Xeray 250 Watt HID Flashlight Project Discussions

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I don't get the feeling this one will be held in one hand as you dog walk in the late evening!

Plus, when the Barnburner came out it was cutting edge with nothing else close to it in brightness hence the caution for legal issues from careless users.

Usually as the price goes up, the careless users go down! :p

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you possibly estimate....ROUGHLY...release time for this flashlight XeRay?

Sorry, I was out of country for almost 3 weeks. Business and Vacation both.

Realistically 1st 1/2 of 2011

Additionally, Our new dive light will release (production) by the end of this year. We have looked at every dive light on the market and believe we offer a superior unit to many we have looked at from around the world.

Will offer both tank mounted battery versions as well as integrated battery. Dual power output.

tdurand

Enlightened

Additionally, Our new dive light will release (production) by the end of this year. We have looked at every dive light on the market and believe we offer a superior unit to many we have looked at from around the world.

Will offer both tank mounted battery versions as well as integrated battery. Dual power output.

Oh snap! I can't wait!

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
Interesting news.
As for the portable 250W unit-
What about weight including battery, runtime and apprx. price?
Do you have this information available ATM XeRay?

Watts Up!

Newly Enlightened
What will this light look like and what kind of body will use? I need one of these.:devil::party:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting news.
As for the portable 250W unit-
What about weight including battery, runtime and apprx. price?
Do you have this information available ATM XeRay?

Nothing to show or tell at this time. Got to wait for "prime time" (unveiling).

Patriot

Flashaholic
Dan, is it Prime Time yet?

Sounds like a Brian Reagan (comedian) punchline, especially given that it's been another 7 months.

I was just thinking that if this product ever goes into production, I kind of hope that it's a 6" reflector rather than an 8". I just can't imagine using an 8" reflector light for any extravehicular activity. I know that some used BB's and XE50's for some spelunking work, which is a data point that I really respected about those models. Also, I hope it's has at least a minimal water resistance rating and can handle a dunk or a splash.

BVH

Flashaholic
A lot can be done with a 6" reflector. My 360 Watt Locator uses a 5" and throws very well. A 6" would be like having your cake and eating it, too. I'm making as assumption that this light will somehow be aircraft related, or at least the technology will have been born out of the aviation industry. Therefore, it should meet your desires for water resistance. Putting my 8-Ball predictor away now.

BVH

Flashaholic
Some type of prototype was in existence quite some time ago as referred to in my 1st post Quote of a post by Dan describing some long range performance. I would guess that if it's financially feasible, it will become a reality.

EMC2

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I am working on just about the same thing but could go up to 300w. I need a little help with selecting a few items so if you are interested please help me out with the "first maglite suggestions wanted" in the incandescent forum. I have speced many parts but need suggestions for the socket and reflector. Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum the first time but I am ready to roll and want to build asap. I can also machine or build any part required but really wanted to support those who have already made these products or have contributed to this forum. No need to reinvent the wheel unless needed and no reason to wait either.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
'll answer it because I bet no one else will....

Ever had a passion of interest... a hobby or great adventure... but never enough inspiration and motivation to actually do it?

These projects take lots of time and energy dealing with the public "even though its fun", and in the process is not cost effective compared to spending that same energy doing business with high paying customers......

A curse of being talented at something....... you name it.. motorcycles, guns, airplanes, boats, archery, diving.. . once you become big-time with the eagles, its hard to muck around with the mud ducks and justify it!

Sometimes these threads are nothing more than "feelers" to see what interest they may gender and whether there is enough to make it worth while to engineer a whole new project.

Last edited:

Latest posts