When has having your flashlight hindered you?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
When a lovely young lady asks, "Is that a flashlight in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Then I tell her "it's a flashlight," pull it out and start showing it off. They always walk off at that point for some reason.
:crackup:

The proper answer is "Yes. :grin2:"

Um... occasionally sprawling on a couch with a Z2 in a concealment holster gets uncomfortable?

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
Now that's not right. Not at all . . . At least tell us what you carry. Sig, S&W, 1911. Be specific. :)

Kahr CW9. Thin and light so that it's concealable when necessary. Like in "gun free zones." :naughty:

I'll get a dedicated OC piece soon though (read something bigger and not a single stack). I only turned 21 a short while ago. :twothumbs

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with stainless single-stacks?

... oh, right, not stainless. Carry on.
LOL, we are so off topic. Only my slide is stainless, I wanted a light EDC piece. For a dedicated OC piece I'd definately go for high capacity. Just my tastes.

Edit to add some on-topic goodness: :twothumbs I have been wearing a Qmini 123 on a lanyard around my neck lately and last night at work it kept getting in the way (while kneeling and working near the floor). I have not decided if changing from pocket carry to neck lanyard is worth it yet. I like the quicker access (and showing off my light) but it's not like I'm saving much pocket space. Hmmm.

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
while i can think of many occasions that i was hindered while NOT having a flashlight i can't think of one single time i have been hindered while having one with me.

however, i have to confess to being annoyed for having a flashlight poorly suited for the job at hand.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
I EDC a backpack. In that backpack are extra lights and batteries.

I have on a couple occasions regretted not thinning that down for a DAY hike. (weight)

There was a time on a lonely mountain road when some idiots in a car were swerving toward the side (that I was walking on). Hit them with my 6P/M60.

That solved THAT problem instantly, but then a new problem arose - they turned around and drove by me again, rather slowly. I think they wanted the light. I made myself invisible.

SOMEwhat regretted my choice of light that night (although for the road itself it was a good choice). But I was wishing I'd have used something a little less "Hey look at this awesome light I've got!"...

jerrysimons

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Quark 123x2 in my left pocket, clipped all the way to the left (not the deep carry clip since the standard clip allows me to easily grab the the tail of the light and pull it out without reaching in my pocket). This actually is a unhindering way to carry it because I can pocket other stuff as well, BUT it is incredibly annoying that the knurling wears holes in my jeans!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well very restrictive gun laws were popular when they passed, and are still popular today. Guns (or rather the people carrying them) make me very uncomfortable, so I'm quite happy they are rarely seen in Australia.

They were a "knee jerk reaction" by Federal Government to the "vocal public lobbyists" following the Port Arthur shootings, it was the hampered Police response time that allowed the gunman to cause such high fatalities... one would have to ponder if he would have been as successful in a gun toting society where citizens shoot back (to defend themselves)?

Remember Guns don't kill people, people kill people and guns are merely a more efficient tool than "other" readily available everyday items...

But I digresss...

Yes lights (in my duty belt) get hooked up on occasion exiting our patrol vehicles BUT it's an inconvenience I can live with so as I can have sufficient Lumens on hand for any given situation ;)

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I went to a shooting competition and had to shoot prone. Took the G2X out.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting revival. Since my last post I went from EDCing single AA lights to single CR123 lights and stopped getting stabbed in the side. I also stopped hooking my phone to my belt and started wearing cargos, so my weekend EDC and phone are now in a pocket. I do sometimes carry a larger light (predator for example) and that can bang on my knee while walking or be very uncomfortable while I drive and want to rest my knee on the door. That's just a very occasional thing, so I can live with it.

Yes i get peculiar looks when i go swimming in my speedo's & i've got 2D maglite down there:eek:

Paint it skin color, you'll get a different look from people.

Divine_Madcat

Newly Enlightened
Hindered? Not yet, though my friends/coworkers thought i was nuts when i started carrying my Tk15 at work (i am a computer programmer in a server room cube farm.. yeah..). I love having it though..