Thank you and curse you all! (New Member Intro)

HesNot

Enlightened
Hello everyone - I've been enjoying reading the forums here for awhile and finally decided to post an introduction.

The "Thank You" is for making me feel much less unusual for carrying around a flashlight almost all the time (and keeping flashlights stored strategically through my house, cars, tool shed, and personal effects). I think my wife thought I was crazy but when I come downstairs from my home office (our finished attic that does not have a downstairs lightswitch) it is awfully nice to not have to stumble in the dark, or find a seat in a dark theater, or check for something in the back of a cabinet, etc.... (hey I know you guys understand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

The "Curse" part is that I was once totally and completely satisfied with my 3 or 4 3D Maglites, 2d Maglite, 3-4 AA Maglites, my favorite 2AAA Maglites, my 3c Hubbellite, my 2AAA Hubbellite, and my Photon Microlight II. Then I visit here and realize that there is an entire world of lights I never knew about - particularly LED lights. Now I am stuck debating between an ARC AAA and an LS of some variety! And I thought Maglites were on the expensive side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Now I have to feed yet another new habit (in addition to watches, knives and fountain pens)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Anyway, I've learned a lot already and appreciate all the knowledge shared here.

Salud,

HesNot (aka Phil)

An

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, Heh, Heh... Another victim... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I mean...

Welcome Aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Browse around and make yourself at home! There's lots to see here and I'm sure there'll be plenty of opinions/suggestions about which lights you should get next if you have questions.

I'd recommend the Surefire L4 myself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, HesNot.

Also, welcome to 21st century flashlights. Think of all those Maglites that you will be able to modify.

BC

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only, truely, crazy folk think we're nuts.

Many people EDC a knife, hankie, lip-balm (in northern states during winter), rings and other really weird things. A reliable EDC light may save more than just your own life some day. There are numerous circumstances when a good light is better than the knife or gun that some usually carry. Besides, a light is, often, a handy tool.

Waste baskets, Kleenex, pencils, and duct tape aren't confined to only one household location, so why not have handy flashlights? They can save more than, only, time.

BTW - let's add FF & FL to our abbreviations for: firefighter & flashlight.

BTW #2...a big welcome to all Newbies!

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:

I'd recommend the Surefire L4 myself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, and also welcome aboard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, feel free to become part of the problem... err I mean work toward the cure. CPF research indicates that the cure is the perfect combination of flashlights for each and every situation, and much progress has been made.
With a team of over 5000 independantly funded researchers, a cure could be just around the corner. Until then, follow the CPF maintence protocol. Buy 'em both.

David <><

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi HEsNot welcome to the forum pull up a chair and strap your self in. First thing to do is give your credit card info to Dan at Tactical warehouse and Kevin at the Battery Station.you will be getting to know both these fine fellows very shortly anyway. Buy both, Paypal sent

jtice

Flashaholic
Welcome to Photon Land Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I was just like you, had a bunch of mags. Except I was never happy with their orange ring filled beams.

A few months, and a few hundred dollars later, here I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy hunting, watch that wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

batterystation

Enlightened
Those mags will come in handy to use as wheel props and stuff like that. Welcome aboard. You could never find such a great bunch of people that are more than willing to help you spend your money, ahem I mean cultivate your hobby.
My wife only understands it when the power fails, BUT she is getting hooked on that E1E/KL1.

RussH

Enlightened
Re: Thank you and curse you all! (New Member Intro)

I was doing minor mods before I found this forum, mostly simple things like bulb replacements & overdriving them. Now I'm not so lonely & I keep finding neat new ideas.......I think I've used up about 25yrs. worth of flashlight budget in the last 6 mos.
-RussH

Cones

Enlightened
Re: Thank you and curse you all! (New Member Intro)

Hi Phil,
Run away quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
Hide your credit cards & don't listen to the voices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Welcome to CPF.
I have the light and watch bug as well. Knives have just caught my attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif I think I will need more webspace soon.

Have Fun on a great forum.

Mark