ZebraLight SC600 MkII

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a tracking number! USPS. Ordered 2/25. I am in Southern California,USA.

This email confirms that your order was Shipped. Please contact us if you have any questions about your order.

Tracking code: xxxxxxxxx

Shipping to continental U.S. via USPS takes about 2-4 days. USPS Tracking: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action

International orders are shipped from China via postal airmail, EMS, or DHL. You can query your package by the tracking code above according to your shipping method. Please allow 2-6 weeks on average for airmail and custom clearance. You can track here: http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html or EMS : http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html DHL : http://www.dhl.com

Thank you for choosing ZebraLight, Inc..

Good point melty. I have the SC52 and haven't noticed any step downs, well other than the known 500 to 280 one minute step down.

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention that I find the implementation of the stepping down not to be satisfactory, at least on my H600 headlamp, and I think the implementation is the same on SC600 MkII. I was running on H2 and double clicked to go to H1, it almost immediately stepped down to medium. I wanted to go back to H2, but this was impossible because it was stuck in H1 that immediately stepped down to medium if I tried to enter high mode.

Nicola

Newly Enlightened
When did you ordered it?

I ordered mine on March 8th.

I also asked ZL CS (via website msg) for a shipping forecast a couple of days ago but I had no answer at all.

Swede74

Enlightened
I think the pics give a greater impression of size difference than real life.

Basically instead of having the externally threaded screw off cap like on the MKIb and my MKIa, they've threaded the inside of the bezel and used a threaded chrome collar (that you can see in my pics below)
They've then moulded in the external screw bezel into the body but managed to 1/2 it's size from 1cm (from that first lip) to 5mm.

So the bezel is not press-fit (press-fitted?) after all, like so many of us expected it to be. This should open up for aftermarket diffusers and colour filters if there is sufficient demand, and of course it's great news for modders.

If I weren't already the happy owner of a SC52, I'd have a hard time resisting this little gem.

jeffkruse

Newly Enlightened
I use the wrist laynard caving. I even wish the bump was a little bigger to allow for the lanyard to directly connect rather than go through a little metal ring. Does the MKII come with a lanyard?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the step down, I tried the SC52 with some cheap li-ion batteries. It couldn't even hold the 500 lumen turbo mode for one minute like it should have. It was stepping down, and using the light just a little would cause it to step down even faster. I then tried good name brand batteries, and I could use the light a lot, and still have it hold turbo for the full minute. No more step down issues.

My thought is I like not being left in the dark. And if I truly need turbo, I can just put in a decently charged battery. But so far on my SC52 I have had turbo when I needed it. Of course I usually recharge around the 25% to 50% level.

melty

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to mention that I find the implementation of the stepping down not to be satisfactory, at least on my H600 headlamp, and I think the implementation is the same on SC600 MkII. I was running on H2 and double clicked to go to H1, it almost immediately stepped down to medium. I wanted to go back to H2, but this was impossible because it was stuck in H1 that immediately stepped down to medium if I tried to enter high mode.

Is that worse than the light shutting off completely? I agree that it would be ideal to step down from H2 to H1, but there would be several details to work out when implementing that behavior. Details that probably weren't worth the trouble for the small amount of time the light would be able to stay in H1.

melty

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what emitter the latest revision sc600w used? I was thinking of getting an sc600 Mk II and getting a neutral mod, but that won't be possible if the sc52 and sc6330 are any indication. Soooo, I'm considering having my sc600w modded with a 5000k XM-L2 emitter while I wait for sc600w Mk II. That being said, I don't want to bother with a mod if it isn't going to affect brightness much (tint AND brightness push it over the edge).

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that worse than the light shutting off completely? I agree that it would be ideal to step down from H2 to H1, but there would be several details to work out when implementing that behavior. Details that probably weren't worth the trouble for the small amount of time the light would be able to stay in H1.

I didn't say it was worse, I said it was an unsatisfactory implementation. Considering the huge difference in load on the batteries between the 750 lm turbo mode and the 170 lm H2 mode, you may be able to run a long time on the 170 lm mode after it is unable to run on turbo mode.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cleardot.gif
3 Apr (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Darryl

I have held off ordering them to stop delaying the rest of my order but that didn't really work as I have been waiting weeks already.

