Zebralight SC600 Mk II L2 (XM-L2, 1x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight SC600 Mk II L2 (XM-L2, 1x18650)

I also have to bash the light on my wife's head to get the cell out.
That seems, to put it mildly, like a suboptimal method to remove cells. I'm not certain if this is a bad inside joke, an attempt at trolling, or if you really think and act this way.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

in 90 seconds my copy of this light is to hot to handle. Damn shame to as my new Eagletac TX25C2 just kicked it out of my pocket for small EDC 900+ lumen light

hnupek

Newly Enlightened

is someone able to advise? I will need RED filter for my SC600W MKII , which is on the way - any red filters that fit this flashlight? :thinking:

casun

Newly Enlightened
great review. i just ordered one and am looking forward to it but am a little concerned with the battery fit and heat comments.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened

I have Keeppower 2600s and the fit is mighty tight. I also have to bash the light on my wife's head to get the cell out.

One of the Sony V5 (I think) that I bought recently fits just fine.

Someone here mentioned filing the inside of the battery compartment.

It is pretty common to get issues like this. I bought a Thrunite Catapult V3 and my green Panasonic cells wouldn't fit very well and I probably would have had to borrow your wife and hit her on the head to get them out (mine would hit me back).

I ended up ordering the Thrunite 18650s off their website which are just fine.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened

I obviously haven't tried every version but from my experience if the battery has a black wrapper it is almost always substantially thicker than any of my 18650s with clear/other colored wrappers. The black wrapper definitely seems thicker.
Same with my 14500s, black wrapped ones have fitment issues in some lights while unprotected/other color wraps fit perfectly fine. I wouldn't be surprised if every single black wrapped battery was made at the same place. I am pretty sure keeppower makes them for a lot of brands.

If you pull the brand label off of them then it can help fit into some.

It is pretty common to get issues like this. I bought a Thrunite Catapult V3 and my green Panasonic cells wouldn't fit very well and I probably would have had to borrow your wife and hit her on the head to get them out (mine would hit me back).

I ended up ordering the Thrunite 18650s off their website which are just fine.

Last edited:

cagenuts

Enlightened

I obviously haven't tried every version but from my experience if the battery has a black wrapper it is almost always substantially thicker than any of my 18650s with clear/other colored wrappers. The black wrapper definitely seems thicker.

Ah that makes sense as my Keeppowers are black wrapped (what else except if you're Eminem?).

curlysir

Newly Enlightened

Placed an order today for the w version of this light (SC600w Mk II L2). Originally was going to get the SC62w but after doing some more research and comparing dimensions of the two I believe I will like the slightly higher output of this one. The small difference is size is not a factor for me. I have a Nebo that is slighty bigger then the SC600w Mk II L2 and it not a problem at all. I am in Texas not to far from their business so I should have the light this week. Did have to pay taxes however. Most expensive and smallest flashlight I will have ever owned. Battery fit is a concern so I went ahead and ordered one of the Zebralight batteries in case the others (Olight and Keeppower) won't fit.

This site can be dangerous to the wallet:)

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Just got another SC600 Mk2 L2, this time the neutral white version. Ordered direct from ZL; the page said backordered, but it shipped the next day.

I have 6 other ZLs, all in cool white. Not sure if I prefer the neutral white version or not. No hint of green on H1, but there might be on the lower settings.

The body is a lighter gray than my other. Actually, its lighter grey than all my other ZLs. The button is a bit taller and clickier than my other.

To distinguish the two from each other at a glace, I wrapped a 1/4" silicone band around the body; neutral white got a glow in the dark white band, while the cool white got a blue glow in the dark band.

Steve

bobstay

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the L2 version uses the Cree XM-L2 emitter, and puts out 1100 lumens; yours uses the slightly less bright XM-L emitter, and puts out 900 lumens.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Mines called Zebralight SC600 II. Without the L2. Are there 2 versions of the II?
Yes, the L2 version uses the Cree XM-L2 emitter, and puts out 1100 lumens; yours uses the slightly less bright XM-L emitter, and puts out 900 lumens.
Technically that is true - there was a second version of the SC600 (MkII) that still used the original XM-L emitter. But this version was very short-lived, and quickly replaced by the SC600 MkII L2.

I don't have exact dates but the MkII L2 has been around for well over a year. A quick search tells me the original SC600 (XM-L) was rated at 750 lumens max, the SC600 MkII (XM-L) was rated at 900 lumens max, and the SC600 MkII L2 (XM-L2) is rated at 1100 lumens max.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I have two zl's I am mildly thinking about selling.
a sc52 and sc600-900 lm version if there is any interest,
pm me

RJones

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for such a great review selfbuilt. Been looking at Zebralight headlamps but now I want this light as well. Enjoyed all the comments too. Thanks.

Ron

wcoastjosh

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker here, after spending way too long reading light reviews (as my wife will attest), I am ordering this one. My first zebralight, hopefully it will be all it is cracked up to be. Thanks for the review!

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
This fine review helped me pull the trigger on one of these :thumbsup:
Received it the other day ( x-mas present to myself ) and so far I'm very impressed with my first real light purchase . Excellent EDC size BTW :)
still getting used to the UI , but it is pretty straight forward . I don't understand the programmable 6 click thing but the HI H2 MI M2 LI L2 is easy and the strobe is intense .

Last edited:

incd

Newly Enlightened
Anyone can tell me how is the build quality compared to Sunway C21C or C20C?

And what is the max usable lumens to run until battery empty and without getting to hot in a normal temparature?

I have C20C, i think, it can continuously run safely on medium mode without holding in hand. This is may be about 150 lumens.

Never try to Run it on high mode without holding in hand, cause i am affraid, it is to hot.

Last edited: