Is this the new Princeton Tec EOS 70 lumen packaging?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
%21BiDpYKwBmk%7E$%28KGrHqIOKigEsl5RZOz7BLMiis5seg%7E%7E_1_b.JPG

It doesn't look anything like the packaging of the 50 lumen EOS 4 mode I bought last year. Mine looks like the following picture. Is it too soon to be seeing new packaging or is this a different model (like the tactical model which I'm not familiar with)?

%21BkBD4%28w%212k%7E$%28KGrHqEH-D8EtW,EFpJ5BLV1T0D%298%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

I guess it wouldn't matter either way as the runtime is the same as the older model. I'd just like a second EOS since I love mine so much and it doesn't look like Zebralight is going to be updating the H50/H50B/H501 to include the moon modes that they have on the new Zebralight flashlights (but not headlamps).

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like "1 watt led" is synonomous with Lux1/Lux3, but thats just based on what I've seen of other manufactures.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Looks like PT is no longer "Made in USA" - now "Assembled in USA". :( Bummer

EDIT: Just wrote PT to see what "Assembled in USA" means to them. Will keep you updated, for those who care or are interested.

Last edited:

saabgoblin

Enlightened

EDIT: Just wrote PT to see what "Assembled in USA" means to them. Will keep you updated, for those who care or are interested.
I believe that SOME of their lights are still US made while others in their line are farmed out to other countries to reduce production costs although things may have changed so don't quote me on this.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone from Princeton Tec can answer whether this is indeed the packaging for the new 70 lumen EOS models.

vtunderground

Enlightened

I think that's synonymous with "Assembled in the USA, of foreign and domestic components"). The LED is certainly made in Asia, and the optic is reportedly a Carclo (UK company, not sure where they're made).

woodentsick

Enlightened
Interesting...

Where did you buy it from?

Since the packaging says 1-watt LED I'd be inclined to say this is the older 25 lumen model. They would have written Maxbright Rebel LED instead of 1-watt. And the packaging seems a step backward from their 50 lumen EOS packaging. Also I'm sure they would make clear the fact that it was 70 lumens if this was the case. However because it says 'Assembled in USA' instead of 'Made in USA' it seems more recent....:confused:

It's definitely not the EOS Tactical.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Team -

I heard back from my contact at PT:

"The light is still made in the US but the LED's come from a source outside the US."

So that's what "Assembled in USA" means to them. I'm glad to see they're sticking with US-made when they can. :)

:thumbsup: john

holm0299

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from REI. I purchased the new 70 lumen Remix. Here's a picture of the packaging. I'm assuming they will do the same thing for the EOS (just put a sticker over old lumen rating). That's what they did for the APEX upgrade as well.

DSC03451.jpg

woodentsick

Enlightened
Just got back from REI. I purchased the new 70 lumen Remix. Here's a picture of the packaging. I'm assuming they will do the same thing for the EOS (just put a sticker over old lumen rating). That's what they did for the APEX upgrade as well.

DSC03451.jpg

Sorry to hijack this thread, but that's sure a nice looking headlamp!!!
Please post a review and pics if you can :thumbsup:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did Princeton Tec fix what reviewers posted that the plastic battery door breaks easily on the Remix shown above?

Last edited:

holm0299

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hijack this thread, but that's sure a nice looking headlamp!!!
Please post a review and pics if you can :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm a fan as well. It's not regulated, which is a downside for me but I've been happy with PT products. I may try to get some comparison shots to my EOS 50lm for reference. It is noticeably brighter, but has a more green/yellow tint.

Did Princeton Tec fix what reviewers posted that the plastic battery door breaks easily on the Remix shown above?

Not quite sure. I haven't had it long enough to properly test it. I have heard about the issue though. Sounds similar to the infamous APEX hinge weakness. By the way, my barely used 130lm APEX just cracked. Never did anything to it, just noticed a cracked hinge.

Marko

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had it long enough to properly test it. I have heard about the issue though. Sounds similar to the infamous APEX hinge weakness. By the way, my barely used 130lm APEX just cracked. Never did anything to it, just noticed a cracked hinge.

Princeton Tec FUEL has similar issues with battery cover, the hinge on the battery cover brokes easily (at 2009 models, hope new models hold up better). Sorry OT.

Hmmm... should I buy the new 70 lumen EOS... :whistle: