Petzl Tactikka Xp + Cree XM-L T5 = :)

Tom80

Newly Enlightened
I have been doing allot of night hiking lately and have caught the headlamp bug. I started with petzl Tactikka 3 led and soon out grew it. I bought the Tactikka Xp and thought this would give me the best of both worlds - Spot and flood. The headlamp was good but the spot was a little too focused. The diffuser did do a good job off making a flood beam but the light output was a little lacking compared to the Tactikka 3 led. So I looked up petzl tactikka xp mods and found this thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?281889-Tikka-XP-still-dangerous-)-(xp-g-mod</a>) on the old Tikka Xp. The older version of the tikka xp and the newer style Tactikka XP use the same platform. This is my first headlamp or flashlight mod ever. I followed The thread above but used the Cree XM-L T5 nuetral white Emitter. The beam now has a nice flood to it and really lights up the area well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

d1337

Enlightened
Pretty cool. You only forgot one thing... you didn't take any before beam shots! I really need to do this to my old XP it sounds like it is worth it.

Tom80

Newly Enlightened
Pretty cool. You only forgot one thing... you didn't take any before beam shots! I really need to do this to my old XP it sounds like it is worth it.

Very true! You can see the before and after with a XP-G in the other thread listed above. The XM-L is going to give you more flood then the XP-G. I might change to the cool white XM-L due to the yellow tint of the NW XM-L. The yellow tint does go away with the light on boost.