This would be flashaholic nirvana

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Imgur, but I like to see some of the stuff posted there. Tonight there was a post about some people crawling through the catacombs below Paris. http://imgur.com/gallery/RLcr7 Imagine going through there with a TM11 or a MiniSR along. Forget the miner's lights and the torches, we would know how to travel first class! :thumbsup: Even a Minimus or a Petzl would be better than what they were using.

bdogps

Enlightened
I do not know what kind of people are in the French police force, nor I know what kind of people explore the catacombs, but I would kick my self if my torches end up being stolen. Eh, I would me more incline to use a head lamp like my Armytek Wizard warm white and extra batteries.

ven

Flashaholic
Looks an awesome adventure does that,be better on your own:) no other distractions from crapy lights :laughing:
Yes something small,compact flood along with some acceptable throw for aiming down the tunnels. Head lamp would be very useful whilst climbing though,to leave hands free:)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
friend of mine was asked to turn his lights off or leave the group on one halloween haunted house/dark tunnel /old cemetary ghost walk alongs. he was accused of taking the fun out of the "dark places" by having too powerful flashlights with him making everythin too brightly lit. but to his defense, they did ask people to bring their flashlights. he did. but because peer pressure he could only use the lowest modes rest of the walk. and sold one of the lights he had with him to one of the other walkers as they really wanted it for its output. :)

i personally dont like tight confines. feel a bit claustrophobic in cramped and crowded places. and i prefer to know where i am and where i can get out/escape if needed. so a tight dark tunnel maze would not be a fun place for me. (if i get a map and get to see/learn the layout and plan escape routes.. different matter, but i think that would take some important aspect out of the experience.) -what i would have with me: normal edc + 2 headlamps (main and backup), and one or two thrower /powerful type of flashlights (plus one set of spare batteries). and some other items in my bag i might consider needing down there in case of problems.

Capolini

Banned
I have been in several catacombs in Roma when I visited family. We entered them from inside a church.

Paris,sewer grates[man hole covers] then to a catacomb!! Strange!

I would have no problem trusting the Italian people in the churches,,,,,but I kind of doubt if they would let you bring in a high powered torch, or any kind for that matter. The catacombs themselves had a limited amount of light but enough to make it a sacred type of atmosphere,after all it is an under ground cemetery!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been to the catacombs of Paris. It was very... sobering.

That's quite a bit of bone down there, and it left me with a "carpe diem" sort of feeling.

Also, as a tourist there, they just let you walk through areas lit by incan AC bulbs (or at least that's what it was when I was there.) There are locked gates to keep people from getting lost down there and most of the layout isn't mapped... lost in time.

To be alone in the dark in such a place would be... quite an experience, I'm sure. That's why they count heads going in and coming out.

I think too much light would lead to the halloween walk scenario presented above, so perhaps a candelabra would be appropriate.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminded me of The Third Man.

TqZV6xd.jpg

_

bdogps

Enlightened
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1572667673 - Crappy quality, but there was a split second NSFW in the original trailer - clean edit.

Also I would cut off a finger to take Shannyn Sosamman on a date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PpryYHHeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZj0Q9rq9E

All flashaholic approved movies.

LoL, instead of paying attention to the storyline of the trailer, I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out the model and brands of the headlamps.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
LoL, instead of paying attention to the storyline of the trailer, I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out the model and brands of the headlamps.

hah,

I spend more time pausing The Walking Dead looking at each light than actually watching the show....

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, a CPF outing to the catacombs. We'd blind the dead.

Yeah, we would all likely expire from dehydration rather than lack of light. 10 years after we go missing they'll randomly spot whats left of us because someone turned on their HDS beacon mode before we ran out of water ......

:candle:

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK,

Im literally making this a goal within the next year. I'll take Paris....

Will post pics, if I make it back. ( Anyone know of real deep LEAGAL tours? )

Im into a "Do what you fear the most." mindset lately. I just climbed Observation Point @ Zion and stuck half a boot over the edge. I used to be petrified of heights, Im talking changing lightbulbs on a ladder with cold sweats. F fear. Im bored of it.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-observation-point-trail.htm

Last edited: