Xeray 250 Watt HID Flashlight Project Discussions

mrwhite1

Newly Enlightened
Dan, I had contacted you a couple weeks ago about one of your 75W lights or LE use, specifically crime scene but in leu of this thread I may hold off if you think the project will be produced and sold before end of year?

That's an unbelievable amount of lumen! I applaud you for pushing the lighting envelope and wanting to make it in a portable / hand held version. Granted something like that is a very niche market, but for those of us in the niche, I can't wait! I'd be willing to send you some $ to put me on the list.
Matt

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, I had contacted you a couple weeks ago about one of your 75W lights or LE use, specifically crime scene but in leu of this thread I may hold off if you think the project will be produced and sold before end of year?

That's an unbelievable amount of lumen! I applaud you for pushing the lighting envelope and wanting to make it in a portable / hand held version. Granted something like that is a very niche market, but for those of us in the niche, I can't wait! I'd be willing to send you some $ to put me on the list.
Matt

This is WAY "over the top" for any crime scene needs. This would have search and rescue applications but not for close in work.

mrwhite1

Newly Enlightened
lol, perhaps I should clarify. I'm not suggesting using the device for looking around inside a house for evidence and accidentially catching the drapes on fire with the beam of light.

There are a lot of rural areas here in Ohio, and a lot of flat ground. So when arriving at a scene this light it would be great for scanning anything in the nearby area to ensure the area is safe / secure or while searching for missing victims and suspects. There are definitely open fields around here that would give the light all the distance it wants!

Additionally various outside crime scenes / drive by shootings are often spread over large areas. This makes finding evidence that had been thrown / ejected from vehicles sometimes challenging. I cant think of too many situations when a first responder is in the dark, in an unknown area, and being in a possible life threatening situation would be thinking... man this flashlight is too bright! The quicker a crime scene responder can access the situation, the sooner they can start putting together the 'big picture' of an area and what happened.

Realize I'm talking about rural areas here, not city use. This light would be utilized as indented, to light up and search the largest amount of unknown area possible thereby increasing situational awareness when going into a potientially dangerious situation.

Of course if those reasons aren't good enough, how about I'm obsessed with having the biggest and best equipment, and your light will be hands down the undisputed king of illumination! I will have to have one for my collection!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is excellent news. I know there's a sizeable investment in the reflector design so this is a big step. I'm intensely eager to get some more clues as this project advances.

BadHobbit

Newly Enlightened
WhooWheee ... sounds perfect for marine applications. I have a 30 foot diesel powered fishing boat with a 24 volt electrical system. Up til now, I've held a Polarion or BarnBurner out the helm window when entering narrow harbors. But this sounds like a perfect set up for roof mounting. Will be keeping an eye out for developments ...

Falco

Newly Enlightened
It's not my intention to necropost, but has their been any developments on this project? Sounds like an awesome light!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I've never heard of necroposting, but I bet the reflector electroforming is done, and they are still jiggling the ballast details.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We cant get anymore "traction" in this project because someone keeps moving our office furniture. I hope everyone "gets" this joke.:crackup:

I firmly believe a good joke should never be explained, but perhaps that obviates an inverse relationship with humor when explaining it is necessary.

I figure this could either be a result of all your employees being blinded by the uber-bright light, and bumping into furniture, thereby never being able to see where things used to be, or what I would put in the category of good news--namely you are growing beyond your existing space and need to move.

So you'll have to decide if you want to err on the side of explaining your joke which nullifies it's authentic humor, in favor of announcing more good news in this otherwise depressing economy to which I raise a glass, toasting to your hard-earned success.

Summer Heat

Newly Enlightened
Why was the Xeray discontinued? Is this new project light going to be the new Xeray replacement? I thought the BarnBurner didn't get into production because of brightness issues with the public and now this monster light has come about.

Last edited: