SureFire/SL ProPolly Absolutely Awesome!!

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
I've learned a lot here by reading a shitload of old threads .

You guys all have many opinions on many lights especially on these new cree based lights coming out now or that will come out shortly.

But being a little older and maybe wanna see some years on these new products, (you know time will tell the tale) I went the tried and true route Luxeon I's , V's , etc.

The SureFire L2 I just received from Batteryjunction.com is just . . . I don't know . . . . . Breathtaking:drool: Amazing

StreamLight ProPollys 3C Lux and 4AA/7LED are perfect thrower and a great flooder, I can't see how you could ask for more.

I am very happy with these aquisitions, now I figure get some spare parts O rings and the like and a freaking boatload of cells to keep;em running

So did I make decent choices? Also bought Inova X1 relector, XO , and a T3 old collminating lens style for learning curve purposes and they will find their way to family members who will appreciate them. except the X1

I figure a well made Incan. like an SF A2 might be in order? And anyone have an opinion on a ProPolly Xenon?

Thanks in advance
Riddick

This has been one hell of a good time!!

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
looks like you have made a step in the right direction! Make sure to not get caught up into what everyone else wants, find what suits your needs and dont feel like you are falling behind because you dont have the latest and greatest. Great lights! Great Attitude!:rock:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Glad you like your L2 - one of Surefire's least appreciated lights, in my opinion. I just LOVE that wall-o-light, and the very useful low option is something the L4 doesn't offer unless you buy a $40-ish aftermarket switch. My only complaint about the L2 is that I wish the low setting was about half as bright as it is, but nothing's perfect. All-around thumbs up for the L2!

Best wishes,
Bawko

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

Glad you like your L2 - one of Surefire's least appreciated lights, in my opinion. I just LOVE that wall-o-light, and the very useful low option is something the L4 doesn't offer unless you buy a $40-ish aftermarket switch. My only complaint about the L2 is that I wish the low setting was about half as bright as it is, but nothing's perfect. All-around thumbs up for the L2!

Best wishes,
Bawko

Never tried it but would beam diffuser help this? I also have an L2 and thought the same thing when using it for some applications and was just wondering if anybody has used a beam diffuser on one of these. Does it lower the output any?

Brody

Newly Enlightened
I have all 3 versions of the Streamlight 3C Propolymer series, as well as the LED and Luxeon versions of the Streamlight 4AA Propolymer. The incandescent version is my least favorite of the bunch. It has a ringy beam that is not as smooth as either the luxeon or led versions, and seems to go through batteries faster than the others. If I had to choose among them, I would say the luxeon 3C is my favorite of the bunch, although the others do get quite a bit of use. I like how durable the Propoly series is. They can take a licking, and keep on working. :)