ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have and love the H51w, and now look into buying the H600(w) for more brightness and run time. Does anyone have both the H51(w) and H600(w)? I need some info on the beam profile of the H600(w). Is the H600 as floody or more floody than the H51? Is the hot spot of the XM-L emitter larger than the hot spot of the XP-G emitter? Thank you.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
...or you think there's enough meat to drill and tap some holes for a clip?

I'm pretty sure the answer to that part of your question is no. I don't think there's enough extra meat on the H600 body to do that. I could be wrong, but I don't see any place on the thin walled body where you could get away with drilling/tapping. Maybe on one of the ridges if you had the ability do so some very precise drilling...but for most folks I think attempting that would not be an easy option...and even then, it might not have enough bite to hold against clip pressure (might easily break loose).

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure the answer to that part of your question is no. I don't think there's enough extra meat on the H600 body to do that. I could be wrong, but I don't see any place on the thin walled body where you could get away with drilling/tapping. Maybe on one of the ridges if you had the ability do so some very precise drilling...but for most folks I think attempting that would not be an easy option...and even then, it might not have enough bite to hold against clip pressure (might easily break loose).

oh well i may just have to do with a quark clip, that seems to be the only one readily available...

then maybe crimp it on with something similar to those things you seal the velocity joint boots with on a front-wheel drive car ...

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh well i may just have to do with a quark clip, that seems to be the only one readily available...

then maybe crimp it on with something similar to those things you seal the velocity joint boots with on a front-wheel drive car ...

What might work for the H600 would be if a really low profile snap clamp style of clip could be devised. The right snap clamp could be drilled at fitted with a clip and the snap clamp snapped on and off the body at will. The thing would be to find a snap clamp that is truly low profile.

This is the sort that comes to mind (although admittedly probably more bulky than would be ideal):
snap_clamp_01.jpg

tony613

Newly Enlightened
I haven't gotten around to it yet but was thinking about trying a small stainless hose clamp (Google search results also brought back stainless worm gear hose clamps). Doing a very quick search just now I found a 7/32", a 5/16", and even one in black stainless steel. If one can be found that is small enough it would be very stable, could be put on either end of the body, and would be my preference over the snap on clips. For the clip portion, any number of things come to mind. Just brainstorming here but the first thought I have is an alligator clip. Even a thin metal rod like a bicycle spoke or hangar, or an old flat metal ruler, all bent creatively, might work. This idea would also be kinda' bulky too but maybe it'll lead to other ideas.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't gotten around to it yet but was thinking about trying a small stainless hose clamp (Google search results also brought back stainless worm gear hose clamps). Doing a very quick search just now I found a 7/32", a 5/16", and even one in black stainless steel. If one can be found that is small enough it would be very stable, could be put on either end of the body, and would be my preference over the snap on clips. For the clip portion, any number of things come to mind. Just brainstorming here but the first thought I have is an alligator clip. Even a thin metal rod like a bicycle spoke or hangar, or an old flat metal ruler, all bent creatively, might work. This idea would also be kinda' bulky too but maybe it'll lead to other ideas.

or a zip tie

or a narrow steel collar, tension it, then solder the ends

tony613

Newly Enlightened
Oh yea, I had forgotten to mention the zip tie. I happen to have a package of black cable ties that I tested for fit. They are .180"/4.572mm (listed on the package), just the right width to match the contours of the H600 body. These are good to test your design iterations because they won't scratch the light. I just didn't get any further with the clip. This morning I quickly looked and found an old mechanical Pentel pencil with a wide metal clip (wide for a pencil) that may work. If I get anywhere I'll post pictures but now I gotta' get to work. Need to be able to fund this hobby, you know.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overclocker -- looks like a good fit, but can you be more specific about the clip? Model number or part number or description...or link on the 4Sevens site?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overclocker -- looks like a good fit, but can you be more specific about the clip? Model number or part number or description...or link on the 4Sevens site?

varuscelli, foursevens sells only 2 quark clips. the "deep carry" and this one. the "deep carry" doesn't give much tension.

then i encased the prongs and a black zip tie within some heat shrink tubing. very neat and won't scratch the neck of the zebralight

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, I see. You didn't mention that is was a Quark clip in that last post...or that you had actually ended up using the zip tie as mentioned a couple of months back...or the heat shrink tubing. Probably best to elaborate in the post with the pics (for clarity, I mean). Without asking...or giving more info with the pics...it was hard to tell what was being shown in those two pics. Thanks for clarifying.

fxc3700

Newly Enlightened
Ya overclocker can you break that down again, how you added the clip to your zebralight?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya overclocker can you break that down again, how you added the clip to your zebralight?

at first i simply snapped the clip onto the neck of the h600. it was kinda loose so i thought a zip tie would hold it in, and it did but it kept sliding around and it seemed like the metal clip would eventually scratch up the neck of the light.

so i came up with the solution of encasing the zip tie AND the prongs of the clip within some heat shrink tubing. two birds with one stone, zip tie doesn't slide off anymore and clip won't scratch the neck :)

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illuminationgear.com says they sell their h600 with an H51 clip included.

OUR ZL H600's -
include a H51 pocket clip for additional versatility!

Does the H51 clip work well? I'm planning on picking up an H600 pretty soon and may buy from them if the pocket clip works out well.

Thursday

Newly Enlightened
Should I go with the H600-W or H600-FW....?:help: Reading about the rattle problem with FW has me worried.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I go with the H600-W or H600-FW....?:help: Reading about the rattle problem with FW has me worried.

That rattle problem with the occasional H600Fw was quite a while back. I doubt any of the ones they're selling now would still have that going on. I could be wrong, I haven't seen anyone mention it since some of those initial ones.

cgrim

Newly Enlightened
Seems my headlamp issue has degenerated into something even worse. My previous flicker problem on Turbo disappeared the day after it occurred, but now my H600w has no low mode. When I hold in the button to cycle through the modes, it goes from medium to turbo to turbo again. In addition, I when I double click it does not change brightness at each level. I swapped batteries to see if it was a battery issue but the problem remains. Immediately before this problem began yesterday, I cycled to medium (I think it was medium) and then the light dimmed and flickered with a faint static sound. Nonplussed, I decided to cycle through modes and discovered I no longer had a low setting and no subsettings on the remaining levels. There is no apparent moisture inside the light, and it has not been dropped or impacted anything.

SUGGESTIONS???

Hi spelunkik,

I have the same problem with H600 as you descibed. It has occurred after half an year of using it. How did you solved the problem? Did you ask Zebralight for replacement? Did they tell you what was the problem?

Thank you very much for your response.
cgrim

CamoNinja

Enlightened
My H600 and H31

Received these from TorchDircet over on CPFMP. Sorry for not having to best of pictures. I used the clip from H31 on H600 and used a Fenix clip on the H31. Made a holder for the H31 with a money clip.

2012-09-12_19-36-27_793.jpg

2012-09-12_19-40-32_510.jpg