Hyperion 606i charger

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed a new Hyperion charger on the market - I was planning to get the 5i DP AC/DC with A123 support, but it's out of stock. For $15 more I can get a 606 with integrated balancer and LiFe support (it's in the manual too).

Has anybody tried the new charger and how is it working out for you?

I don't really think I need the cell balancer and all that, but I do want the charger.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes i am also buying Hyperion ESO606I AD, Nice charger can handle LiFePo4 also included AC/DC adapter is a boon. but 6A is kind of limited power. If more power needed get 6010i NET with 500w of charging power when 2 are linked/networked to charged 12S Lithiums. I think it is a good charger, never heard anything negative about it.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks rizky, I think I'll go ahead and pick it up soon :)

6A is OK for me. I understand how it could be limiting for those who charge really big packs or who want to charge really fast, but I'm fortunate in the sense that I don't work with the big packs. My current charger is a Maha C777Plus2.. 350mA li-ion or 700mA NiMh, now THAT is slow :D

I'll let you guys know how it works out when I get mine!

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure you will be happy with the Charger why not get 0610i Net instead? it is 30 dollars more expensive but alot more power? anyway Dont forget to put a review :) i am still waiting for early Jan before purchasing this charger i'll probably pick EOS 0610i Net it is slightly more expensive with more power.

there is also a New Hyperion 0610i DUO with dual charging output(180w+180w) just in case you did not know the price is still yet to be announced.

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naah, don't need the power :)

Picked up my Hyperion today. Very impressed so far. I like the fact that the menus are only 2 or 3 items deep. Easy to navigate, easy to use, unlike some of the pack chargers I have worked with before.

My charging requirements are actually not very complex. I have a bunch of loose li-ion cells, a A123 pack, and some NiMH packs sitting around that all need charging. I want variable power selection, and AC input. This charger delivers all the essentials without the stuff I don't need.

It so happens that it has an integrated cell balancer, which I have never really cared about in the past because none of my packs had balancer connections, but my new A123 pack happens to come with a balance connection, so that is all good :)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man i just found out that Hyperion EOS 0610i Net doesnt have discharging capability(what?) yeah i cant find any words mentioning discharging. Better get Hyperion 06061 AD i guess.

The drawback of Internal AC/DC power is when that part is damaged it is hard to replace whereas the external PSU is easy to replace.

Cant wait to get My 0606i AD.

FYI, There is a new charger Maxpro X6 with upgradeable firmware and stuffs but cant charge single lion.

i am glad that you liked your Hyperion.

Review please Kevin if you dont mind.