ZebraLight H502 XM-L

1mT

Newly Enlightened
Re: H502d troubleshooting

ZebraLight requests to return this light to repair.
I am very disappointed in the quality of zebra-lamps.
They sent initially defective light, apparently they have not quality control.
:shakehead

bbb74

Enlightened

1mT - what type of battery are you using in your 502d? I figure your light is probably defective but just wanted to make sure it wasn't the battery.

The first video seems to show that the light flickers whenever you put your hand near it, is that right??!

1mT

Newly Enlightened

bbb74,
I use my H502d with a NEW lithium energizer battery.
Torch blinks when I bring finger to the button, even if I have not touched the torch (first video).
Sometimes the torch is flickering (in all modes).
Torch can all go out and then light up again (second video).

Last edited:

bbb74

Enlightened

bbb74,
I use my H502d with a NEW lithium energizer battery.
Torch blinks when I bring finger to the button, even if I have not touched the torch (first video).
Sometimes the torch is flickering (in all modes).
Torch can all go out and then light up again (second video).

Ok that's what I thought with the flickering. Def the torch then :(

marcis

Newly Enlightened

H502W, now says not for sale on zebra page, Just like the SC52W. is it a gltich, or maybe pre-orders are filled ?

Yorgi

Newly Enlightened

H502W, now says not for sale on zebra page, Just like the SC52W. is it a gltich, or maybe pre-orders are filled ?
Hopefully it's nothing serious, I pre-ordered both of these last night before the status changed.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

These lights are already discontinued? LOL. Who knows what's going at Zebralight these days!

Perhaps negotiations with Chinese sweatshops to make these lights have broken down?

markr6

Flashaholic

They're getting ready to bail and just made off with our money! Just kidding...I hope!

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

They're getting ready to bail and just made off with our money! Just kidding...I hope!

heh, no doubt a few here would like to think that. I'd like to think that they are all going through final beta testing and the process is delayed. Who knows. I do wish more companies would test their devices in the field over a long period rather than rush it to the market, and I don't just mean for lights

ibu

Newly Enlightened
H502w is up for pre-order.
Today Zebralight told me, that my pre ordered H502W has been shipped to Germany.

It's my first time ordering a product directly from China and I'm curious how many weeks it will need.

Anyone, who has experience with an order from Europe?

smokey616

Newly Enlightened
Today Zebralight told me, that my pre ordered H502W has been shipped to Germany.

It's my first time ordering a product directly from China and I'm curious how many weeks it will need.

Anyone, who has experience with an order from Europe?

Should take about three weeks, maximum four. Got a shipping notification as well just now.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should take about three weeks, maximum four. Got a shipping notification as well just now.

Wow, that's ahead of the estimated shipping time. I noticed that it's back up for pre-order again. Can't wait to hear the reports ...

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
My h502w arrived yesterday. I'm not impressed. I allready have a h502c. There is no visible difference from 145 lumens and 260 lumens even thought the h502w is rated over 100 lumens brighter. I was shocked! Someone who has the standard h502 and h502w needs to do a comparison because i think they may be the same light.:thinking:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My h502w arrived yesterday. I'm not impressed. I allready have a h502c. There is no visible difference from 145 lumens and 260 lumens even thought the h502w is rated over 100 lumens brighter. I was shocked! Someone who has the standard h502 and h502w needs to do a comparison because i think they may be the same light.:thinking:

What battery are you using?
It can make a big difference

bbb74

Enlightened
What battery are you using?
It can make a big difference

This.

And if you want to make sure, just look at the LED in each. The h502w should have a big yellow LED taking up most of the space at the bottom of the reflector. The h502c will have a smaller LED, mounted on a rectangular board.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone who has the standard h502 and h502w needs to do a comparison because i think they may be the same light.:thinking:

Huh? The H502 was shown to be much brighter than the 502c.

Anyway, battery choice is very important in these lights. Best test is to get a L91 lithium. If you can't get all modes out of that on a fresh one, then you have a problem. If it's fine, get some eneloops ..

melty

Newly Enlightened
I just received a shipping notice for my h502w. I ordered it hours after it went up for presale. Hopefully it will get here by Saturday.

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
I first tried fresh eneloops in my h502w to compare to the h502c. Then i tried lithium ultimates to see if that would help. To the eye, i could not tell any difference. The h502c would light up anything "up close or distance" as good as the h502w with either battery, just a different color tint. There is a You Tube video that compares the h502 models, and this light appears just like the cool white version they have been selling for a while. I'm just not impressed "AT ALL" with the over 100 lumen increase claimed over the h502c. And yes the h502w's emitter is clearly larger than the h502c's. I'm ready to read other member opinions on this light to see if it's just me. :popcorn:

Last edited: