IN OUR NAME

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you (but not all of you, based on prior posts I`ve read) will find the link in this post to be a welcome relief and a breath of fresh air.

Charlie Sykes, who is a commentator on channel 620 WTMJ radio in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has just today started the website In Our Name.

This is a response to those persons who felt compelled to support the "Not In Our Name" effort, which I personally consider to be an unfortunate diatribe against the United States.

I`ve proudly added my name to "In Our Name", and here`s your chance to do so, as well, if you wish.

From what I`ve seen on the CPF in other threads, everyone`s position on our fight against Iraq is pretty much hardened. I don`t have a problem with that, for I`m not going to spend my time on the CPF attempting to change anyone else`s opinion.

For that reason, I`m creating this thread NOT to invite any further debate on the topic (at least in this thread), but to merely give those of you who support our current efforts, as I do, a chance to publicly voice that support at the "In Our Name" website should you wish to do so.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I signed because I think our fighting men and women deserve all the support they can get. Whether or not we fight with Iraq, the people in our armed forces now and in the past deserve our respect, and support.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are most welcome, and the pleasure is all mine.

WTMJ is a news station, with one of the most powerful broadcast ranges in the Midwest. There are listeners in at least 3-4 states. Charlie Sykes has a morning program each Monday through Friday, from 8:30 to Noon, with a large and loyal audience.

This "In Our Name" website started about 8 hours ago, and so far has over 5,000 signatures. That`s about 10 persons each minute.

It certainly has momentum...as it should.

Take care, and thank YOU!

Wylie

Enlightened
fc9282b4.jpg

I will not forget! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
If you can't read it, it is an airplane ticket to New York's JFK with an arrival time of 7:35 a.m. I have never felt as fortunate being late in all my life. I watched what happened while inbound and then was divered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
You bet I signed!