ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Sno4Life

Newly Enlightened
I have to say that I'm disappointed in the lack of support for cr123 primaries. The next headlamp I buy will be used for x-country skiing down to -10°F (-23°C). Li-ion rechargeable do not perform adequately at these temps. Zebralight - any chance of a version that accepts primaries?

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I have to say that I'm disappointed in the lack of support for cr123 primaries. The next headlamp I buy will be used for x-country skiing down to -10°F (-23°C). Li-ion rechargeable do not perform adequately at these temps. Zebralight - any chance of a version that accepts primaries?

I think an AA version with Energizer L91's would accomplish the same thing ;) well except for the output that is!

I'm a cc skier too and will be testing my H51w out this winter. Doesnt get quite that cold here, single digits usually.

Last edited:

Sno4Life

Newly Enlightened
DIΩDΣ;3771988 said:
I think an AA version with Energizer L91's would accomplish the same thing ;) well except for the output that is!

I'm a cc skier too and will be testing my H51w out this winter. Doesnt get quite that cold here, single digits usually.

I used the H51 last year on Lithium primaries. Output was good except for downhills with turns, and it was quite a bit lower than needed for those portions of the trail.

Biovent

Newly Enlightened
Been looking forward to the h600. Why don't they have a YouTube video already?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light doesn't seem to have a clip. The switch looks smaller and more recessed than the one on their current headlamps, which means no more incidental activation.

spelunkik

Newly Enlightened
What is the maximum compatible cell length for the H600?? I know it says 67mm on the website, but could I get away with a 68mm cell such as the trustfire tf2400?

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the maximum compatible cell length for the H600?? I know it says 67mm on the website, but could I get away with a 68mm cell such as the trustfire tf2400?

I don't think there's going to be any way to know that for sure until people start getting the H600 in hand and testing different batteries. Then again, maybe the design of the old H60 might give some indication (if someone could comment on that)...but I don't think we can be certain about the comparison, either. If the H600 actually starts shipping on Oct. 21 as indicated on the ZebraLight site, we should know more pretty soon. You'd have to imagine that a 68mm cell should have a pretty good chance of fitting, though.

spelunkik

Newly Enlightened
I don't think there's going to be any way to know that for sure until people start getting the H600 in hand and testing different batteries. Then again, maybe the design of the old H60 might give some indication (if someone could comment on that)...but I don't think we can be certain about the comparison, either. If the H600 actually starts shipping on Oct. 21 as indicated on the ZebraLight site, we should know more pretty soon. You'd have to imagine that a 68mm cell should have a pretty good chance of fitting, though.

Seems like a logical answer to me. Guess I didn't think it through. Thanks for the help!

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
If the H600 actually starts shipping on Oct. 21 as indicated on the ZebraLight site, we should know more pretty soon. You'd have to imagine that a 68mm cell should have a pretty good chance of fitting, though.

Looks like Oct 31 on the official site. Maybe it just changed.

I've got my eye on this one too, but I'm not going to order until the reviews are out. I know they had some defects with the SC600 when they first released it, so I'd like them to get the first batch out of the way before I order. Maybe in the new year.

SlavaKey

Newly Enlightened
they had some defects with the SC600 when they first released it
:thumbsdow The main defects were an absence of pocket clip and a ring for lanyard. Not sure, if I have heard about any issues... (I missed something?!)
Looks like Oct 31 on the official site. Maybe it just changed.
Yes, they changed it this weekend. Previous expected shipping date was 21st of Oct.

Sno4Life

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsdow The main defects were an absence of pocket clip and a ring for lanyard. Not sure, if I have heard about any issues... (I missed something?!)

I believe there were a couple reports of machining errors in the battery tube. Also, shortly after release they put out a new version with a little more room in the battery compartment to accommodate more types of 18650s.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there were a couple reports of machining errors in the battery tube. Also, shortly after release they put out a new version with a little more room in the battery compartment to accommodate more types of 18650s.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "errors" in the machining, but rather the fact that most manufacturers have been fudging the size of the 18650 format... most of the newer high capacity 18650's, like those from RediLast and Callie's, are actually closer to 70 than 65 mm long, and 19 instead of 18 mm in diameter.

Sno4Life

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't necessarily call it "errors" in the machining, but rather the fact that most manufacturers have been fudging the size of the 18650 format... most of the newer high capacity 18650's, like those from RediLast and Callie's, are actually closer to 70 than 65 mm long, and 19 instead of 18 mm in diameter.

No, there were reports of rough spots in the battery tubes that when combined with the tight tolerances in the battery tube, people were needing to sand them down. That is a machining error in my book. The tight battery compartments is more of a design change. Look at the sc600 thread and you will see the reports I'm speaking of. Mind you there were only a few of these issues reported.

christian gpr

Newly Enlightened
Would be a nice gesture to inform the ones that have preordered the light that it is delayed but this information you have to find for yourself :(

levelflight

Newly Enlightened
Yes it would be nice but..........

My guess is that ZL operates personnel lean and is therefore sometimes a bit light when it comes to PR. The result is a cyclically consistent absence from the forums around the time of new product releases, periods of heavy R&D etc.

The upside is they do monitor these threads and are able to implement changes, often without further discussion. They want to build an awesome product and see that it makes sense so they just go ahead and make it happen. I'm encouraged by intelligent companies that are fast on their feet.
icon14.gif

IMHO the bottom line is the quality product they deliver, and from a UI perspective they really are head and shoulders above the competition, leaving them stumbling around in the dust as it were. All my other lights seem so plain to operate by comparison although they still have their place. I just pre-ordered the H600 because I'm willing to take a gen1 model on trust, that's how much I love my H60 (and S60s and S600). I had ordered an H60 last year that was lost in transit and I was unable to connect with Lillian to have another shipped (probably because they were out of stock). That said, George has stepped in and made sure I'll receive two H600s to complete my order history. Way cool.
kiss.gif

I look forward to an upgraded S600 with a screw on clip, like the S60 but with a hole in the lug to allow for lanyard mounting, as per my picture post on this mod. It looks like a very interesting period at ZL with all our purchases enabling them to pursue some very interesting new products, especially for me the S6330: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Fc0FfUDFVSHVNS1E&hl=en&authkey=CNqP6KIC#gid=0

Good times ahead! Keep rolling ZL
hahaha.gif

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upside is they do monitor these threads and are able to implement changes, often without further discussion.

Well, if that's the case, I sure hope they will include a SS clip... without further discussion. :)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
A stainless steel clip would add some bling to the light.

Not if it's coated black. Or better yet, anodized in the same color as their lights to get a seamless looking unit. :naughty:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not if it's coated black. Or better yet, anodized in the same color as their lights to get a seamless looking unit. :naughty:

That, would be sweet!

Apart from ZL providing them, though, aren't there places where you can have anodizing done, or metal tinting? How are the black TiNi coatings applied to aluminum and steel?