Xeray 250 Watt HID Flashlight Project Discussions

Patriot

Flashaholic
The thread seems to original say 250W, but its an old thread so. Is it going to be up to 70W or something only?

I think there are two separate products, the original 250W light and something smaller and dive rated that's in the 50-70W range.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Sorry, I was out of country for almost 3 weeks. Business and Vacation both.

Realistically 1st 1/2 of 2011

Additionally, Our new dive light will release (production) by the end of this year. (2011) We have looked at every dive light on the market and believe we offer a superior unit to many we have looked at from around the world.

Well, we will have a unit to outperform the Polarion, the wattage will be dual 50/70 watts, waterproof to a reasonable dive depth, electroformed reflector.
Also a 35/50 watt model, for longer runtimes from each battery.

Easy battery change over. All hard anodized aluminum housings. You should get the details from me here on CPF, by the end of March the latest. (Dec.2012) We will make a big splash when we unveil. I would announce and unveil in late Jan or early February, but I will be on an almost 4 weeks vacation / business trip. Late Jan. to late Feb. Once I am back and caught my breath, we will unveil it here 1st.

Slightly behind the curve, other distractions. The project is on schedule, I am not. Should have some photos up by the end of this month. (April 2013)

Seriously Dan?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?361206-New-Lemax-LX70-Killer-Polarion-PH50
We are working with The company that makes the big helicopter search lights on that project. I am not authorized to repeat their name.

*** NIGHTSUN ***

When I saw the Lemax product in the other thread, I figured this is what the Xe50-70 was all about. I just couldn't believe that you let Lemax beat you to the announcement after all the delays and build up! :huh::confused::ohgeez:

It would have been so much more fun had we found out through you a week ago, had a album full of product pictures and specs with XeVision's name on it, including beamshots by BVH, and with a group buy price ready to go. We love ya buddy but you really need to hire someone to manage your marketing side.
:sssh:

Anyhow, it will be fun to see this unfold. A reflector that size at 70W should be incredible. My biggest complaint with higher wattage lights is they're either short run-time due to thermal or battery capacity, they're usually plastic, they're usually not water proof, never mind dive rated, and they usually use the lowest quality components available. The Xe50-70 solves all of those issues. All we need now is the price. :)

BVH

Flashaholic
Well, you've got my attention with the 250 Watt 24V unit in partnership with Spectrolab - if that's the unnamed entity. Will it be an airframe/landing gear mounted taxi and/or approach unit or some other "modifiable to quasi-handheld" format? 24V is not a problem for me.

I know I mentioned this a long time ago but it's fun to remember. Just out of high school, without ever having any love of flashlights/searchlights, I had a job interview at Spectrolab in Sun Valley (or maybe it's Sunland) just a few miles from where I lived. I decided to go back to school/college instead of go to work.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it be an airframe/landing gear mounted taxi and/or approach unit or some other "modifiable to quasi-handheld" format? 24V is not a problem for me.

It is being developed as a landing light for very large aircraft. Modification should be possible, as you asked. There will be a few configurations to cover a number of different aircraft applications.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well, you've got my attention with the 250 Watt 24V unit in partnership with Spectrolab - if that's the unnamed entity. Will it be an airframe/landing gear mounted taxi and/or approach unit or some other "modifiable to quasi-handheld" format? 24V is not a problem for me.

I know I mentioned this a long time ago but it's fun to remember. Just out of high school, without ever having any love of flashlights/searchlights, I had a job interview at Spectrolab in Sun Valley (or maybe it's Sunland) just a few miles from where I lived. I decided to go back to school/college instead of go to work.

I yeah, Nightsun is a model, not the maker....lol. Hand face!

The 250W unit is just your kind of light Bob. I would love to see you with a Xevision light of this scale!

BVH

Flashaholic
Yes, exciting stuff Patriot. But I am still very excited about seeing what my M134 gun light does at 600 Watts - when I finally get my lamp! It's been a while but I think I remember it being a 6 degree beam, so kind of floody but still, at 600 watts, should be something to see.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I am still very excited about seeing what my M134 gun light does at 600 Watts - when I finally get my lamp! It's been a while but I think I remember it being a 6 degree beam, so kind of floody but still, at 600 watts, should be something to see.

Gosh Bob!! That's going to be incredible. I didn't even know that you were working on a project like this. I guess you had to pull out all the stops to beat the Surefire Annihilator.;)

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
Bringing this old VERY interesting thread back from the depths..Started back in 2010 by BVH. Any development to announce, XeRay?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bringing this old VERY interesting thread back from the depths..Started back in 2010 by BVH. Any development to announce, XeRay?

We only went "so far" (proof of concept) with that 250 watt project. We had a prospective customer (paying development costs) for it at that time, but the need dried up when it did not have a fast warm-up capability which was only communicated to us late in the project development. The higher wattage "metal halide" bulbs that are suitable, do not have a fast warm-up capability, but they are very bright.

Latest posts