As soon as this order arrives I will place a new one for the SC600MKII - my guess would be mid to late April before they arrive if we are lucky.

Kind Regards
Antony Cole

Tel: +44 (0)1460 240336

Flashaholics, Unit 5 Lopen Business Park, Mill Lane, Lopen, Somerset TA13 5JS

kwak

Enlightened
I think the auto step down is a good thing, the MKI sudden shut down on all modes is not something I want. I prefer gradual dimming at the end instead of suddenly being left in the dark. That was the reason for me not to get the MKI.
I really hope they will get rid of that lanyard attachment in a later revision, because I will not get this light if they keep it there.

Each to their own.

For me personally when i'm out i set the light output to suit the situation.
If i'm running or walking fast then i want 500 lumens so i can look ahead and pick a path over rough terrain.

If i'm on my mountain bike then it's absolutely essential my light maintain it's constant output.

My H600 does this annoying step down and it drives me crazy.
My early SC600 stays on 500 lumens until the battery runs out, i much prefer that.

Unless I'm mistaken, the light steps down instead of turning off, meaning you're not left completely in the dark when the battery gets low. I don't see how that could be a negative.

Some confusion there i think.

The low voltage cut-off comes in at 2.7v.
It does not matter if the light has this step down or not the torch still switches off at 2.7v

The difference is, with my early SC600 the light will stay on 500 lumens until 2.7v then turn off.
With this auto step down it'll just keep stepping down the output until 2.7v then turn off.

It's pretty pointless buying a 500 lumen torch is i can't use 500 lumens when I want to use it.

I will use the MKII as my EDC and keep my MKI for outdoors stuff.
It's a shame though as this ruins what is otherwise a pretty fantastic torch.

So the bezel is not press-fit (press-fitted?) after all, like so many of us expected it to be. This should open up for aftermarket diffusers and colour filters if there is sufficient demand, and of course it's great news for modders.

If I weren't already the happy owner of a SC52, I'd have a hard time resisting this little gem.

You are absolutely correct.
It was pointed out on another forum that i'd made a mistake, it does seem a lot more likely that it's a press fit bezel rather than threaded :thumbsup:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i'm on my mountain bike then it's absolutely essential my light maintain it's constant output.

oh really. i've ridden quite a bit with the sc600 mk1 ver1. there's no warning it just shuts off completely leaving you in the dark. fatal flaw. could even get you killed or injured.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
... Some confusion there i think.

The low voltage cut-off comes in at 2.7v.
It does not matter if the light has this step down or not the torch still switches off at 2.7v

The difference is, with my early SC600 the light will stay on 500 lumens until 2.7v then turn off.
With this auto step down it'll just keep stepping down the output until 2.7v then turn off.

It's pretty pointless buying a 500 lumen torch is i can't use 500 lumens when I want to use it.

I will use the MKII as my EDC and keep my MKI for outdoors stuff.
It's a shame though as this ruins what is otherwise a pretty fantastic torch.

I have a SC600 Mk-I with the step-down feature. It's virtually impossible to predict when
I have accumulated around two hours of Turbo/High run-time and trigger a step-down into
medium, but, I have repeatedly clocked more than an hour of 65 lm Medium between the
first drop-down from high and the second drop-down into low. The corresponding battery
trigger points are something like: 3.370 volts and 2.915 volts, respectively. YMMV

I've never had the patience to clock after dropping into low, but I guesstimate around
2 hours of 2.8 lm low between 2.915 volts and the 2.700 volt cut-off. And, the lowest
0.1 lm low should last around 20 days. Enough time to safely navigate out of a cave!

The point I'm compelled to make is that we can safely EDC Turbo/High modes knowing
that we will always have 1-hour of 65 lm Medium plus 2-hours of 2.8 lm low in reserve
if we unexpectedly drop-down. Imho, that beats the hell out of cluelessly wielding
Turbo/High modes until one is unexpectedly thrust into total darkness. Murphy's law
says that it would happen at the worst possible moment too.