ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

uknewbie

Banned
Does anyone know details about this light?

Looks Same as H60? Or centred LED like SPARK?
Beam type? Hot spot or even flood?

Sounds promising, I dare say this will be bought over the H502...

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?

I don't use it as headlamp. I always use ZL Hxx as multifunction utility light. Believe me, it serves as a great unidirectional lantern. I hope this would be a real flood light like those make ZL famous and unique instead of those using reflector with frosted lens.

Edited later. It's H600 not H602:-(

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does 200 Lms for 6 hours or 65 Lms for 18 hours sound? (My guesses)

- Jas.

thats the reason why i need me a XM-L headlamp.

using my H501w on max gets hot, and causes my head to sweat!

driving a XM-L lower, with extended runtimes, and still providing around 100 lumens would be ideal for me.

also, having a flood beam. imagine 700 lumens of pure flood!

uknewbie

Banned
Just noticed in the initial spec it is spot plus flood.

Not for me then. H502 it is.

pblanch

Enlightened
Estimated 1920 hours at .1 lumens? NICE! Just wish they could make L1 at .02 lumens and L2 at .1 lumens. One can dream...

I have a H51 and its 0.2lm looks the same as the 0.1lm. I think its the bigger reflector.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Estimated 1920 hours at .1 lumens? NICE! Just wish they could make L1 at .02 lumens and L2 at .1 lumens. One can dream...

That would be nice. Anyone know if the QTC (Quantum Tunnelling Composite) material will work in a Zebralight for getting lower lows?

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
I have a H51 and its 0.2lm looks the same as the 0.1lm. I think its the bigger reflector.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a super-low low at .02 lumen. I have a H51Fw and the .2 lumen setting on it is still WAY too bright for going to the bathroom or checking on the dog at night.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ThruNite Neutron has 0.1 lumen and it's just about right for a midnight wakeup. Reducing that by a fifth would be too dim for my use, just my opinion.

The currently running poll is telling us that people are more concerned about a light going LOW enough, than HIGH enough! Ha!

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
My ThruNite Neutron has 0.1 lumen and it's just about right for a midnight wakeup. Reducing that by a fifth would be too dim for my use, just my opinion.

The currently running poll is telling us that people are more concerned about a light going LOW enough, than HIGH enough! Ha!

The current low on my H51Fw would be sufficient if I wasn't worried about waking my wife who is a light sleeper. It would also be nice to have a dimmer light to avoid waking the dog if I check on her in her crate.

But to keep from sidetracking this thread, the current estimated numbers are looking very impressive. It's almost comical that the Flashlight industry is able to quote very usable outputs for (what used to be) insane periods of runtime...and here I am wishing for the dimmest version of it. Guess I'll have to buy this one AND the new JetBeam RRT-0 so i can have the .003 lumen low. It's a great time to be a flashaholic... ;-)

Beaker

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp? Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that,.

You answered your own question there :)

For most caving, a light output of 100-200 lumens is actually more than enough, but if you're caving in *big* caves, or doing cave photography, a light with that much output isn't at all unreasonable.

For some droolworthy examples, check out http://mulucaves.org/ -- these guys are using Scurions, a purpose-built caving light with up to 1500 lumen output.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
For most caving, a light output of 100-200 lumens is actually more than enough, but if you're caving in *big* caves, or doing cave photography, a light with that much output isn't at all unreasonable.

For some droolworthy examples, check out http://mulucaves.org/ -- these guys are using Scurions, a purpose-built caving light with up to 1500 lumen output.

those are some amazing pics! :drool:

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?
I've done two activities that could actually use a lot more light than I had available. Mountain biking, where your max speed on the downhills is proportionally dependant on how bright your light(s) are. I was going down trails slower than I would have during the day because my PrincetonTec headlamp didn't have enough throw. The same is true with backcountry skiing, although with the nice white reflective snow I don't know if I would need the full 750 lumens, just more than I had at the time.

I've also been caving and wanted more light, but not to the extent that biking or skiing made me want more. I've never been to really big rooms. The main criteria for caving lights is rugged reliability.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Anyone have any updates on the H600??? I'm really looking forward to this one and the anticipation is killin' me...

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know if MAX high mode will have a 5 min stepdown like the Spark?

I HATE this "feature" personally... its a bummer when it steps down while descending
a gnarly trail at night or other times you really need all of the light you can get.

joanne

Newly Enlightened

Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that, but I do use headlamps a lot for camping and household uses as well, but I find the 169L H1 setting of my H51w to be plenty bright for all of my needs. What's more, the more power output of a headlamp, the worse the tunnel vision effect for me.

Just seems like overkill to me.

You are quite right that it would be overkill for most applications.

Then there are some of us who could use that much light during our less sane activities. While I haven't been in a cave for many years, I regularly explore old mines. When dropping a shaft for the first time it would be really great to have a feel for just how deep it is and its condition further down.

DelamarTP_003a.jpg

At this point I'm only about 50 feet down a 250 foot drop.

Tiffin_017a.jpg

I'm only about 1/2 down this incline. The speck of light at the top right is my exploring buddy at the top of the incline.

I certainly wouldn't want 750L all the time but it would be nice to have it available.

Joanne

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to get off topic but where do you find abandoned mines like those?

The same place where you find all the archived CPF messages from eons past.

Well...that's what I heard. :whistle:

Actually, those are some pretty cool mine shafts. Love it. I could see 750L coming in pretty handy in that environment, even if only for short bursts at a time.