Zebralight H51

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight H51 details/preorder!!!

As much as I like my H31 I'm not sure I'll get a H51, but will decide between or perhaps both the H31F and H51F as I do prefer all flood. Getting a regular H51 after having a H31 would be redundant other than battery type as they are basically the same output/runtime. I do like the specs of the low level of the H51 of .2lumen/2.5 lumen which I have been asking for someone to make a dedicated like sort of like that with maybe a lower level still of .02 lumens

PayBack

Enlightened

I think it's a shame they've removed the GITD switch boot option, as it makes more sence to have a GITD swictch than a ring the oposite end.

And no pocket clip? Are they drunk?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

And no pocket clip? Are they drunk?

I'm wondering about that too. Now it can only be used with the headband or holster carry :shrug: And according to them, clip for H501 does not fit H51. Unless I can find a makeshift clip. I guess I'll stick to H31 for now.

Shorty66

Enlightened

I am still hoping, that the website gets updated for an updated pocketclip without silicon...

mrshish

Newly Enlightened

I'm going to have to agree with you guys. The lack of a pocket clip is a deal breaker for me. I plan to carry it in my pocket and the clip is one of the main things that make it work. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a clip but it's required for me to puchase the light.

It's a real shame too since I've been waiting a long time for this light.

Shorty66

Enlightened

You could always use a fenix E01 pocketclip which should fit the h51 just as well as it fits the h501.

I dont like having to buy third party accessorys for a light at this price though...

hazna

Enlightened

Anyone figured out if its possible to get 200 lumens out of a eneloop battery? I have not yet seen another flashlight offer this amount of light from an eneloop. I'm assuming it must be some sort of typo?

It shouldn't be 200 from a 14500 battery, as it claims 14500 are not supported with this light?

*confused*

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Throw in a neutral XP-G in there and this looks to be exactly what I have been waiting for from ZL...

red02

Enlightened

Anyone figured out if its possible to get 200 lumens out of a eneloop battery? I have not yet seen another flashlight offer this amount of light from an eneloop. I'm assuming it must be some sort of typo?

It shouldn't be 200 from a 14500 battery, as it claims 14500 are not supported with this light?

*confused*

We'll see when the light gets released. ZL is pretty consistently accurate with their OTF lm so it definitely worth a look.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm going to have to agree with you guys. The lack of a pocket clip is a deal breaker for me. I plan to carry it in my pocket and the clip is one of the main things that make it work. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a clip but it's required for me to puchase the light.

It's a real shame too since I've been waiting a long time for this light.

If you have not already why not just get a SC50+ and use 14500 if you want all the output. True it's not XP-G but the beam profile is very XPG'ish (wide hotspot, lots of flood).

Also I have clips from the H501 I have never used, if one of these that I have will fit the H51 and if you order a H51 I would be glad to send you one of mine for free just let me know.

Last edited:

PayBack

Enlightened

If you have not already why not just get a SC50+ and use 14500 if you want all the output. True it's not XP-G but the beam profile is very XPG'ish (wide hotspot, lots of flood).

Also I have clips from the H501 I have never used, if one of these that I have will fit the H51 and if you order a H51 I would be glad to send you one of mine for free just let me know.

That wouldn't work for me as the light would then be pointing at my knees, rather than ahead.

jellydonut

Enlightened

I wonder why they would choose to remove the clip from the package. It is what makes the headlamp so much more versatile.
I agree. I ordered some H31s and the included clip for clipping to a jacket or backpack shoulder strap was a big draw. They really should include that here as well.

lhloy

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone know if this H51 will be availlable with the 'warm' LED like the SC models?

Shorty66

Enlightened

In the past, Zebralights website often changed before the release of a new light. I think we have to wait patiently until the light is avaiable to know whats in the package.

I am pretty sure Zebralight just forgot to add a pocketclip in the descirption.

Perhaps the reason for that is, that they are currently working on a new pocketclip and the didnt wnat to add the old pocketclip to the package.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zebralight didn't forget, I have verified with their rep via email. :sigh:
But I sure hope they would change their mind.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast

Super mini review!

Guys, just got the H51... it is amazing. I am incredibly impressed by the quality and workmanship.

But that was a given... I am also blown away by the OUTPUT! It is a powerhouse!

On an Eneloop AA it is just as bright (by my perception) as my Quark MiNi CR2 (granted, the CR2's batts are not fresh, but they have not been used more than a few minutes).

I have never seen a AA light blast like this and it is frankly astounding!

I have to say that the beam is very nice, though it is very much a FLASHLIGHT beam rather than the Zebralight headlamps we've come to love. It has a nice, bright spot and a beautiful spill. It is a little on the cool side, but very pleasant and not green at all.

I feel like it will change caving forever--this thing is a powerhouse. Now, the only thing is that compared to the H501W that I have, it is maybe not quite as good for reading or very close tasks, but this is the trade-off for a spot rather than a full flood light.

Finally, the levels are great and the double-click to go to the sub-level is very elegant.

In sum, I am delighted and amazed by this gem and am so happy to have it. I really think that folks could go running with this light and maybe even use it as a bike light... we're talking around 180 lumens (per 4sevens on the CR2 mini) here from a AA rechargeable batt!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Sounds great and hope to see some more reviews. This is on my want list.

Burgess

Flashaholic

Good Job, Applevision !

:goodjob::thanks:

Can't wait for this in Neutral-White emitter. :whistle:
_