Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear ZL: Here are my priorities for this light:
1) More throw than spill - even if this adds more length to the light.
2) Handle as small in diameter as possible - no big knobby handle pattern (like the Spark SP6) which increases total diameter - just fine knurling is good.
3) More than 3 LEDs to keep heat down but produce same amount of light.
4) Charger port like Spark SP6.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Dear ZL: Here are my priorities for this light:
1) More throw than spill - even if this adds more length to the light.
2) Handle as small in diameter as possible - no big knobby handle pattern (like the Spark SP6) which increases total diameter - just fine knurling is good.
3) More than 3 LEDs to keep heat down but produce same amount of light.
4) Charger port like Spark SP6.

Quite frankly, a charging port is a PITA to waterproof...

g.p.

Enlightened
Where are you guys living that you need flashlights to read house numbers (especially from such great distances)? :thinking: :confused:

Don't you have street lamps and porch lights? ;)

Last edited:

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Where are you guys living that you need flashlights to read house numbers (especially from such great distances)? :thinking: :confused:

Don't you have street lamps and porch lights? ;)

I was an emergency responder before GPS was practical and most of my night-runs seemed to be to places without mailboxes at the curb. The overwhelming majority of the neighborhoods I see, then and now, don't leave their porch lights on. If a street lamp helps you see a porch address, it's a rare coincidence.

Thankfully, I've got GPS today, but "reading house numbers" is still a quantifiable benchmark that anybody can use in lieu of picturing generic spots on trees, buildings, etc.

A person with 20-20 vision (possibly using corrective lenses ;-) can read 4-inch (102mm) house numbers at 102 feet in broad daylight. If you need to "throw" farther; use proportionally larger text. Seeing spots, for the sake of seeing spots, doesn't mean very much to me; at any distance.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite frankly, a charging port is a PITA to waterproof...

The Spark SP6 charger port consists of a simple knurled cap with an o-ring on the mating threaded male post. It doesn't look like a PITA to waterproof but I could be wrong.

asot

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen

First pictures appeared on FB
attachment.php

g.p.

Enlightened

It would be cool if an extender tube was an option. Would be the same or even shorter than a standard 2D, twice the run time of normal, and would probably balance really well.

Can you imagine how long the low power run time would be with six 18650's!?!?! :faint:

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened

It would be cool if an extender tube was an option. Would be the same or even shorter than a standard 2D, twice the run time of normal, and would probably balance really well...

I agree, G.P! Since the S6330's diameter requires a holster, doubling the batteries would make it balance really well. As it stands, (pun intended) it's shorter than a can of pop!

Imho, the spill-cone should be a little tighter than 80 degrees though.. (but, we don't need to go around *that* tree again, we did it above)

ZebraLight; please consider balancing S6330 spot & spill cones with a TIR (total internal reflection) lens. It's the rage at SureFire.. (ref) :D

Jay611j

Enlightened

Now that would be the ultimate light. I would KILL for one with TIR lenses :devil:.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahem, well I just took a look at the picture of the SC6330 standing next to the maglite and.... well, uh, before I make any statement about my opinion on how it looks, what do y'all think of the form factor?

And were they purposely trying to take a pic WITHOUT the switch or something?

tonkem

Enlightened
I need more information, of course, as do the rest of us. I like it, so far, but I don't know which maglite that is, so have no true reference of it's size, compared to my Lupine Betty. One thing I am sure to like is the low low that the Zebra will have vs the Betty. Awaiting more information :)

Latest posts