Fenix TK40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Looks great to me. A perfect smaller EDC light. I'm happy too about the use of AA cells. finally a light for the commoner!

Any idea on availability in Canada?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great to me. A perfect smaller EDC light. I'm happy too about the use of AA cells. finally a light for the commoner!

Boy...you must be one big feller! :)

We need to coin a new term...how about EDU light. Every day use light. Or GPL...general purpose light. Lights that are used around the house, campsite or carried in a car.

Last edited:

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Enough about whether the thing is "pretty" or not, we're talking 600+ lumens from a handful (though be it a LARGE handful), of good old cheap and readily available AAs! Now that's down right revolutionary!

davidt

Enlightened
Tomorrow is mid February. I sure hope the specs will be posted tomorrow as fenix store claims.

Beckler

Enlightened
I was following this with quite some interest, thinking I really might get this impressive light. Then I suddenly remembered; maybe I should check the price :)

Yeah so I did, and have only one question: WTF?!?!

This is into Surefire territory! I did have my eye on the Optimus, but since those idiots have trouble releasing anything anytime, I might still have to consider this one...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Then I suddenly remembered; maybe I should check the price :)

Yeah so I did, and have only one question: WTF?!?!

This is into Surefire territory! ...

As you stated SF does not have anything yet so I don't see how you can compare prices... not to mention all expectations are that when they do have something it will be at least 2x the TK40, and may even be less lumens... so although this is a new price bracket for Fenix, it's certainly not SF territory. I'm hoping they pull back to about $125, but either way they won't competing on price with SF (if and when SF has anything to compete with).

Grog

Enlightened
I'm interested in a remote switch too, this would be great on a long gun :D

As someone who loved the Surge, I can attest that a 8xAA light can be compact enough to fit in a back pocket while walking around.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I also agree the price is high. Hopefully there's enough magic to justify the expenditure.

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
This Fenix looks interesting. BUT, before i make a decision on it, I am going to wait and compare it to the new EagleTac that is coming out around the same time.

Do you have any more info on the Eagletac?

From what I understand, it will be coming out around the same time, and may have better features......so I will definitely wait for the review comparing these two lights before I make my decision.

Sometimes, waiting patiently is so very hard.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you hear that Eagletac is coming out with one?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is into Surefire territory! I did have my eye on the Optimus, but since those idiots have trouble releasing anything anytime, I might still have to consider this one...

It is in Tiablo / Dereelight / Lumapower / Jetbeam Cree MC-E/SSC P7 flashlights territory ;)

krayman

Newly Enlightened
Battery compartment
Pq2ixbAr-7d2f699bed478b7e766e28cd09.jpg

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy lots of things off the internet, yet I have yet to see four Sanyo 2700 or Eneloops shipped to Latvia for $15. How about a link?

Ziemas, get someone here to buy you a whole bunch of Eneloops and a charger and although it may cost you a little more the first time, it'll be MUCH cheaper in the long run. I stopped buying regular batteries many years ago and ONLY do so in an emergency. I must have saved a fortune.

Bought 100 eneloops a year or so ago :)

oregon

Enlightened
Battery compartment
Pq2ixbAr-7d2f699bed478b7e766e28cd09.jpg

Thank you kindly for the photo Krayman. Welcome to CPF. Nice work.

So the TK40 uses a battery carrier. Is the carrier as fragile as it looks in your photo or is it robust?

Can you dismantle the entire flashlight, take photos of each piece and post them here? Pretty please. I would really like to see the heatsink and the reflector.

oregon

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, krayman.

That picture doesn't show properly. If you just repeat what you did with your first one, it should work.

krayman

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry. I don't own the light and I just saw the pictures on flashlightforum.hk

Beamshot LD20 vs TK40
aV22Xxl0-7d2f699bed478b7e766e28cd09.jpg

LD20
aV22XaTJ-7d2f699bed478b7e766e28cd09.jpg

TK40
aV22XuQS-7d2f699bed478b7e766e28cd09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.