Zebralight SC80

pblanch

Enlightened
Re: ZEBRA SC80

It is now September. I have been holding off the RRT 0 R5 for this.

Danielsan

Enlightened
i mean this light is like one piece, head and body the same diameter but that is like most flashlights on the market. The SC51 was amazing because the head was wider then the rest, nice curves and smooth surface, all in all the light looked beautiful. This one has no curves, it looks a bit more ordinary in my mind, the knurling and the edges look aggressive, curves always look more organic and softer to the eye. Sure the knurling has a sense but its not beautiful. Sometimes i just want to hold the H31 in my hands because its a nice smooth feel like a stone. In my mind the SC80 lost a bit of its organic and unique look

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it too. Knurling, simpler shape and all, it means business.

Danielsan

Enlightened
Knurling, simpler shape and all, it means business.

yes it is probably more costs effective and takes less time to finish but that was the thing ZL was all about, that they looked different from others, kind of more complex

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care for snap on clips either but it does give you the option of clipping it in either direction and it gives you the option of removing it without the protruding screw base being left behind. Hmmm....maybe this is better for small lights that you plan to carry in the pocket instead of clipped to the pocket.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I don't care for snap on clips either but it does give you the option of clipping it in either direction
true but in this case i dont think so, if you clip it in with the tip towards the tail then it wont stick, or? Maybe if you clip it in right behind the head but i guess its to wide there.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The snap on clip allows for a more smooth body stylling. Unfortunately, they chose to use a cheap material instead of stainless steel. Stainless steel is stronger and resist corrosion much better. Still this light has a lot going for it. The uniform roundness from head to bottom makes it a better light to clip inside a pocket than the SC51. The more recessed side slick button makes it harder to turn on accidentally. For my style of carry, this light is better for me than the SC51.

Once again, Zebralight, why not use a stainless steel clip?

Last edited:

Danielsan

Enlightened
Maybe the SC80 is more form follows function and more cost effective but still the Sc51 is more beautiful :) I think i will order the SC51 for sure if they have them for reduced prices, and the Q50 as well. But i cant decide between SC51 and the new Nitecore lights coming.

Last edited: