

jrk

Newly Enlightened

I just went through this process - cancelled the rotary and ordered a Peak Logan / Nichia 219 from Overready. It may not be equivalent, but it's in the ballpark. One significant difference: it shipped yesterday. If the rotary bug hits again, I'll attempt to fight it off until it's available at a dealer. . .

Last edited:

beach honda

Enlightened
I really hate hearing about people cancelling their orders. I mean, I can totally understand, but I love HDS lights so much that I am in for the long haul. Stick with it Henry, we have your back brother!

thaugen

Enlightened
I really hate hearing about people cancelling their orders. I mean, I can totally understand, but I love HDS lights so much that I am in for the long haul. Stick with it Henry, we have your back brother!

I agree...Don't give up on Henry and HDS. I trust he'll be back to full speed soon.

thaugen

Enlightened
I just went through this process - cancelled the rotary and ordered a Peak Logan / Nichia 219 from Overready. It may not be equivalent, but it's in the ballpark. One significant difference: it shipped yesterday. If the rotary bug hits again, I'll attempt to fight it off until it's available at a dealer. . .

Sorry to hear you canceled your order. The Peak Logan with Nichia 219 may be a nice light that is available for immediate shipping, but it is not in the same ballpark as the Rotary.

davyro

Enlightened
I am thinking... Another McGizmo Haiku 6V High CRI. It will be two pieces of high CRI Rotary that I may be canceling. Still not enough for a McGizmo Haiku 6V but still something. :D

I've got a Haiku 6V with a nichia 219 it's a great light but i'd still love an Hi-Cri Rotary i know you've waited a long time but i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

nbp

Flashaholic
pjandyho said:

You'll get no arguments from me on that, it's a worthy cause. :)

But for those who really need the programmability, there just aren't many options that are good direct replacements for the Clicky or Rotary.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Haiku 6V with a nichia 219 it's a great light but i'd still love an Hi-Cri Rotary i know you've waited a long time but i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Yup.. I think you are right. I will not be rash... I will not be rash... I will not be rash... I will not be rash...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get no arguments from me on that, it's a worthy cause. :)

But for those who really need the programmability, there just aren't many options that are good direct replacements for the Clicky or Rotary.
But I am arguing with myself. I love HDS and I love the rotary series. And because I have already waited so long, I thought it would be a waste to give up now.

Maxbelg

Enlightened
:sigh: I'm very sad right now as I cancelled my order on my custom High CRI Rotary. I'll probably buy one later when they're available and IN STOCK, but I really needed an accurate ETA to wait any longer.