You gotta see these Surefires

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty cool. I thought Surefire had given up on making flashlights that are not completely dull and boring. You don't see many special edition or unusual lights out of them these days.

I was wondering if the special PK lights were still made but perhaps have gone lower profile. Over on the digital camera forums the U.S. Federal Trade Commission came down hard on the freebies and special editions that were given to mods, reviewers and fanboys.

Unfortunately the dumb pocketclip they designed for the LX2 is going to scratch that finish on the tailcap.

You can bend the clip away from the tailcap but it is very easy to break the clip. Fortunately, it is also easy to get a replacement from SF.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Ooops, I'm sorry, I did not see the existing thread on these. I was poking around online doing the normal "SF-a-holic" type searches, and stumbled upon them.

I do like the silver one with pink fishnets on, and am super tempted to buy the brown E1B sight unseen... I already have an LX2 and silver and black E1Bs, but there is always room for one (or seven) more Surefires, isn't there? :)

redryder

Enlightened
Durability?

Are these finishes less durable than normal Surefire anodizing? Thanks

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Re: Fishy Surefires?

The LX2 on the right does look almost red/burgundy in color. But I think that's the 'matte brown' finished light. :sssh:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where can you see pics of the E1B's???
At least blue and olive E1Bs:
e1bcolor.jpg

AO JAR

Newly Enlightened
A bit too much for me... I could, however, change my mind if someone actually attached a couple of hooks and a line to one of these and landed a big one... :devil:

Lmao... Can't figure which is funnier, your post or you sig line. Either way, red hackle thanks for the laugh. :)

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Norm said:
Take a close look at the two pictures, both are identical except for the colour, good pick Al.
Norm

They are identical in that they are both E1Bs, but they're not the same photo. The tailcaps are in different positions and the head on the top light is not screwed on as tightly as the bottom light.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a close look at the two pictures, both are identical except for the colour, good pick Al.
Norm

Actually, if you look real close at the blue one, the head isn't screwed on all the way and you can see the natural aluminum of the light at the neck of the threads...where as on the green one, you can just see some of the O-ring...different serial no.'s as well.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

The LX2 on the right does look almost red/burgundy in color. But I think that's the 'matte brown' finished light. :sssh:

Thanks, I was trying to figure that out myself. I can't decide if I like the green or BRown better. BUt "matte", those e1b's look kind of shiny. Are these coming this way from surefire, or being refinished by someone? That's awesome if these are factory finishes, because I know s.f can match ano color across an entire light when they want to. With my luck, I'd get a green tailcap, maroon head, & a trout body.

geckoblink

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, I was trying to figure that out myself. I can't decide if I like the green or BRown better. BUt "matte", those e1b's look kind of shiny. Are these coming this way from surefire, or being refinished by someone? That's awesome if these are factory finishes, because I know s.f can match ano color across an entire light when they want to. With my luck, I'd get a green tailcap, maroon head, & a trout body.
These are definitely custom jobs, not coming directly from Surefire.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Actually, if you look real close at the blue one, the head isn't screwed on all the way and you can see the natural aluminum of the light at the neck of the threads...where as on the green one, you can just see some of the O-ring...different serial no.'s as well.
I've just enlarged both pics and can now see the differences. :oops:

Norm