Zebralight H51F

Shorty66

Enlightened
Re: Comming Soon: Zebralight H51F

It came from me. I own a recent 501 with a moon mode & a strobe on the medium setting after asking about a updated UI from ZL. I have a video showing the moonmode alongside a SC30w in one of these ZL threads.

sounds really nice!
so its basically the h501R UI.... well thats what i would like for my h501 too ;)

Still waiting for the h51 to appear though.....:paypal:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Comming Soon: Zebralight H51F

sounds really nice!
so its basically the h501R UI.... well that's what I would like for my H501 too ;)

Still waiting for the h51 to appear though.....:paypal:
Now that you mentioned it & I verified it, it is identical to the H501R UI. Of course the lumen values are different due to the differences in LED light output.

Also I ordered my "Updated UI" H501 on 4/52010 after ZL told me all in stock H501 had the newer UI.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to know all their H501s have the new UI. Only if I don't already have the old H501. I was watching a movie in dark demo room at Fry's the other day. It's so dark I couldn't see the make and models of the receiver, bluray player, and speakers they were using until I pulled out the H501 from the belt and turned it on. It was then I realized the H501 is still just about the best task light and headlamp there is. If it was any other brand, I couldn't have been able to carry it on belt the way I can carry the H501 on my belt at all times. If it was a flashlight, it couldn't be used as a true headlamp and wouldn't have that wonderful 80 degree flood.

I am waiting for H51, and while I am sure it will be a great light, the H501 is truly a uniquely useful light that can not be replaced.

Last edited:

Shorty66

Enlightened
Thats really great news. If i had the money it`d buy another h501 just for the UI.
As i am waitng for the H51 that will be enough money in flashlights for the next few months.
Perhaps the h51f will be out by then :D

I just hope they will keep the two strobe modes on the H51F...

and still - a momentary mode and a diffusor for the H51 would be great :D

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for clarification sake, I do not know if the H501w is available with the latest UI. I think I will ask them! :poke:

Also for those that want a lower low, I sold my H501w for $5.00 less than I paid for it in about 2 days. Granted postage was another 3-5 bucks but for less than 10 bucks you get a new light light with a fresh warranty, how can you really lose?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so even though ZL website does not indicate it all 501's ordered from ZL have the new UI with the low-low, is this correct?

Also does anyone know if any of our favorite CPF dealers has the new 501 UI yet?

Rod911

Enlightened
I took delivery of a 501w last week. That had the old UI (ie. no moon-mode). However, I did request to have the old UI version if they already had the new UI in stock and ready to be delivered. ZebraLight didn't deny or confirm if the new UI is in existence with this light.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked them today & they already responded saying the H501w does NOT have the updated UI yet. So I am inferring by that statement that eventually it will but aren't there for whatever the reason.

My personal guess is that they probably sell cool versions about 10:1 more than warm ones so they need to sell of their existing inventory before ordering a fresh batch with an updated UI.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it you Froggytaco that said the moon mode isn't really a moon mode, just slightly lower than the regular low? If so, did you ever inquire to zebralight if you got a flawed one or if that is what they consider a moon mode? I would think ZLs advertised .5 lumen moon mode would be considered a true moon mode, but are you saying the lower low is still like 1 or 2 lumens?

Ace12

Enlightened
Here is an email i recieved today from ZL regarding the new UI on the 501.

Subject: New UI for H501

The H501s in stock are not updated ones. The new version will be shipped to Irving, TX in about one week. Once we recieve the shipment, we will update the website.

BR,
Lillian Xu

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it you Froggytaco that said the moon mode isn't really a moon mode, just slightly lower than the regular low? If so, did you ever inquire to zebralight if you got a flawed one or if that is what they consider a moon mode? I would think ZLs advertised .5 lumen moon mode would be considered a true moon mode, but are you saying the lower low is still like 1 or 2 lumens?

Yes it was me that seems to have 1 of the only "moon mode" H501's on these forums. I didn't inquire if it was a defective light because the level seems appropriate based on the all flood beam. I would guess it is about 1 lumen compared to 3 for the "normal" low. For clarity sake, I will ask ZL to make sure.

Besides I know BOL is the low lumen lover of all time! :D

Did you ever see that video I posted on of of these threads?

Travis

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I ever saw your video. I'll have to check your threads. If it is 1 lumen then their specs are off as I thought it mentions a .5 lumen moon mode, or maybe I am assuming they are using the same specs as the H31

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an email i recieved today from ZL regarding the new UI on the 501.

Subject: New UI for H501

The H501s in stock are not updated ones. The new version will be shipped to Irving, TX in about one week. Once we recieve the shipment, we will update the website.

BR,
Lillian Xu

Thanks for looking into that so the wait is on.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh yeah I forgot I did see that video. I'd have to see it in person I guess since it does appear a little brighter than a moon mode. I'm still on the fence of whether to get a H31 or wait for the H51 flood.

moses

Enlightened
What I want is a pure even flood beam like the 501 but in the XP-G efficiencies. I take it then that the H51F is not a pure flood like the 501 then? Will Zebralight be updating the 501 with a XP-G LED?

Thanks,
M

red02

Enlightened
From what I understand it will be like putting a REALLY good defuser on. It wont be completely even flood like the 501.

MountainVoyageur

Newly Enlightened
From what I understand it will be like putting a REALLY good defuser on. It wont be completely even flood like the 501.
The comment from post #18 in this thread sounds as if they at least have your concern in mind. That says:
Just got this from Zebralight: "The H51f will not use an optics but rather a ground glass instead of the UCL lens in the H51. The beam pattern is VERY smooth, far better than what we can get with optics. We tried XP-G optics but not happy with the results so far."
--MV

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The H50 is kinda the only completely even flood AA headlamp ZL makes. Even the H501 has a bit of a beam pattern, 80 vs 120 degrees of the H50 but no expert on the numbers. Do own the H50 and H501 though.