Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone remember when the SC50 and SC60 came out, wasn't it about a year ago? It's amazing how far they've come in such a short time and just plan stunning where they seem to be headed, the SC600 use to be a light I could only dream about and now I'm still fascinated every time I pull it from my pocket and turn it on max.

Now I see all the new headlamps coming out soon along with the Q50, SC80 and these S6330 models, wake me up I dreaming. Oh I almost forgot about the planned "T" models that are said to made in the USA, yes obviously I'm drinking the cool aid and love the flavors.

g.p.

Enlightened
Can't wait...guess I'd better start saving! :thumbsup:

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Enlightened
2400L means each emitter is 800L. 3A gives you 937L at the emitter when cold (25 deg C at the emitter) and if you derate 15% with really good reflectors and use like UCL glass that'd be 800L OTF. But it will be impossible to hold anywhere near that figure with that small mass/size, but not sure how's the drop and it really depends on the ambient temp that you'll be operating in. Still very good for a pocket rocket!

TK70 is ANSI, believe it's measured after 3 minutes.

g.p.

Enlightened
Zebralight -

Please consider providing a holster with this one.

:thanks:

mmace1

Enlightened
Yeah that's the other extreme. Either all lined up in a plunger handle, or all bunched up in a can. Some proportion in between might be nice in the hand.

You mean like...the traditional design that's been in use for 90 years? Now that's just crazy talk

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
Subscribed. I was gonna pull the trigger on Nitecore's TM11 but I just have to wait for this first. Dimension-wise, the S6330 is smaller. I love the efficiency and resultant runtimes of my SC600. Please include this feature in the S6330. I'd love a faster strobe and beacon modes.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Subscribed. I was gonna pull the trigger on Nitecore's TM11 but I just have to wait for this first. Dimension-wise, the S6330 is smaller. I love the efficiency and resultant runtimes of my SC600. Please include this feature in the S6330. I'd love a faster strobe and beacon modes.

+1. I almost bought the TM11 during the black Friday sales, but this sounds like it's definitely worth the wait. I'm still amazed at the output of my new H600 and that's only on a single 18650.

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
A PID thermal regulation will be implemented using 288 brightness levels (all current regulated, but only a few are accessible by users).

Someone please help me on this. I don't understand what any of this means. Just make sure it doesn't do any annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 does--if using temperature as a means to step-down.

For safety, each battery is monitored and protected independently, so you can mix and match different ones (1-3, fully charged or partially charged/depleted, 2200/2600/2900 etc.).

That's amazing. Never heard of this on a light! Good-bye, cell-matching!

Scubie67

Enlightened
Unless you are ordering a SC600(w) ,I hope you have a whole lot of patience

juplin

Enlightened
Someone please help me on this. I don't understand what any of this means. Just make sure it doesn't do any annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 does--if using temperature as a means to step-down.
It will be helpful by referring to the following article:
http://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/PIDforDummies.html
In the implementation of S6330, the sensor in the first figure will be the temperature sensor, measured process variable will be the measured temperature, PID controller will be the microcontroller used for S6330 along with firmware code, set point will be the highest safe temperature for XM-L core, controller output will be the stepped down brightness level, either user-accessible or non-user-accessible brightness level in the 288 brightness levels,(if the measured temperature is higher than the highest safe temperature) or stepped up brightness level (if the measured temperature is lower than the highest safe temperature), process will be changing from current brightness level to the stepped down or up brightness level, process variable will be the added or reduced brightness level, and disturbance will be raised or lowered XM-L core temperature assosiated with the added or reduced brightness level.

Annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 will be eliminated or mimimized in the PID temperature control, since the difference of adjacent brightness levels is so small that it's hard to be perceived by eyes thanks to the subdivision of 288 brightness levels (graceful stepping down:naughty:) in addition to that Integral and Derivative terms are addded in the controller to alleviate the steady-state error.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

Last edited:

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
http://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/PIDforDummies.html
In the implementation of S6330, the sensor in the first figure will be the temperature sensor, measured process variable will be the measured temperature, PID controller will be the microcontroller used for S6330 along with firmware code, set point will be the highest safe temperature for XM-L core, controller output will be the stepped down brightness level, either user-accessible or non-user-accessible brightness level in the 288 brightness levels,(if the measured temperature is higher than the highest safe temperature) or stepped up brightness level (if the measured temperature is lower than the highest safe temperature), process will be changing from current brightness level to the stepped down or up brightness level, process variable will be the added or reduced brightness level, and disturbance will be raised or lowered XM-L core temperature assosiated with the added or reduced brightness level.

Annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 will be eliminated or mimimized in the PID temperature control, since the difference of adjacent brightness levels is so small that it's hard to be perceived by eyes thanks to the subdivision of 288 brightness levels (graceful stepping down:naughty:) in addition to that Integral and Derivative terms are addded in the controller to alleviate the steady-state error.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

It's been a while, but thanks! I understand it now, lol. Your effort was not in vain.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Bezel: 2.25 in (57mm)
Body: 1.75 in (44.4mm)

@ZebraLight; I'm really interested in the S6330 too! This seems like a great follow-on to your hugely successful S600 and a serious competitor against the Malkoff/Mag-Light craze.

Fwiw, your Bezel & Body dimensions are very close to the D-cell Mag-Lights I've used since the 80's ==> albeit, only 4 inches tall !?! <==

Please consider offering a turbo-head model or something with deeper reflectors and a little more more throw. (I'm planning to carry this in my car) A little extra height would also balance out the stumpy Mag-Light form-factor I'm visualizing and remain on par with a 4.8 inch can of soda-pop.

Hopefully Yours, and, Hopefully Soon; William

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what it's worth, I would be interested in a thrower too. I just got the TM11 and although I love the light,
I can't help but FEELING it's not as powerful as my SR91 (although I KNOW it is) because of the lack of throw.

I also wanted it for the car for emergencies and I feel that more throw could be important if you should get stuck looking
for a hurt animal or person and you have to be out in the terrain looking.

Thickness doesn't bother me and I think the TM11 is nicely balanced. I would love a simple interface, front button
and a low and a super low mode for hundreds or even thousands of hours in case of an emergency.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
I've heard a lot of people saying "it's a shame it's so far away" but no info as to where they're getting this from. Is there a rough date of when this is coming out, or any other info yet?

g.p.

Enlightened
No lights have been able to capture my interest aftering finding out about these. I hope they're going to be out this year!

Last edited: