any chance i get a replacement from Pelican?

icare

Newly Enlightened
resizedigp0760vh9.jpg

i wrote 2emails to Pelican but nobody answer my questions. so that's how they treat a customer?

i dropped my old mitylite few days ago right on a table's egde and it splitted into 2pieices, Pelican have advertised about "you break it, we replace it .... forever." What about my case? even the pocket-clip went of (before that). i don't know but my maglite wouldn't never give up like that (2pieces).

so what do you think? do they keep their word about replacement?

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was the table edge on the first floor when you dropped it from the 30th floor? It almost looks like it exploded. Your maglite would be folded in two.
Seriously you should try calling them today. Any company answering an e-mail within a week is pretty standard so have some patience.
I feel your pain but this is a terrible way to join CPF.

Welcome to CPF BTW... There are many many replacements we might help you into. What did you use this light for mostly?

icare

Newly Enlightened
thanks for reply, mate. i live in Sweden so i dont think calling Pelican is a good choice. it was a working table (metall) and i think it about few metres high. Pelican was a backup flashlight only. i use maglite mostly but this pelican was waterproof so i start to use it more and more until.....we work in an industry area so i thought waterproof could be good in case something happens.

no i dropped it, no explosion sorry. Yeah i join this forum just want to ask about if pelican always late to answer (or even ignore emails).

cheers

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give them some time. They'll get caught up eventually. In the mean time I recommend that you get a headlamp so you can work hands free in the dark and not worry about dropping the light.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
They will replace it. Their warranty includes everything but shark attack, bear attack and children under 5. Out of curiosity what kind of enviroment do you work in? Extrememly cold? Could the light have been exposed to any harsh solvents? I have seen plently of pelican lights break at the pocket clip but never in half like that.

icare

Newly Enlightened
the pocketclip was broken too, but was when i turned the light on and it was off before i stopped.

it's not a dangerous evr. just alot off machines around us and no explosions since the batteries were OK.

thanks for everything, i will wait few days before i throw the light (i keep it now just incase they ask me send it)

cheers

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will get back to you on it. It's a shame it takes so long, but that seems normal these days, unfortunately. I have gotten service from them on both lights and Pelican cases. Each time they replaced the items. I would also attach an image of the light like the one posted here in a followup email. It may get their attention as their tech people always are interested in how their products last, or in your case, how they break. I know its hard, but have a bit of patience and they should take care of you. Good luck and welcome to CPF!

FastSkiing

Newly Enlightened
icare said:
resizedigp0760vh9.jpg

i wrote 2emails to Pelican but nobody answer my questions. so that's how they treat a customer?

i dropped my old mitylite few days ago right on a table's egde and it splitted into 2pieices, Pelican have advertised about "you break it, we replace it .... forever." What about my case? even the pocket-clip went of (before that). i don't know but my maglite wouldn't never give up like that (2pieces).

so what do you think? do they keep their word about replacement?

:crackup::crackup:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a pelican product with some if my friends from the authorised dealer in my country back in Dec 2006. Last month one of the microcases for some reason had a bent pin and we went back to the vendor. Unfortunately they ran out of replacement pins and they replaced the microcase for a new one! So in your case, Pelican should replace your light. All the best ......

tussery

Enlightened
Here's my story. In my younger days I was demonstrating just how strong a pelican case was to my friends. I had the great idea of running over my 1150 case with my jeep. Well lets just say this did not go as planned and when I ran over it the box broke into about 10-15 pieces. Thankfully I took all the valubles out of the case. So I sent back the broken pieces to Pelican with a short letter saying the box got run over. Within two weeks there was a new 1150 case on my door step.

Wyeast

Enlightened
I've had great service from Pelican. They've replaced my Stealthlite 4AA for a busted switch, and sent me a new bezel when I melted the lens on the original one from leaving it on too long.

Give them a call!

icare

Newly Enlightened
no, 11days since first email sent to pelican, which i think is very bad for a company like that. maybe they think i live in Europe and therefor doesn't care.....

maybe i should try email once more? (third times)