Will Fenix become the world's largest and best known Flashlight company?

Onthelightside

Enlightened
Fenix lights are in frys electronics store which is about the biggest electronics store I know of :thumbsup:

Anaconda

Newly Enlightened
I'm mighty certain Fenix is the most available modern spec flashlight manufacturer in Finland. Other two easily available brands I can think of are Petzl and LedLenser, but they seem to be slowly vanishing from the shelves. Maglite is still surely the most recognized, though.

Surefire is pretty much absent in our market.

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Here in Thailand, they are already the biggest flashaholic brand, the situation used to be that your local tactical gear/outdoor sports shop/stall would carry a couple of surefire, 6Ps or G2s as their 'best' thing around, before that of course there was Mag, and for a couple of years, Innova.

At first when the Fenix light starts to arrive, among the sea of crappy Chinese 'Police' lights, Fenix stood out with their box, but that's about it, the quality was nowhere near Surefire's, my impression then of Fenix was a Surefire knockoff/wannabe, the price/power was good but the quality left something to be desired. Now there's Fenix everywhere and nowhere could Surefire be found anymore.

Out here, without the dealer network or authorised reseller, all Surefire lights are essentially 'grey' market import, once you bought it, you're on your own. The Surefire warranty is useless here, unless you know anyone that has a US address that'll ship over parts for you, so the Surefire 'tax' is for naught, you'll only be paying for the build quality but not the legendary warranty... Fenix on the other hand, has managed to step in nicely, being in the same parts of the world and all,managed to have pretty hassle free warranty with superb dealer support and even a few limited edition for Thailand to sweeten the deal, they have become the 'premium' light to get at the moment, and there are now starting to have a 'grey' market and unbranded knockoff of Fenix lights which only goes to show how popular they have become.

If Fenix manage to get some decent support to dealers in the US and Europe, they'll become the world's largest 'premium' flashlight manufacturer for sure

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Also, Fenix must be the first inherently 'Chinese' brand/things that people really want instead of something people wanted that happens to be made in China a la iPhone....

Kokopelli

Enlightened
They will, because they most of the time make lights those really are useful and effective. Even my E10 surprises me with its quality and usability, everywhere.

funder

Newly Enlightened
The largest flashlight company in China is tigerhead, it is established in 1921, now can produce 180,000,000 flashlights each year.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way.
They are way too expensive.
The flashlight market is ruled by $3 flashlights.
Even the cheapest Fenix is way too expensive for most people to even consider.
If you tell a non-flashaholic that you spent $15 on a flashlight, they think you are nuts.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Fenix is sold in bestbuy.ca. That's a mistake because think of the sap that buys the TK35 only to find no immediately available battery (18650)... What?! 4 x CR123A at $50 retail?!

my#1hobby

Enlightened
All of our Fire/Police uniform shops down here in San Diego are now stocking Fenix lights. I was surprised to see them on my last visit to see what was new.

strinq

Enlightened
There is a possibility of course.
Their market range has expanded pretty crazily these past few years judging by the posts here.
They seem to be readily available in most parts of Europe and Asia and am pretty sure in the US too.

g.p.

Enlightened
They need higher highs and lower lows to get more of my money.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please elaborate...

yeah the word is spreading about fenix. I gifted an EX11 to a fine carpenter, and he uses it all the time
even in daylight to look under eaves, and everyone who sees it grabs it, feels the heft and quality, and
says damn were can I get one ? so, perhaps word will keep spreading

will they become the worlds largest and best known ? probably not...but will they become huge, probably yes