Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
That said; I'll bet we see flashlights with heat-pipes before fans because heat-pipes work better for IPX7 (waterproof) testing too. :naughty:

Take Care, William
Omnidirectional heat pipes are good for recoil LEDs in particular. Rather than mess with reflectors allowing some light to escape un-touched, recoil LEDs sit on a thin metal strip facing into the reflector. This can give shockingly good throw, as with the DealExtreme Ultrafire 'recoil' LED light.
pBOYE.jpg

16000 lux from a Cree XR-C P4 in a 40mm bezel. The reflector cup in the host "appears" to be about 35mm diameter and 25mm depth to driver, though.
A faceted reflector could give a useful but directed wide beam around a fierce central beam. But this idea may be tied up in patents :(

funder

Newly Enlightened
"Throw" is mainly determined by size of the collimating device. Changing he format without increasing the size helps little in increasing the throw.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
"Throw" is mainly determined by size of the collimating device. Changing he format without increasing the size helps little in increasing the throw.

LOL

I guess aspherics don't work at all then. :nana:

:devil:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
These new upcoming ZL models sound like:

1) Similar to the Lupine Betty TL-S in size and output
2) Regarding battery access, Unlike the Betty where the head screws off to get to the battery, the ZL will screw off a tailcap - this will maintain a good heat-transfer path from the head to the battery tube like other ZLs.
3) Will use collimating plastic optics similar to the Betty to keep the overall length very short - much shorter than using a reflector.
4) Will use multiple LEDS mounted on a flat face heat sink - arranged in a circular pattern similar to the Betty.
5) Will have throw vs spill options by either using all XMLs (for spill) or using a mixture of XMLs and XPGs for medium throw/spill like the Betty. Models with more throw may have a bit less total lumens - like the Betty.
6) Electronic side clicky like other ZLs and the Betty.
7) Much cheaper than the Betty - $850 including charger.
8) Much lower low than the Betty (Betty on low = 250 lumens).

I'm in! This model is much more exciting to me than the 4XAA model they were planning but temporarily put on hold.

tonkem

Enlightened
Sounds like a Betty then? I have a Betty TL-S and it puts out a lot of light :) I guess we will see when/if Zebralight comes out with these lights. I am leaning toward the Q50 myself... If it comes out :)

tonkem

Enlightened
Carl, you know they are always coming up with something brighter and better. I had a polarion ph40 for a while, and thought nothing else could top that. Of course, the Betty is not the same kind of light as the Polarion was, but for my usage, much more practical(and cheaper than the polarion). I have a Wilma TL, Betty TL-S, Piko DUO X, a couple of surefire E1L's and a Sunwayman M10a, and just ordered a Zebralight SC80 from the Marketplace. I should be set, but being on this forum does not help :) I would like to get the Q50 whenever it comes out, since it uses AA batteries and I have a few AA lights, in the Sunway M30a, M40a Surefire Saint, and Surefire E2Laa. I actually prefer the AA lights over the 123 lights, for constant use, but the 123 lights are my glovebox (store for a while) lights.

You should just pick up a Betty and see how you like it.... It can do double duty as a bike light, if you need an excuse to spend the money....

If I had a Betty, there would be nothing else to top that!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Carl, you know they are always coming up with something brighter and better. I had a polarion ph40 for a while, and thought nothing else could top that. Of course, the Betty is not the same kind of light as the Polarion was, but for my usage, much more practical(and cheaper than the polarion). I have a Wilma TL, Betty TL-S, Piko DUO X, a couple of surefire E1L's and a Sunwayman M10a, and just ordered a Zebralight SC80 from the Marketplace. I should be set, but being on this forum does not help :) I would like to get the Q50 whenever it comes out, since it uses AA batteries and I have a few AA lights, in the Sunway M30a, M40a Surefire Saint, and Surefire E2Laa. I actually prefer the AA lights over the 123 lights, for constant use, but the 123 lights are my glovebox (store for a while) lights.

You should just pick up a Betty and see how you like it.... It can do double duty as a bike light, if you need an excuse to spend the money....

Think of it as why you read about guys who cheat on their super model wives, etc....when they GOT them, they were thinking "What could top THIS?!"...and then they find something new.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should just pick up a Betty....

The only way I could afford the Betty ($850) is if Greece, Italy, and Spain all default on their national loans, thereby causing them to be ejected from the EU, resulting in a significant drop in the Euro.

And since what happens in Europe won't stay in Europe, this will cause our US economy and dollar to drop. But there will be a small lag-time period between the drop in the Euro and the drop in the dollar whereby I could possibly order direct from Germany or another European dealer at, say, half-price.

But then, I would still have to convince my wife we can afford a $425 flashlight in a dropping economy, thanks to the problems in the EU, and this will still be a very hard sell since I am a family man with a kid in private school.

But we can always hope....

Now if Greece would just reject the austerity measures demanded by Germany and France and get the ball rolling on this exquisite plan.....(lol!)

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think of it as why you read about guys who cheat on their super model wives, etc....when they GOT them, they were thinking "What could top THIS?!"...and then they find something new.

Your statement is so true but I'm not going there.....(lol!)

Last edited:

duro

Enlightened
The only way I could afford the Betty ($850) is if Greece, Italy, and Spain all default on their national loans, thereby causing them to be ejected from the EU, resulting in a significant drop in the Euro.

And since what happens in Europe won't stay in Europe, this will cause our US economy and dollar to drop. But there will be a small lag-time period between the drop in the Euro and the drop in the dollar whereby I could possibly order direct from Germany or another European dealer at, say, half-price.

But then, I would still have to convince my wife we can afford a $425 flashlight in a dropping economy, thanks to the problems in the EU, and this will still be a very hard sell since I am a family man with a kid in private school.

Now if Greece would just reject the austerity measures demanded by Germany and France and get the ball rolling on this exquisite plan.....(lol!)

I take it you listen to a lot of NPR ;) Where is this zebralight?

TEEJ

Flashaholic

No, the perfect plan is for it to LOOK like that's GOING TO happen, so stocks plunge and the purchase from Germany, etc, is going to work to discount your costs.....but for everything to rally and the economies of the world live happily ever after...until you need another light...

And to explain all this to your wife, so she knows the $ will be there.

Swede74

Enlightened
I just noticed that Zebralight has moved the S6630 from "Partial List of Future Products" to "Flashlight" on their product comparison spreadsheet. I suppose that could mean it's one step closer to becoming available for purchase / pre-order.

http://www.zebralight.com/ (click on the red box on the left that says "Compare All Models")

JudasD

Enlightened
wow! good catch. lets hope it's not just a sorting typo on their end.

JD